results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Moderator Kameron

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

@Tigerwebster I just wanted to clarify that we've never charged or taken a percentage from a closed contract or any earnings that pros make through a job, and that it's not within our future plans at the moment. The only time we currently charge is for a customer contact and it's been this way for the last while. Under the new Search Results experience you'll pay at different times for those contacts based on Promote.

If Promote is off, you'll see the cost to accept the contact up front.

If Promote is on, the cost of a contact won't be known until it happens, but you can always check your Payments page to see the cost of a contact once it comes in. The contact will be immediate at a 20% discount for being more available to the customer. The weekly budget for each service will be even more important to control your weekly spending.

You can learn more about Promote and when you'll pay HERE.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron

I thought that Promot was supposed to be that PROMOTE for us, not to surprise us with charges after a generic reply!!!! I received 2 of those replies last week, and got charged for them which I am very angry about and expect refund for them!!! But TT doesn't care how angry the pros get, just for them to make the almighty dollar!

Get rid of PROMOTE and go back to the old way of doing things..Majority of the pros have had success with the old format, or at least the format previous to this stupid PROMOTE. And get rid of badges! They do nothing for me and other pros. Badges don't provide us hired jobs.

I'm angry over many other things as well, so I won't go into detail here. Think I messaged you too, as well as several other reps. But personally, Reps only answer the few positive comments in Community, or they only answer certain questions in private messages from pros. I'm sure that I'm not the only pro to voice his/her concern

Solved! Jump to solution
Best idea Thumbtack has had to date...I gave up with all the constant changes.Now iam excited to utilize Thumbtack again....Iam on track to received Top Pro status next month so once again iam happy someone finally made a sound format decision
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Pellisconstruct congratulations for being on track for Top Pro! Glad to hear that you feel these changes are for the better, keep up the great work.

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't like the new system. I'm paying more and benefitting less. I prefer the old system where I reviewed the customer profile and was then able to decide whether or not to pay to send a quote. Please fix this, and as soon as possible. It's clear that the majority of your clients are also unhappy with the new system. Keep it simple, please!

BKopitzke
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Please confirm - any customer can message me, but you will only charge me if I choose to reply via Thumbtack, correct? How much will you charge?

incognitii
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

No, from what I understand, you'll be charged automatically if they contact you.  Period.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@BKopitzke @incognitii it will depend if you're using Promote or not.

If Promote is off, you'll see the cost to accept the contact up front.

If Promote is on, the cost of a contact won't be known until it happens, but you can always check your Payments page to see the cost of a contact once it comes in. The contact will be immediate at a 20% discount for being more available to the customer. The weekly budget for each service will be even more important to control your weekly spending.

You can learn more about Promote and when you'll pay HERE.

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

Why surprise pros with the cost when promote is on? My weekly budget was set for what I can spend weekly. I would check to see the cost, and send quote if I wanted to. Now to be surprised isn't fair. How can Thumbtack know what jobs I want(distance, cost, date, hours, etc)? Quotes get sent on my behalf and I unable to send personable message along with quote or right after as I used to. I am very personable person and have been told by several reps I can still be personable, but would have to wait until customer replies, or in my profile. So, how can I be personable in my profile as each event that I DJ is different, depending on customer needs, personal issues, school/church functions, etc.

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks @DJStevie for your feedback! I understand how important it is to be able to make a strong first impression. Within Thumbtack’s search results, you still get a chance to make that great impression, but now that starts with your profile. Approach building your profile like you would your storefront on a busy street. How can you make it stand out?

Let me explain a bit more. When customers search for a pro on Thumbtack, they see your business in search results and can view your profile — which costs you nothing. In fact, with search results, your profile will be seen by up to 3 times more customers than before. These customers can read your reviews, look at the photos you’ve shared, and generally get to know your business before they reach out. This means that your profile is more important than ever before. You can help increase the chance that the customers who contact you are more informed and more likely to be ready to take the next step. To read our tips on how to build a winning profile, check out this article.

Thanks to these pros too, who gave us similar helpful feedback! We hear your concerns about making a good first impression in the new search results system, and keep the ideas coming!

@Alex310Photos @JustinPro @nancykenright @Faaz99 @allen @redfoxdinners @Mcaskey @Bryant @PastorHoward @Aj__ @Kidmillions @TheLast10SF @traynorpiano @Jbea @Joeriotta @SusiG @SillyCar @LWJ @northpolesanta @carpentryman @Marioninyc @Spweld @Entrepreneur85 @Mizzterria05 @DesertMemories @kimkotary @NikH @HappyPaws @trainerann @KSV4U @tshon @halinphilly @FestiveFunktion @Dervin @xfmassage @curtgolden @parijatajain @TGJ @SMConstruction @Xian @Mdempsey @gbull19 @b3bt4592 @KitKat @Michael1 @judybab6 @Rdouthit

0 Kudos