Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: High Demand Banner/Great Value

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi there @OnTheMove. There a few things that determine where you rank; Having your pricing set up, Reviews, Responsiveness, Profile, and turning on Promote. This article here goes more into depth about ranking, check it out and let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
gloriaj0
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I was enticed into joining this board with a promise that one of us would win $250 worth of credit for the best response/ideas.  I joined and posted a response with two positive suggestions to help increase Thumbtack and my revenue.  I haven't heard a peep from TT about who was awarded the credits and what their ideas were.  

@Meckell wrote:

Hi there @OnTheMove. There a few things that determine where you rank; Having your pricing set up, Reviews, Responsiveness, Profile, and turning on Promote. This article here goes more into depth about ranking, check it out and let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @gloriaj0 we'll be announcing the winner sometime this week, thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos
gloriaj0
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know when the winner will be announced.  I will toot my own horn.  My idea of a dutch auction, where the price lowers until five responses are sent, is a winner.  TT gets more revenue, pro gets more opportunites with their marketing dollars and customer gets more responses.  Win-Win-Win.

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks to all you pros for sharing your ideas! You know your business best, which is why we want to hear what’s on your mind. Here are a few of the great ideas we’ve heard from you:

• Clarify how much a lead will cost while promoting your services (thanks @TimWilliams!)
  • Provide more videos from Thumbtack on how the new experience works (thanks @Barbara!)
  • Improve the search results matching algorithm to better match customers with the right pros (thanks @Jbea and @IMMAPhotography!)
  • Get more information from customers to ensure they actually intend to hire a pro, like adding a phone number or filling out a profile (thanks @DJStevie@ashtree@TK520789441346!)
  • Ask for more details from customers about their job upfront in quote form to ensure customers get better matches and only see pros in search results who can really do the job (thanks @QueenC@FauxNouveau@CMF!)
  • Ask customers why they did or didn’t hire a pro (thanks @TGJ!)

I’m taking these back to my team and we’ll use your feedback and ideas to keep improving search results! Stay tuned for future updates - we’ll let you know as improvements come out!

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@cjk@Meckell@Hankster@Kameron

Really? Taking all of the feedback to your team to improve Thumbtack? What proof can you share with your loyal pros that you are doing this? With all the anger and upsets in recent weeks, I think that we as pros need some kind of proof that you are on our side, not just pacifying us.

Sorry, it's the way that I feel and hope that other pros feel the same way.

By the way, why tag me and not reply to ANY/ALL of my comments,post, concerns, issues? Forgive me, it's not meant to be a violation of the guidelines as I have to be careful what I say or this comment will be deleted, but not responding to me is being rude and making me feel that Thumbtack doesn't care about me being one of their pros. I thought that we were supposed to be on the same page, but I guess not. No solutions were provided in any of your comments to any pros, just statements saying how Promote will work, just give it a try. Well, I gave it a try, but it's not working, not only for me, but many other pros as well. I need to see the cost of a lead before ANY quote gets sent out. Not be surprised by finding out in payments after a generic reply.

Oh, if you are bringing anything to your team, perhaps you should tell them that pros shouldn't be charged until after we reply to a customer, whether it be generic quote or hand written message. Not be charged with generic replies.. That is absurd.

And please no more sending me videos, and links, whether it be in a tag or otherwise. I've been in DJ business for 29 years and been very successful, I don't need to be shown any "how to" videos. I've expressed this concern with @Meckell last week via phone as well as Maddi via phone, too. I just want reps WHO wants to take care of any pro concerns, issues, etc. NOT be pacified, because pacifying me is just making me more upset and feeling belittled.

Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

@cjkI see I got tagged for this issue as being solved yet my suggestion doesn't seem to be one that was included. Also some of my post was edited by @Kameron even though it was constructive. If you are going to tag me on this at least have the courtesy to tell me what suggestion of mine was used. How about using this as a conversation starter in the DJ category? Really this is the only conversation starter that is needed in my opinion. 

• I've read your profile & reviews. I really like what I see. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss my event. My phone number is_________. My e-mail address is___________. (** my comments ** ...During the phone call, video chat or e-mail exchange any questions about my availability, play lists, setup, breakdown, cost for lighting equipment, etc. would ALL be covered during our conversation).

Who heads up the DJ category now? It used to be Aanchal.

CSUSA
Level 6

Search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Sad to say but this Promote program sounds eerily similar to the 6 or 7 emails I get everyday promising 'first page search engine results'.

0 Kudos
TackMaster LVphotog
TackMaster

No longer able to send messages without being contacted first

Solved! Jump to solution
So I just noticed that we are no longer able to contact potential clients before they contact us. I am literally about to cry. It is severely hurting my success rate as I was just looking into why my inquiries have suddenly stopped cold. How can we stand out for our services if we can’t communicate to obtain the clients and convince them of our worth. That is what marketing is. Please save all of our time and don’t respond with how you can update your profile- because it’s limited to so many characters, NO ONE READS it anyhow, and things I send to clients don’t need to be advertised for every other client or photographer to see. Anyone who runs a business knows this. I am unable to reach out to quotes where it would be a perfect fit or the travel fee wouldn’t apply because I happen to be in the area that day or the pricing would be different because they want extended family photos on top of their session (higher price) or it’s outside of my usual business hours but since it’s a holiday or an event is happening at their ideal location the time needs to be changed. I have been using Thumbtack for over a year establishing my new business and it has become a constant stress with all of the changes- Just went you start to figure things out and gain some momentum, it gets changed.
Highlighted
TackMaster LVphotog
TackMaster

Re: No longer able to send messages without being contacted first

Solved! Jump to solution
Also, to add to the main post, I am not willing to lower my prices just to stand out. There are many times where a client wants something easy out of my ordinary packages and the price would end up being much lower than a full session. I am unable now to communicate any of this with them. There are so many photographers with so many systems of operating their business and clients need to be educated to understand what you can offer for them-every single session is different- and we aren’t allowed to communicate any of that with them. Please respond with good advice or information besides the update your profile, etc., -nobody reads. Also informing us of these changes would be great in advance. The emails I have gotten are very vague and again nobody reads.