Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
Lazza6276
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
It's good concept if they woukdnt charge you!!! I just saw i had a charge in my bank account and when I checked it, it was because someone wanted to connect. I didnt even send a message back because it was something I had to pass on! I look at numerous quotes and if I am unavailable or its not what i want to quote on, then i pass it. I shouldnt get charged before even responding! I turned off my promote option.

Solved! Jump to solution

@cjk

it's not that learning a new system is 'hard', it's that I'd be paying for jobs I would have absolutely no intention of ever bidding on!!

That is why I wouldn't use Promote.  I utilize TT for part time work, right now I'm booked out thru december, not just from TT, but from other sources as well. There's no way I'd have Promote activated and have TT burning the numbers off my credit card.  It simply makes no sense to be using an automatic system that wouldn't benefit me 

DJStevie
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

@AutumnElectric@Meckell

I can't believe what @cjk wrote and tagged all of us in, in many replies. So many replies, and they are all in different versions, but about the same. Saying pros will be at the bottom of the list sent to customers, unless we use Promote!!!! That is idiotic as I need to see what the quote is before my automatic quote is sent. And to be charged after a generic reply is sent to us.

@cjk@MeckellHow about charging us after we had time to review  AND replying to customer!!! But I get it how Thumbtack wants to make the almighty dollar, one customer sends 20 generic replies, and every one of those 20 pros get charged. Doesn't anyone at Thumbtack care about the loyal pros? Or are we just being pacified, which I feel that we are?

Highlighted
ReeseTee
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been with TT since 2013, 350+ new hires, 220+ reviews. Made Top Pro a few times.

This is so sad: Thumbtack corporate just does not "get it".  We, the community of Pro's are your customers.  Instead of worrying about what the job-posters want, corporate should be worrying about what the people who are paying to bid, want.

Many pro's provide a quality, professional, high-end service. Questions need to be asked before prices are quoted. Instead of fueling this instant gratification concept, Thumbtack should be educating job-posters that professionals want details. 

"Failure to plan ahead on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"  That was a popular sign in auto-repair shops around the country.  Many Pro's in different trades are booked, and simply can not do short notice or same day jobs.

I do not plan on experimenting with the "Promoted" plan.  I just can not envision most TT-pro's willing to gamble and try that. 

I wonder how long it will take TT corporate to realize that "Promoted" will not fly?  I wonder what will be next?

The community of Pro's wants to partner with corporate so that both are successful. However, just about every policy change over the last 18 months has antagonized the Pro community. Pro's are not happy, they are spending less with TT, and diverting their advertising dollars elsewhere.  This latest rollout, the "Promoted" plan, simply perpetuates the concept that corporate really does not care.  Say what you want, actions speak louder than words.

Once again: I suggest that for the next year, the salaried executives in San Francisco and Salt Lake, spend one day a week, riding shotgun with local Pro's as unpaid helpers, so that you can see first hand how hard we work, and the challenges we face. 

I am the administrator for an unofficial Facebook group of Thumbtack Pro's.  The game plan for most of us: Pray that TT executives come to their senses. In the meantime, work hard at sourcing business from other places. 

Again:  In My Opinion: TT-Pro's want to partner with TT-corporate so that BOTH are successful. This latest plan, "PROMOTED" is not the path to that goal. 

Reese T. Nov 20, 2018

Solved! Jump to solution
I don't know about any one else but I DO know for certain, I had a ton more business before with the old format & my prices haven't increased. I think TT should seriously consider going back to the old format. It benefited the Pros so much more!
At the end of the day, what is TT without it's Pros?

Solved! Jump to solution
I will NEVER again use the Promote or Instant match option... I think it may be time to move on & find a better suited service
christya
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I was disappointed when the system changed. I didn't get any requests for a quote for months and months. As I had previously made about 30% of my income from requests I got from Thumbtack. I am not totally satisfied with the programs. Firstly, I think the best way rather than taking a fee once we start communication with a potential client, is to set it up where the client has to go through thumbtack totally for any communication as it is now, only, you take your fees from event, once a price has been agreed upon between myself and my client. I think that charging us just to talk to a potential customer isn't fair. There are a lot of quotes that people turn down, only we are charged a fee even though they don't sign up with us for the event. i think once a client agrees to the fee, there should be an option on the quote where either myself or the client pays the fee for thumbtack. It's like using a Square to receive money, i can put in that I will pay or the client will. That way, you always get your fee, whether it is from client or myself.

Solved! Jump to solution

Very curious to know whether we get charged when we reply to decline a job where they reach out first. I haven't seen a charge for just receiving their contact, but I didn't want to get charged for a job I knew I couldn't do, so I just didn't reply. I don't like this approach, but I have not see any confirmation about "no charge-no thank you-replies." I did see that we are encouraged to reply with a no thank you, and if it is true that we are not charged for this type of reply, I would also like to see how much detail we can include without being charged - am I limited to just saying "sorry" or "no" or "no thank you" or am I able to explain why this isn't a good fit for me?

KSV4U
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Having no control over who contacts me is not good for my business. I prefer to choose the leads that I quote. Our pricing is very specific and dependent on many factors.

I think that Thumbtack attempts to make changes that are benificial for pros in a group of niches that don't work for services like ours. When I started working with Thumbtack I was getting a good deal of consistent work  without spending a lot of money on leads. As Thumbtack evolves away from the needs of pros who offer creative services (Videography, Photography ect.) I have gotten less and less work and spent more than with the previous format.

I am hesitant sending quotes and receiving preset replies created by Thumbtack like "OK where can I find samples" Well I sent a link to our samples with the original quote. I don't get the job and Thumbtack charges between $27 and $45 as opposed to $6.68 for the same lead in the old format.

Now comes the search engine where a customer may be sending responses to 5 orpossibly more pros (depending on Thumbtack limits) interested in seeing if each is a fit for them not to speak of also going to Gigmasters, Gigsalad, Freelance.com and Bark simultaneously. This only benifits Thumbtack in that they get more fees from more pros and Pros odds of being hired are diminished greatly.

With our service, price is considered first by our leads. Samples are next and reviews rarely or not as importantly considered.

I don't want to be on a search engine where I have no control and where my advertising budget is determined by Thumbtack.

I would prefer a format where we are sent leads and we decide whether to quote or not. I would rather pay Thumbtack a commision for each hire than to spend $75 in a week's time with nothing to show for the investment. Thank you for reading.

evildoer
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

The entire revamped Thumbtack is more confusing than the IRS code book.

PLEASE START OVER....PLEASE

Before someone else DOES,