results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Why do you hide the last names of customers that we reach out to manually, but you show us the last name of a customer that reaches out to us (off Promote) when we decline the job?  This seems backwards.  It says "You declined this job so we introduced other pros to John Smith" in any Archived job that you declined.

Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Re: Full Names

Solved! Jump to solution

@StoriesUpSTL Customers can still reach out to pros who aren't promoting their business. Because they reach out to you directly that means they're interested in working with you, and therefore, we show you the info that they decide to list. That includes anything from their phone number to their last name. When jobs come in through the Jobs tab, we only show the first name and last initial. If that customer responds to you, that's when their last name will be shown. 

0 Kudos
Al9226
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
Appearing and search is great, but the way Thumbtack. works with my Pressure washing Business, I have no idea what the customer wants cleaned therefore I have to pass on 99% of the requests that come over.

Solved! Jump to solution
It sounds like a great idea. Our biggest concern is since most of the leads are way over priced we are scared to death to see how much you will charge us per customer contact. I think we will sit this one out untill we see what other companies are saying and how much you will charge or over charge. If it is too much then we'll go somewhere else if the prices are fair then we will continue to use you guys.
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks @ElmerLoudenbac! You and many other pros have expressed frustration about our pricing. A couple weeks ago, we hosted a Q&A in the community about pricing. Check out the summary of the Q&A to see our Product Manager, Vinamrata, answering questions and collecting feedback about how we charge you for leads. We know this is a really important topic for all of you since it affects your bottom line, and we're doing our best to get it right still. Thanks for all your input and keep it coming!

These pros have voiced similar concerns about pricing, so thanks to all of you as well!

@DJChuckBoogie @Fastef @Crystal2468 @Ljackson9x25 @another_one @ALLSteve @Shuddrbug1 @Knightmagic @hannahhunt @ToonGuy @Autumndean @sjarrett @Faaz99 @AutumnElectric @MYteddydog1 @best2you @Bosco @jeffsnbama @redfoxdinners @DariusFre @bonnie_bill @Mcaskey @NathanB87 @Bryant @jpmcdunn @jonwid @rdansmit @scottds @Taurus_DJs @C2C @NspectorJeff @LakeErieLimo @alisajeaniepete @CMF @SocalFitSteve @ElmerLoudenbac @regina3255 @gloriaj0 @Wy @CSUSA @thumbtack77 @mmyang99 @mjacklin @Tony1981 @carlarhea @lollipopainting @MitsRia @dbdesign @71141v @Joybonner @sombat2 @OutlookJonathan @FoM @SDawson @TK520789441346 @WBTF365 @Beez @Burgstahler @SillyCar @Tigerwebster @aubergine @nutrinancy @northpolesanta @carpentryman @Heathergrooms @CHRFRE @doriska @Shon-C @Mizzterria05 @DesertMemories @Aherbel @CanadA9457 @elmorg @kimkotary

0 Kudos
bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

That is a lot of Pros voicing concerns!

Jbea
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Not sure where to start.  I am a travel agent and most of us cover the entire United States

1st There are so many travel agents on board that if we are not on the first page, most "clients" will never get to the end of the list, so I am not a fan of the idea that they have to contact us from our profile as the only means of connecting.  I prefer to review requests in the old way, but I would like more clarity in the information provided.  Most of the reqests that come in don't have a destination or dates, so there is no point in me paying to introduce myself to someone who I doesn't know what they want.  If there is no date or destination provided, the request should be considered incomplete and not be able to be submitted.

2nd  If you are going to have clients search for a Pro match, you need to have a detailed matching system where both the pros and the clients have to check many boxes to clarify their request, then show the ones that match. Even then you are going to have dozens of matches. I realize that travel may be more complex than other businessess and with a national customer base, but I probably get 30+ emails a day from Thumbtack, and very few are for anything I would be interested in. I often read them just for entertainment, as they are so unrealistic. I also often never read them because the odds are low that I would be interested.

3rd  I would like you to change the language on the requests from "book travel" to "book transporation" as I assume that is what you mean.  

4th  I don't do domestic air only and many of the requests are for domestic air. BTW, there is no commission on air and most folks are looking for something cheaper than they are finding online, so will not be willing to pay a fee for service. I think you should take domestic air only off the list as very few, if any, travel agents would be interested in booking air only for no fee. If you want to leave it on, only match agents that check a "domestic air only box".  Again, that would narrow it down to one or two (IMHO) who want to try to sell a fee and save the rest of us a lot of time clicking and reading those emails.

5th Maybe you need a few paragraphs explianing what travel agents do, and that most have a "niche" that they specialize in, what kind of information and lead time they need and some mention that budgets need to be realistic.

I think your concept is interesting, but for travel agents, we need much more information than is provided and even then, would not be able to quote, only get in touch to get more information. Maybe our segment could have a different system, where we can respond to "requests" and not be charged unless they contact us back. 

DJStevie
Level 11

Solved! Jump to solution
Well said! I know what you mean about the auto responses. I get charged even before I even look at their profile. I'm not given a chance to accept/decline, but all I was told today was "you were charged because customer was interested " they REFUSE to refund me. Things have to change for us pros, we are TT customers as we pay for the service.
WBTF365
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Why not charge a 1% fee for a customer contacting a pro then a 5% fee to the pro that gets hired?  That seems fair. That gives you 6% of a job for just hosting a website that makes connections between professionals who do the work and those seeking that talent or ability.  And while we are at it, since I came up with this brilliant idea, you should give me all my connections for free the next 5 years.  You are welcome