Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
hannahhunt
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Agreed. Thumbtack is:

1. overcharging

2. spending more time on convincing us this is a good idea than trying to work with us

3. deleting our posts when they can't prove us wrong or we threated to leave

4. refusing to do what everyone wants, which is just go back to the original system.

HONESTLY, if Thumbtack wants to get rid of false leads, they should consider charging the customer a negligible fee. If the customer puts in a credit card, even just for a dollar, they are willing to put in the necessary work.

0 Kudos
Jamone
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I see what you mean about being deleted.
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@cjk@Hankster@Meckell@Kameron

What are you not understanding? This new format isn't working for me, for the majority of the pros, not just @Mcaskey

If we don't use Promote, we will be on the bottom of the search results, true? So if we as pros are going to use Promote, why not charge the pros after we reply to a generic reply, and see who is a great fit for us, not Thumbtack deciding that. I know you will say that Thumbtack knows who is a good fit because of the needs, etc that are filled out, but as a DJ pro, I need to see for myself who the customer is, and in my business every customer has different needs because of finances, family situations, etc.

I find myself being tagged in many of your replies, so please, unless you have answers/solutions to all of my concerns, comments, etc, please don't tag me anymore, and please do not send me any more links. I have expressed how I feel about being sent links to @Meckell last week.

Highlighted
LisaW
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I share many of the same thoughts/feeling as my fellow pros regarding the new system.  I'd love for Thumbtack to work for me; I'm not at all sure it will unless it changes. For example, a potential client contacted me, I responded right away, then nothing. I paid the (now, so much higher) fee for nothing. That's not sustainable for me!

Even beyond that, Thumbtack has made so many changes lately, I'm just confused as to how it works and how fees work. I think many of us would appreciate a short simple flowchart or video or ? explaining this.

I hope clarity and changes for the better are coming.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@LisaW many of @cjk's responses include some explanation on how things will work along with some links to videos and help pages. The main two I'd recommend are on Search Results and this super quick course how Promote works whether it's on or off.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron

Things are NOT working well! Why can't Thumbtack see that? Can't you reps see how many pros are upset and angered by this new format, and all we are receiving are just reps pacifying us. Things HAVE to change! Instead of trying to make pros happy with words, why not listen to us, and HELP us! Promote is not working for me. I've expressed that to @Meckell via phone last week. And if I turn it off, I'll be put at the bottom of the searches, true? So I have to use the new system, get charged for generic replies without viewing the customer profile and seeing if customer is a good fit for me. I WANT to see the quote before it gets sent so I can manage my budget, not have Thumbtack do that.

0 Kudos
Smuhammad32
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Another disaster. Why would you charge the Pro when a customer contacts them? What if they weren't a good fit? I've had customers contact me for a menu and charged 30.00 even though I've never heard back from them. How do we know that these contacts are legit and not thumbtack? I dont like your new system and have moved on to other referral companies that works on their Pros behalf. I've spent thousands with thumbtack and wont spend another dime until you credit my account back and go back to the original system.
hannahhunt
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Agreed. Thumbtack is overcharging, spending more time on convincing us this is a good idea than trying to work with us, deleting our posts when they can't prove us wrong or we threaten to leave, and refusing to do what everyone wants, which is just go back to the original system.

HONESTLY, if Thumbtack wants to get rid of false leads, they should consider charging the customer a negligible fee. If the customer puts in a credit card, even just for a dollar, they are willing to put in the necessary work.

rpm902
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with most of the comments that other people are making. If you look back at the times I have been hired and it’s all on the old system mostly. I preferred the old way where I can view what the customer needs and determine if I like to bet on It. I think I am getting requests now that are not a Quality leader.
Keith
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack keeps changing their ways to run things. Now they go back to copy the way the other sites run.

It is a simple search and contact, instead of jumping through all the loops.