Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Mizzterria05
Level 3

Re: not getting the right requests

Solved! Jump to solution

I thought it was just me, but I have been on here for 3 years and I promise you I see the same names spelled the same exact way and when I have paid to quote they never reply back. I can gaurantee you they are and have been sending out fake leads just so we will pay and that is not right. 

brad0321
Level 2

Re: not getting the right requests

Solved! Jump to solution

Like it says on the back of all currency "IN GOD WE TRUST" I do not trust Thumbtack to do the right thing. I havn't recieved a good producing lead for some time now. 

what thumbtack is doing is like me walking down the street with my  cammera taking pictures of  people on the street then tell them they have to pay me for it. Or the lawn service guys mowing peoples yards at random then charging the home owner for their service even if they didn't want the service to start with. 

You CAN NOT just go around billing us for something that we might not even want.

trainerlisa
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Two things, please and Thank you:

1. Can we go back  to adding page numbers to the bottom of our "sent" quotes? It's extremely frustrating to have to scroll down, load more pages (load more pages, etc), until you find what you're looking for. One the available jobs, you do have page numbers...

2. Also can we go back to putting a color button to show new (viewed/status updates) on the quotes?  You can easily have 10 quotes, but with the current format  you have to (again) scroll down to find a "viewed quote", instead of being able to easily see a button (i.e. blue/orange/red?).

- Lisa

Wayray125
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
My name is Waylon. I own OFF the chain landscaping. I live in the panhandle of Florida. Me and my business took a huge hit with the hurricane. Now I have to be very careful on what I bid on because of lack of work. I have to watch my budget But, I'm not giving up. I'm 850 strong!
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing @Wayray125! Hang in there and stay strong. We at Thumbtack and other pros in the Community are cheering you on.

CanadA9457
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
When I’m betting jobs I can never give a prize because each tile cleaning job is different I think it’s wrong for you guys not to request their phone number also I get very few customers because of that they’re always blank never a phone number that’s the only way I can operate correctly and efficiently thank you Philip with Advance Carpet & Tile Cleaning
0 Kudos
trainerann
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have mentioned previously that I am a personal trainer.  I don't want to do an "instant" match.  I don't like that the new system is automatically set up to give a quote for an hour session.  Most of my clients do 30 minute sessions.  The reason I don't want to set up something automatically is because I know what availability I have in my schedule, I know, generally speaking, how far clients are willing to drive to come for a session, I know what type of demographic wants to train with me.  I want to be the person in control of who I am sending a quote to.  And, just because someone responds, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to hire you.  They may respond to several people.  I don't like the high amounts I am charged for someone responding.  I much preferred paying a flat rate to send a quote and knowing how much it would cost when I chose to send that quote.

pucksandgrub
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Chris,
I prefer to look up a customer's request before submitting my quote. My "fit" and the customers "fit" isn't always defined the same and this isn't determined until it is discussed over a conversation and subsequently I'm getting charged for a mis-fit. Although I appreciate the effort, I prefer to control my own destiny.
lsepeds
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

This may work for clearly defined jobs, but I don't think it will work for me.  I may be asked to them a pair of pants or to create and see a set of dresses for a wedding party.  There is a vast price difference tgere.  My travel range will also vary.  I don't drive ten mile to them a pair of pants, but I will go beyond the miles for a complicated job.  And hemming a pair of cotton pants is much easier than hemming a pair of silk pants.  That brings up another question.  Who decides how complicated the job is?  People who don't sew really don't know how much effort is needed to do the job.  Some things that sound simple are not, and it does sometimes work the other wsy aldi.

tlk32
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Been a "Top Pro"for the last three consecutive years. The new Thumbtack stinks, and nobody wants to listen. Thanks for the good ole days, but I'm dumping you guys!