Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
rgs
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Unfortunately, advertising on the internet is competitive and can get very costly. Thumbtack is an advertisement company and if we want them to promote our business our profile we are going to have to pay for the service. The best source of advertisement will always be Word of Mouth. I'm going to give it a try with a budget if it works it works. I just hope it works better than scratching lottery tickets!

0 Kudos
Campingram
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I dont feel we should be charged when a customer reaches out. Ive had customers reach out that are not in my sevice area. We should be allowed to pick the customers we want to deal with.
An your system should allow at least one question for free, i pass up alot of jobs because i dont want to risk having to pay for a lead that does not fit.
brad0321
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I do photography work and I can tell you there are a lolt of low budget bottom feeders out there that wnt everything in the world but don't want to pay for it.  So everybody, let's face it Thumbtack doesn't give a crap about us Pros they are only interested in their bottom dollar, so this way the more so called "Clients" can contact us pros the more Thumbtack can make even if the "client " is a complete flake and has no intent of hiring anyone and is just passing time at work surfing the net and putting in the bogas request.

NO sorry Thumbtack I will not pay for so called leads where I don't get a real full name (not squezebox123) and a phone number and email adress. Without that type of info they aren't really leads. And I will not pay you, Thumbtack, for "clints" that don't measure up to my requirements.  I'm not going to get billed for people wanting to just ask questions or are just price hunting and when I do try to contact them the phone number is not working or nobody ever answers and no one ever responds back after I send them an email. But I will get chargd any way.......NO I DON'T THINK SO.

As far as I know you at Thumbtack could be reaching out to me and other Pros claiming to be clients and turn around and bill us. No, in this time and age I don't  put anything past what a company will do to generate revenue. Just look at Facebook and how it sold off people's info and such, all for the mighty dollar.

So when you start charging me without me being able to review the request and to make my own discission on taking the job or not is when I will ask for a refund and close my banking with Thumbtack and I will go elsewhere.

JSGDS
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Dang sorry @brad0321 TT dosnt work for you (It works for us and were just a couple guys with a HSD).  If i could help you I would but it sounds like your quiting.....  May i ask what are you going to do in order to replace leads?  Do you know what they charge?

0 Kudos
Shuddrbug1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
@brad0321,
Very well said! I totally agree with you. I also am suspicious of many of the leads coming through these days.
Theresa
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
It’s so true! It’s ridiculously expensive
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I do like Thumbtack and it has been a main source for Officiating Weddings for the last few years.  I have thought of leaving many times as you worked out your quoting protocol.  In the beginning you sent me many within 50 miles of my home.  You changed things and then I was only receiving quotes beyond 50 and 100 miles.  That is a lot of driving, so I put over 50 miles away a $40. charge and over 75 miles $60.  The only thing is it does not show up in quotes - it is in the question section and I don't believe the clients read all the way through when picking.  I do discuss but it is only after you have charged me for the quotes.   Driving 4 & 5 hours round trip needs to be my decision.  This area of NY has very irradict weather and lots of snow in winter which makes long distance driving questionable.    

My point:  It could be allowed in the quote so they know in advance.  Local I don't want it but over 50 & 75 miles - I do.

I am sure others take travel into consideration when quoting.  

Can you find a way to improve on this?

When I started prices for quoting were much lower, then they became outragious and now, you are trying to balance it out which I do appreciate.  I paid for many quotes in the past that I never would have taken.   I like when you send the long distance quotes to be my option to quote or not.   

Thank you for continuing to listen to us and I for one will continue to utilize your services.

Minister Marge

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks @MinisterMarge, I understand it can be frustrating to get jobs that are outside your preferences and not know why. We sometimes send you leads outside your normal job preferences to help you meet more customers. If you’d like to stop receiving these types of leads, update your Advanced Settings in Services. From here, scroll to the bottom of the page, select Advanced Settings, and click to uncheck the options you’re not interested in.

Thanks to these pros who also expressed frustration about getting jobs that aren't a perfect match for you. We're always trying to get better and appreciate the input!

@Gerson92 @DJStevie @Fastef @acreativeexp @ALLSteve @2menlabor @JohnSouerbry @ToonGuy @JustinPro @Kwestman @fleite @nancykenright @Faaz99 @AutumnElectric @DPKK @tjgholar @DariusFre @Aeroduct @bonnie_bill @Bryant @leogoz @Taurus_DJs @Maury @C2C @tlk32 @DrData @NspectorJeff @Aj__ @traynorpiano @Ruby @savingsadie @glampert @MinisterMarge @marywood85 @jaxxie59 @carlarhea @lollipopainting @SillyCar @LWJ @FrenchTutorGuy @pucksandgrub @Marioninyc @SMounceco @Mizzterria05 @DesertMemories @Aherbel @kimkotary @Rezns @IMMAPhotography @Diceofseven @Chef2018 @Campingram @Joker187 @Mymaymay-26 @HappyPaws @EE @brad0321 @christya @Camezo @judyG @petermooremusic @Jxlewis @Jonthegingbeard @trainerann @KSV4U @SRL @rlmillerphoto @justplainolstev @SBP @AdjustingSpace @xfmassage @MobileMixology @DallasMike @emily @parijatajain @SMConstruction @32marlinspecial @Dogwoodk9 @Jenay @tloomis @CabinetmanTom @QueenC @DennisG @NAtutor @gbull19 @Marek @Dvoights @b3bt4592 @perlavisionphot @Pgambrell2 @KitKat @andamayo25 @lukasgenin9 @AAArchitect @judybab6 @Rdouthit

View solution in original post

Solved! Jump to solution

Is there a specific place to add pricing details?  

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@AtHomePetCare to specify your prices just visit your Services page, click on the service you want to adjust, and click on Prices. We also recommend laying out how your pricing works somewhere within your profile.

0 Kudos