results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks @nancycastro! I hear your frustration about not getting as many jobs as you'd like.

I’m sorry to hear that some of you aren’t getting as many customers as before. Your business is important to us and we want you to be successful using Thumbtack. Let’s take a look at the options you have to find more customers.

The first thing I’d encourage you to do is promote some or all of your services. By telling us exactly what kind of jobs you want, we show your business to more of the customers you’re interested in. You get a rank boost in search results, giving you a better chance to get in front of the customers you’re looking for. You also get a 20% discount.

Beyond that, investing in your profile is always a great place to start. Being successful on Thumbtack is all about standing out, and your profile is the best way to differentiate yourself.  You can always search for yourself to see how your profile might appear to a customer — especially compared to your competition (just don’t contact any of your competitors). Then, spend the time to make your profile really pop.

I recommend paying close attention to what factors into ranking in search results. Understanding how this works helps you leverage your business so you meet the enough of the right customers.

Finally, take a look at your Jobs tab. The customers you find here have already reached out to another pro, but customers want as many options as possible, and you could be a better fit than the pros they’ve already contacted. If you find a job you’re interested in, take the opportunity to introduce yourself. You’ll only pay for the lead if the customer responds.

Thanks to these pros who posted similar concerns about not getting enough jobs with Thumbtack. I hope this was helpful!

@Gerson92 @DJStevie @Crystal2468 @another_one @Fstfirebrd1984 @nancykenright @Faaz99 @allen @tjgholar @NathanB87 @rdansmit @Blackbox @Maury @C2C @mina @nancycastro @Liliana @SocalFitSteve @hmazzeo16 @gloriaj0 @TheLast10SF @mmyang99 @nutrinancy @Aleme @Diceofseven @Mymaymay-26 @Paul2 @HappyPaws @sputinc @Randall @Mdempsey @drrichpatterson @Fhogoboom @KitKat @NikkiD

Paul2
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Sorry. But I'm getting several notices that I'm being specifically mentioned by an employee in Thumbtack posts. I have yet to see my name or a response to the message I sent recently. Your business seems highly disorganized lately.

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Paul2, @Meckell, @cjk, @Kameron, @Hankster

I agree with you, as my name is being tagged but NO reply to ANY/ALL of my replies, comments, etc. Why is that?

0 Kudos
mina
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Even though the new plan seems like it will help "reduce" how much we are getting charged, however, I am not too keen on this new system. I tried it out myself and I can say that I do not like the layout the result are being presented, not sure if it is my own field or something else. The search result seems to list people with the cheapest price on the top of the page, and not maybe the ones with the most credible profile. I feel like this is what thumbtack promotes anyways so it is not a shock to me. Thumbtack seems to promote cheaper pros to clients, so they come up first on the search result. This is not fair to other pros who are professional and have a justified reason behind their price. 

Also since the new system, i have not recieved any customer contact, or profile views, again this might be due to the fact that there are other pros who are low balling this service. There is too many changes going on with thumbtack, it is hard to keep up, thumbtack was unique, had its own style and brought me great business, now it is starting to look like every other gig website out there.

C2C
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
This has completely slammed my services. Not one view or reply since this began. I was getting views to every quote I bid on prior to this and being hired frequently. Thumbtack you are - again - missing the mark and slamming us with unnecessary and difficult fees that are killing business for many Professionals. We are not a one size fits all type of quote. Please do not do this to your Professionals that have worked hard here for years. Not one single job since you started this!
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree, and the only replies that I had the past 2 weeks, were a couple of generic replies and I got charged for them. TT didn't give me the chance to review customer profile, accept, decline, etc

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@mina glad to hear that you've been able to give Search Results a try and see how it works for you. The ways that pros can show up higher on the list are based on Profile quality, using Promote, Pricing match with the customer budget, Responsiveness, and Reviews. You can learn more about what determines rank and how to move up in customer searches here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/search-results.Thanks for rolling with the number of changes that have been made. Just know they've all been changes that were thought out and researched with customers and pros in mind. 

0 Kudos
mina
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello Kameron, 

Thank you for your reply. I am promoting my page, i am a top pro, and I reply clients quickly, and I have alot of reviews. Also there is no:customer "budget" option in cutomer request for make up artist, so I am still confused as to how that is determined. I see people with more reviews, more hires listed below the page because their price is higher, so it is price that is determining the listing algoritm. and how are we supposed to get higher ranking if we are not getting any customer contact or hires if our profile are not being viewed becuse it is on the bottom of the page. 

The best system that has worked great on thmbtack for me so far if paying for credits, refunding when noone replies, and seding 5 pros to client, you can always rotate the pros profile sent to clients, so that everyone gets a chance to be seeing, and not send clients 15 profile.

Thank you

Beth
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron wrote:

@mina glad to hear that you've been able to give Search Results a try and see how it works for you. The ways that pros can show up higher on the list are based on Profile quality, using Promote, Pricing match with the customer budget, Responsiveness, and Reviews. You can learn more about what determines rank and how to move up in customer searches here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/search-results.Thanks for rolling with the number of changes that have been made. Just know they've all been changes that were thought out and researched with customers and pros in mind. 

I see that you list "using Promote" as number two on your list.  That basically forces us to either agree to receive blind contacts that we will have to pay for, or the "option" of not using Promote, which will send our profiles to the bottom.  I know, because I have excellent profile quality, excellent responsiveness, and excellent reviews, and plenty of them.  Yet I am lost, appearing after five, six, seven pages for my specific geographic area and for my specific areas of expertise.  I was told by a Thumbtack representative at your event that if I wanted to improve my listing, I should use Promote.  This feels like extortion.  No, I will not give you blanket permission to charge me everytime someone emails me to ask if I do wedding photography (I don't do weddings!) for three days from now (what??) for $250, including album (are you crazy??).  These details are what I often see listed in Jobs listings.  To allow you to charge me without my having the slightest control, anytime someone chooses to reach out to me?  No, thanks!
rdansmit
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumtack worked great before. But all the changes this year it is now no longer working. Beed to go back to the original way if the last few years.