results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
elmorg
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I think that it is a good start not to have the vendor to pay until the client contacts them, however, I would like to know if the fee is immediately due at the time of contact, or, when the client hires the vendor?  Also, will the fees go up depending on the vendors cost to the client?  All in all, I believe that this is a better way for all vendors to proceed in their attempts to attract more clients to their businesses.  The way that the world is today, every person needs a little wriggle room in making choices and decisions before they get involved. Thank you for starting this process. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you @elmorg! Understanding when you’re charged is one of the very first things you should know before promoting your service. We're glad you're bringing this up.

When you promote your service, you set your preferences to tell us exactly what customers you want. Since we know what customers you want, you’ll get a rank boost in search results. Then you’ll pay automatically for all new leads that match your preferences and get 20% off those leads. Sometimes a customer might reach out about a job that doesn’t perfectly match your preferences. When that happens, you can decline the job if it’s not a good fit (and you won’t pay a cent!) or you can pay to respond to the customer if it’s a job you want to pursue.

If you’re not promoting your service, you only pay for the lead if you reply to the customer. And you don’t get the rank boost or the discount mentioned above.

You can also find more customers in your Jobs tab. The customers you find here have contacted other pros, but you may be a better fit. If you express interest in a job from your Jobs tab, you only pay if the customer replies.

To read more about when you pay, check out Thumbtack Help.

Thanks to these pros who asked similar questions about how you're charged. Keep the feedback coming!

@RCPS @pfnydesigns @BKopitzke @DJStevie @incognitii @acreativeexp @2menlabor @MaggieWagner @ToonGuy @fleite @Faaz99 @AutumnElectric @MYteddydog1 @Bosco @redfoxdinners @DariusFre @bonnie_bill @Bryant @jpmcdunn @leogoz @Buford12 @scottds @Taurus_DJs @Maury @nyureyez @TimWilliams @rgs @PastorHoward @Timeforpix @Aj__ @Pianotech @regina3255 @TheLast10SF @Jamone @savingsadie @thumbtack77 @marywood85 @jz1 @lollipopainting @writingcoachron @dbdesign @Marryyouido @SusiG @Marioninyc @doriska @Mizzterria05 @DesertMemories @Wayray125 @evildoer @Chef2018 @John-Page @Joker187 @PhotobyLuigi @brad0321 @Sopered8 @Jonthegingbeard @RealRoots @PhxPianoTeacher @tshon @Cpfahler @Rn4fldhcky @Dervin @Shaung @Jamiegeddes @sputinc @MobileMixology @Amayvalentine @fryborg @Sid @uonlinetv @neilpwillson @TGJ @RBG @leanbodies @tloomis @VCC @Xian @Smoore @CelikPI @Kris_10 @NAtutor @jrcgolf @Beth @Marek @ddsmachinequilt @elenaushina @Mary6 @FashionistaNYC @SKI @Michael1 @andamayo25 @DougLaRue @lukasgenin9 @Vleathers @Geronimo @Gmagician

sputinc
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I had a lady ask if I was serious about a price she felt was too high on a supposed exact match, and you charged me, and would not reemove it. There needs to be a way to pass on matches and not be charged because even though your computer says it's a match, sometimes it is not a good one.

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@sputinc I want to look into this charge. Can you send me a private message with the name of the customer? 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution
Will I know up front how much I will be auto charged using Promote when the lead matches my preferences & they reach out to me using the conversation starter? Reading this statement tells me this will be no different then Instant Match where I wouldn't know until after the lead contacts me using the conversation starter. "Since we know what customers you want, you’ll get a rank boost in search results. Then you’ll pay automatically for all new leads that match your preferences and get 20% off those leads".
0 Kudos
TheLast10SF
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

@cjk Thanks for the thoughtful response. For Promote, when will we be able to customize the return message to customers? Right now it's a generic reply (something like "[company name] is interested in projects like yours, DM for details..." I would also like to have different return messages per catagory. Can you please comment? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Pianotech
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have absolutely no earthly idea how to deal with scheduling a person who is not "SPEAKING" to me. My phone rings constantly. There is absolutely no way I can do any electronic scheduling without a fully functional crystal ball.

0 Kudos
tlk32
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

You guys (TT) are like talking to a brick wall. To be a good communicator, one must be a good listener. We the TT Pros are talking, but you are not listening. It is not reccomended to bite the hand that is feeding you. My business has suffered dramatically from all of the TT mumbo jumbo. I have been a Top Pro for 4 years with you guys. This whole ordeal is very sad. Am I actually supposed to deal with a "potential" customer that is 2 1/2-3 hours away from me when my perimeter is set up for 35 miles? 

0 Kudos
kimkotary
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with almost everyone that posted. During the first quarter or 2017 my business boomed mostly because of Thumbtack. My business doesn't fit into your cookie cutter format. Your format implies that I offer services that I don't. I charge hourly for a minimum of 90 minutes of my time. That is not an option on your format. It is not worth my time to travel an average minimum of 2-3 hours round trip for a 45 or 60 minute private lesson.

The first instant match I got was a request from a client that I could tell was never going to hire me. I only replied because I was told I was already charged for the contact.

Last summer I made something for a client and charged as much at the market would bear. That was not enough to cover my time but it was and interested project and since I'm not getting clients from TT anymore, I took the gig. TT charged me about 30% of my price. I am never doing that again.

Lessons.com has to be part of TT because the wording on the profile questions is exactly the same. It is like the old system with credits but your marketing must not be as good. I have not gotten a single client from that site. I also couldn't transfer the reviews I have accumulated over the years on TT. Reviews seal the deal with most of my clients.

When you changed from the credit system you raised our prices, decreased the quantity of the clients we could send bids to and now you are decreasing our opportunity to post quality personalized bids while charging us for clients we can tell won't hire us.

Aleme
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am sorry, but I prefered the old system where I can see the request. I don't kow why I don't receive as many requests than before. 

Thank you for all your effort 

Aleyda