results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I got charged twice this week for a generic reply from a customer. John on Chat a little while ago told me that Thumbtack saw a match between customers and myself and therefore charged me for their generic replies, and that no refund will be given because they "replied"

MaggieWagner
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Yeah that happened to me too
MaggieWagner
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I don’t think there really is anything they can do. Except go on the honor system
MaggieWagner
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I love this new idea. I always thought this was a much better way to work the app.
MaggieWagner
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The only question I have is that : I’ve been contacted by many people who do not follow up .. then I am charged for that contact. So it’s a little disheartening
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Glad to hear you're excited about it @MaggieWagner

Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks so much @MaggieWagnerWe love hearing that Thumbtack is working for our pros! Telling us what you like lets us know when we’re on the right track. Anytime you have feedback, let us know. We want to hear what you think when things are going well, when they’re not, and everything in between. Thanks to these pros who also mentioned they like this update!

@xacto619 @JSGDS @redfoxdinners @Pellisconstruct @JohnHughesGolf @71141v @TK520789441346 @Spweld @Kmossphoto @Entrepreneur85 @elmorg @Wah-Heed @mollyjj @Plumboligy @QuickDraw @johnnyrocks67 @Tom @Mdempsey @AAArchitect @Vleathers @adouglass

Mcaskey
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Cow and Moose Sewing.
I dislike the new system. As a small business owner I can't afford to use Thumbtack everyday as I did in the past. The fees are killing me. I have even started looking for other avenues to market myself. As, someone stated here I am a personable quoter. I like to respond to my customers needs and work pricing according to their needs. I can not have a set standard of price. Every customer is different. I am deeply saddened at the greediness of Thumtack in the last year. I can not see this new system will be any better. Sounds like it will cost more than your already charging. I miss the old way.
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for sending your feedback, @Mcaskey! I’m sorry to hear that Thumbtack isn’t working for you. First things first, we want your business to succeed, whether that's on Thumbtack or elsewhere. But if there’s one thing we’d want you to know, it’s that building a reliable product that helps small business owners find success lies at the center of everything we do. Our goal has always been to help you meet the right customers so you can grow your business. Partnering with you is critically important to our success. We only succeed if we succeed together.

We know we don’t always get it right — and we try to be as quick as we can to fix mistakes. If you ultimately decide that Thumbtack isn’t working for your business, we’ll be sad to see you go. We hope you check back in with us to see what we’ve built. And if you choose to give us another chance, we’d love to continue our partnership.

Thanks to these pros for posting as well! I'm sorry you're frustrated with Thumbtack, but we hope that we can continue to improve so that the system will work for you again!

@DJStevie @DJChuckBoogie @Fastef @incognitii @Shuddrbug1 @Knightmagic @hannahhunt @ToonGuy @JenniferMorrow @Kwestman @DCFGCatering @MYteddydog1 @DPKK @DariusFre @bonnie_bill @Mcaskey @Smuhammad32 @NYC-Officiant @rdansmit @tlk32 @SocalFitSteve @regina3255 @Jamone @ReeseTee @mjacklin @Tony1981 @lollipopainting @ASH @SDawson @SillyCar @Tigerwebster @Louie @Heathergrooms @DesertMemories @WGACSC @koti0007 @NikH @Diceofseven @Chef2018 @eccrumb @reelcello @brad0321 @CoachBob @halinphilly @FestiveFunktion @LisaW @sputinc @tloomis @Smoore @DennisG @Rusty @Beth @shreksplumbings @ddsmachinequilt @Dvoights @perlavisionphot @elenaushina @Mary6 @KitKat @lukasgenin9 @HSB7 @Dean

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@cjk, @Meckell, @Hankster@Kameron

Why am I being tagged in many of your replies? You have yet to answer any of my issues, concerns, comments, private messages, etc? I feel that all of your replies in the forum are just pacifying me and the other loyal pros as well.. I told @Meckell how I feel about being sent links, etc. I'm not going to re-hash that here. So tagging me in a post with providing links, isn't going to work with me. But I will say this, Promote isn't going to work. Many pros today are posting and commenting about that new format that Thumbtack is pushing. We as pros need to see the cost of a lead BEFORE it is sent to a customer!!! Why is that so hard to understand? So what you are saying is that a customer can send generic replies to 20 customers, and we all get charged? And telling us that a generic reply means a customer is TRULY interested in a pro's service? That's not true! They are just searching. If a pro replies to a customer's generic reply, then I can see a charge, but not before. WE(pros) need to see how much a lead is going to cost so we can manage our own budget, and not let Thumbtack manage it for us.

If this gets deleted, so be it. but I did provide a solution in the reply.