results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for posting your concerns about ranking, @mina! Understanding how ranking works is an important step to getting the most out of Thumbtack. There are several factors that go into ranking, but the key thing to remember is that you will rank higher if you provide customers with a great experience. So focus your effort on building a great profile, adding your price estimates, responding quickly to your customers, and getting great reviews. And try promoting some or all of your services.

As long as you’re focused on providing an all-around great experience for your customers, you’ll likely find you’re already doing these things. Check out Thumbtack Help to learn more about ranking in search results. Make sure to let us know if you have more questions!

And thanks also to these pros who also posted feedback on ranking in search results! We'll be talking more about ranking soon so stay tuned!

@ALLSteve @bonnie_bill @mina @rgs @Candon @lollipopainting @Joeriotta @Spweld @ImmortalWriting @justplainolstev @parijatajain @elwell @Beth @SKI @adouglass
0 Kudos
CSUSA
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I'll try again-

If 'promote' is on, how many other Pro's with 'promote' on will also show up on the customers list? All of them? 3-5 competitors? up to 15 competitiors?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@CSUSA Pros that are and are not using Promote will both show up on the list. The number of pros that will show up on that list will vary depending on the job the customer needs to be done, filters, and area. If you'd like you can check for yourself and see what it looks like from the customer's point of view. Just visit https://www.thumbtack.com/ and search for a fairly popular service like photography or handyman for example.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi

My problem with the ranking on the queue is this:

I'm a Pro with only 5-star reviews. I specialize in editing longer docs (Dissertations, Theses, and books), so it takes me longer to complete a job than, say, editing a resumes or writing a 3-4 minute speech. 

I don't know if others have employees, or assistants to help with the editing. As an example, resume editors may have templates that others can use. I edit every word, comma, etc. myself. This means it takes longer to do the work as I go back and forth with the client during the lifetime of the job. 

The result is that I cannot respond to as many requests as others in a given space of time. So that means I'm way lower on the queue. But my work is excellent and clients are very pleased. Now, however, they can't see me unless they hit "more" once or twice and by then, they're zoned out or have made a decision. 

Meanwhile, if I hit Promote 'on,' I will get requests and be charged when I'm still working on one or two projects or more. 

You see? 

I just noticed "LEVELS"  - Please explain. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Kelvin
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am going to suggest a minor change to the search results. How about we as professionals pay when we contact the customer after the customer makes first contact.

PastorHoward
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

In an effort to cut back on costs, I have started placing messages sush as this in my first contact with potential clienst:

"Rhonda, I quoted you a price of $150 but there is no way to explain or expound in that first contact. The $150 is for a small private ceremony on Jacksonville Beach or St Augustine Beach. If that is something that appeals to you, let me know. Otherwise please simply ignore my quote because if you respond to this, Thumbtack will charge me an exorbitant fee, whether you hire me or not"

Solved! Jump to solution

@Pastor Howard - Aren't you charged when they first contacted you? They hit on you, you respond saying this? Aren't you charged because of the hit? 

0 Kudos
hmazzeo16
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm a caterer in the Boston area.  I don't understand the changes with quoting anymore. Everyone that has instant match is getting the jobs?  

I haven't got a job through Thumbtack in a long time. Not even a reply .! What am I doing wrong???

Hope the new process is better, But when I looked at it ,the list starts with top pros and lesser pros at the end of the list. NO ONE reads anything on page two!!!! 

glampert
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Where are people searching to find us in their search results?  Google?  Thumbtack? Other?  Can they search for us by name on Thumbtack for repeat customers?

What search terms would someone use to find us?

Thanks for clarifying.  Many ways to search and many locations to search.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question @glampert. The customer will still be going through our website to do their search. To get an idea of how things work, I recommend watching this video here on how customers will find you if you haven't already. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I want to make sure everyone understands how it works so you can continue growing your business! 

0 Kudos