Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
CelikPI
Level 2

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi, I find all the systems you have implemented this far to not make any sense. The pricing is hard to follow, the information customers include in their requests is insufficient to make an informed decision on whether I want to respond, etc. Now you mention I will be included in search results and only pay if a customer contacts me? What if I don’t want that particular case or business from that customer at that time? I don’t want to pay for being contacted, that is ridiculous. I should only pay if and when I decide to apply for and accept a project. Period. I don’t know why this company has such a hard time to come up with a simple business model. Charge people when they are hired. Period.
CSUSA
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Well said! We don't mind paying TT,  for submitting a quote, on a customer request that we have reviewed and deemed suitable. (The old system). Notice TT seems to only be replying to positive feedback here? What's up with this??

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution
Yeah, I'm thinking same thing. The majority responses are negative. Guess they don't want to help us. I did have private message with a rep earlier, but to no avail.
0 Kudos
tloomis
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I feel the same, i should only pay if i get the job, not just to receive more info on the job...the information that is given for the job..is too vague..never enough info..so a lot of the time i pass on the job..for not having more info..I shouldn't have to pay for that at all..and still not get the job..
0 Kudos
TGJ
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hey, i’m James with The Georgia JunkMan. I just started using Thumbtack and not sure what to thing of it yet. I have one concern (outside of feeling that the price charged for some leads are ridiculous) and one question.

Recently I was contacted by a couple potential customers that were asking for an estimate. I like the idea of leads being able to find me, however, my issue is that I was going to get charged immediately just for replying. This does not add up to me. When I view leads, my first response is typically questions concerning the job to get the whole picture of what they need to have done. If I get charged just for responding, then I would have to increase my pricing to a point where I would no longer be competitive. I don’t mind paying your prices for quality leads, but in my experience, less than 10% of the jobs I look at actually have enough info for me to give an estimate. It would be nice if you can make it to where more fields have to be required before it’s submitted. For example, maybe leads must be required to add photos and give a written description of everything they need done.

My question is:
If a lead searches and finds my profile and sends a request for me to give an estimate, am I the only contractor they can submit their job to until they accept/reject my estimate? Or, can they submit it to multiple contractors at the same time?

If it is the latter, that would make me even more concerned about being charged just for responding to a message.
Shaung
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

They should go back to where you paid for so X amount of credits and only 5 pro's could bid on it. I got way more business that way. Now it's all what TT can make off of us. I have a friend who did the insta match and she got charged tons and did not even know what she was getting charged for? What they are doing is kind of forcing us to do insta match, but calling it something else. They should also somehow educate customers on what the going rate is for services ie $250 to photograph a 6 hour wedding with editing. Really?  However sometimes I'll get a diaomond in the ruff, but those are far a few between. That is the only reason I still look. Look is the key word. Now it seems we can't even look anymore with there new system. More money for there 830 million dollar networth company. Stick it to the little guy.

1jc
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I would also like to view my clients needs before I send a quoate.  I don't like the fact that I will be sent people who may not fit into my business and hence be charged.  I also don't like that our fee's are out there in the open.  Sometimes my fee's differ.  I like the old system.  

koti0007
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Chris, 

I used to love Thumbtack for video production leads but it's completely worthless to me as a video production professional now because there are no budgets included. I'm sure this works well for other industries but for me, paying Thumbtack's fees for what could be a lead that doesn't understand how much video production costs doesn't make good fiscal sense. I would go broke before I found a legitimate lead, and then it may not even close. I'm hoping this hits home with some other people because I made it all the way to being a Thumbtack Top Pro and then with the changes I haven't touched it in months. This means customers are missing out on my services and I'm missing out on their business so no one is winning. I hope Thumbtack can come back to being a viable service for video pros but until that happens we are taking our marketing budgets elsewhere, unfortunately. 

-Craig

CSUSA
Level 6

UPDATE-Top 5 on TT Community 'Leaderboard' (11/9/2018), all Negative!

Solved! Jump to solution

UPDATE-Top 5 on TT Community 'Leaderboard' ( as of 11/9/2018) have posted all negative opinions about the recent changes TT has made and these posts have over 200 Kudos.

Almost all of these negative posts have offered accurate, astute, valid criticisms, opinions and suggestions with almost ZERO response back from anyone at Thumbtack. It appears that TT responses are almost exclusively to Pro's posting positive comments.

This is not only 'not cool' but the optics of it, for those of us that have been with Thumbtack for many years, are poor, at best. Just sayin'..... and once again, I will ask everyone, anyone, at Thumbtack to explain why this is?

btw- we need more than the 'we appreciate your feedback and will present your comments to our team.....' because many of us have been offering feedback and valid suggestions that are never implemented, nor followed up on. End of sermon.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I really don't know how to say this without embarrassing everything that you guys do. This is a relevant to everything in these forms in the discussions people were talking about. This should be in search results. As it was before when it worked that should not have costed anything nor should it be brought up. it is ridiculous that it is not if that's what you're telling us. Now, paying a fee to contact or talk to a potential client or customer is still not working. You should only take money if a pro tired. Simple as that period or based on demographic, profession and demand for a particular service you guys need to figure out a monthly charge. Then you wouldn't have this big hassle and asking all of us pros what the hell you should do. Get with it! Stop trying so hard. Fire some people if you need to. just get it to an affordable rate with unlimited access an unlimited quotes as well as at the top or close to optimize search engine suggestions. Then you will be successful in the all the pros will be happy
0 Kudos