results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Dvoights
Level 1

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
The search results for putting us out front is an awesome idea. But lets get more basic i am ready to remove Thumbtack because you professional feid is to narrow i remove asbestos for a living. ( yes i know 😢) not the best line of work.. But you don't have that as a career. When i enter that in it changes it to mold removal.. Not tge same thing very irritating! And as far as give a customer a quote on removal. Your questionnaire is way to vag to give an accurate quote. Makeing changes in those departments would also help others tremendously.
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Dvoights I checked your accounts to find that they are both set up for asbestos removal. As well on the main site page, customers can search specifically for asbestos removal. To clarify are you saying that you've been seeing mold removal jobs? In that case I've checked your Advanced Settings on your Services page and turned off "Suggest jobs related to my services".

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
How will we kbow when a customer needs an appraisal?
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Since we joined thumbtack a few yrs ago. Pricing went from points to dollars. Used to cost a few dollars to about $28 max for a quote. Now its $75.
That's absolutely to high.
Especially that most customer request and up being people wanting to know how much a project will cost. They have no intention of hiring anyone.
They just want an estimate in case they decide to do it in the future.
Plus a lot of customers find out they can't afford it.
So its money and time wasted.
Especially at $75 a quote.

Solved! Jump to solution
How will i know when q customer needs an appraisal?
0 Kudos
Michael1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I might not be a good match for someone just browsing the internet. I like to respond to those I feel that would like my professional services. As a photographer, I do a few different types of Photography so o my prices are different for the different types of photography. I have portrait, wedding and event prices.
Will I have to pay because someone else sends me a message or will the payment only incur if I respond?
Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

You might get charged when the customer replies, happens to me alot, more so now when they send their generic replies.

0 Kudos
Geronimo
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello guys I think Thumtack is a great app, but you need to fix few things por exemple: If I send a quote and the customer answer to me you charge me automatically, thats not fair because several times after interchange some messages with the customer we dont make any business together and the correct manner is that you charge me only when the job is 100% confirmed to going to be done by me. May be you need to focus in a better way to mark the pros as hired and then carge your fee.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Vleathers
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I love the new search results idea. My only concern is about the payment once potential clients contact you. Sometimes people are only looking for ideas and won’t hire you. Others contact numerous business but only hire one. I think businesses should only get charged once they get hired. A new business to ThumbTack May get contacted a lot but only hired a few times, if that. It takes a while to build your profile and get reviews from previous jobs. Other than that, I love ThumbTack.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@Vleathers, it's great to hear that you're excited about this change, and we hear you on the concerns for new businesses. Getting a new business off the ground is hard work. And asking how to compete as a new pro is the right question to ask. In general, I recommend starting with your profile. Focus on adding a great profile picture, adding detail about what sets your business apart, and getting reviews. We know getting reviews is a challenge when you’re a new pro, so get started by sharing your review link with customers you’ve met outside of Thumbtack. You can also import past reviews from Facebook.

If you know the type of customer you’re looking for and you want to meet as many of them as possible, consider promoting your service. That way, we’ll know exactly what you’re looking for and can get your business in front of as many of those customers as possible. Plus, you’ll appear higher in search results and get 20% off all your leads.

To see even more jobs, check out your Jobs tab. These customers have already contacted another pro, but you could be a better fit. So when you see something you like in your Jobs tab, be sure to express interest in that job. You’ll only pay if the customer replies.

Thanks to these pros who posted similar concerns for newer pros as well. We really appreciate your feedback!

@AutumnElectric @CMF @hmazzeo16 @Kidmillions @DVDI_Video @SMounceco @xfmassage @tomdans @Coronado @Vleathers

0 Kudos