Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for posting your thoughts, @Pool2001We want you to use Thumbtack in the way that makes the most sense for your business. This is why promoting your service is optional.

A pro who wants to get a rank boost in search results to be seen by more customers and get 20% off leads should promote their service.

If you choose not to promote your service, you’ll get to decide what leads you want before paying for them. After seeing the job details, you can decline the job if it’s not a good fit (and you won’t pay a cent!) or you can pay to respond to the customer if it’s a job you want to pursue. You just won’t get the rank boost or the discount mentioned above.  The choice is ultimately entirely yours.

Promote.png

No matter how you’re using Thumbtack, make sure you’re responding quickly to customers, which includes declining jobs that aren’t a good fit. And to read more about getting the right leads, take a look at Thumbtack Help for more details.

Thanks to these pros for posting as well! We heard similar feedback and questions from you about whether promoting your services is optional.

@DJStevie @ALLSteve @Shuddrbug1 @Knightmagic @2menlabor @Fstfirebrd1984 @ToonGuy @Faaz99 @AutumnElectric @ashtree @redfoxdinners @Pool2001 @bonnie_bill @leogoz @Boomarang811 @TheLast10SF @thumbtack77 @lollipopainting @Tigerwebster @Kristenguidry @FrenchTutorGuy @Marioninyc @Spweld @Mizzterria05 @DesertMemories @WGACSC @evildoer @John-Page @reelcello @EE @brad0321 @trainerann @mken @lsepeds @Tfdesign @justplainolstev @sputinc @parijatajain @RBG @VCC @Xian @Smoore @Rusty @Beth @shreksplumbings @ddsmachinequilt @Fhogoboom @perlavisionphot @Mary6 @KitKat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CSUSA
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

however...........Pro's that don't 'promote' won't ever see leads until the customer has already contacted another Pro, right?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Not necessarily @CSUSA. When you don’t have promote on, you can still show up on a list of pros and customers can request more info from you, however, you won’t get the rank boost that the pros who are promoting their services get. Like Chris mentioned, the choice is entirely yours!

0 Kudos
CSUSA
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

If 'promote' is on, how many other Pro's with 'promote' on will also show up on the customers list? All of them? 3-5 competitors? up to 15 competitiors?

0 Kudos
Pool2001
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I was also charged for a lead that said "You match" but the customer never contacted me, I never got the job. I did not ask for this customer. I opted out of Instant Match but this system seems very much like forced Instant Match.  Can we opt out of this system and do things the old way?

Fastef
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I totally agree this is why I slowed down on using them I actually felt like i was getting charged for fake leads I been blessed to get jobs wird of mouth thank God! My account was always being charged simular to what u said not good
0 Kudos
marywood85
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
So Pamela,
Were you charged whether or not you passed or accepted?
0 Kudos
Faaz99
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes there should be a control over this . I got charge so many times for just a question a customer asked. The customer does not know we get charge for. I would suggest we should get charge after we get hired.
Faaz99
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Me too I received a job that I didn’t quote and I got charge for it. I think we should get charge after we get hired.
RevSydney
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

pfmydesigns ~  Yes!  I raised about this with TT. Found out I could eliminate this unauthorized action by TT, by REMOVING MYSELF FROM INSTANT MATCH. Now I get to choose whom and when and IF!  The discount wasn't worth the hassle. (And I am not a newbie; I've been a vendor/Pro with TT since the beginning!! They have been a good service ~ but I've found their experimental practices (at our expense), micromanagement of our businesses, and CONSTANT changes frustrating. Its uptous to keep giving them feedback, hoping theyi'll restore the bemeficial practices they have had in the past.

0 Kudos