Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Freshly
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Chris,

I would like some clarification - looks like you have now added Vegan to the cuisine choices. But what is not clear is for example if the customer is suggesting their prefered cuisine is:

Interested in the following cuisineAmerican - casual, Vegan  - what does this mean?  Are they asking for specifically American casual cusine with Vegan only? or vegan options and american casual cuisine? It is even more confusing when they list every cusiine on the list and add the Vegan as well.  Everytime I turn around, there is another change - change is good but asking customers like me specifically catering to a niche market would have saved a lot of time and effort on your part and mine.  I really appreciate if someone could respond or call me 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, @Freshly great question! I'm going to search around and get you an answer here soon. Keep an eye out for a private message from me by Monday! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

I hope you're all getting excited for the holiday weekend, I know I am!
I wanted to give everyone a huge thank you for all of the suggestions and feedback that was shared with us. You guys are all extremely passionate about your businesses and about Thumbtack and we're so happy that you're all here. Like we've done in past Q&A's, we'll be closing this conversation to keep things relevant and organized in the Community. If you have any additional feedback regarding Search Results, feel free to check out our follow up thread here and let us know what you think. 
Have a very happy and safe Thanksgiving. 

Photo-Frank
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with BRod.

1. I want to know what the client is willing to pay & what it will cost me to quote.

2. I want a prompt refund if the client picks me & then backs out & refuses to communicate.

3. While I would be happy to talk to someone who is unsure what they need, etc., I will not quote to a client who chooses the "Just need more info" option. Why should I have to pay to educate them? There should be a simple way to comment & maybe start a dialog before the formal quote.

4. I do not want quotes to be sent out in my name without my prior input & permission. There are too many factors involved to be addressed before I know if I will be able to quote a job.

thersey
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

The new "Promoted" system does not let the professional tailor the settings to promote jobs accurately and we are being charged for jobs blindly that we can not do. For example, we can't transport a full sized refrigerator without a truck liftgate or trailer. Even if we excluded having a trailor in our profiles the customer would still contact us without reading it that would generate an automatic charge. We will not use "promote" again. Will just bid on jobs that we can see prior to customers contacting us if that really is an option going forward. Looks like if we do not promote our business is finished with thumbtack if we wait to see any new jobs because you changed the system. The way you have it setup is really not treating your professionals fairly having them  pay for jobs before looking at the full details of that particular job before having to pay. You really need to to fix the way you are doing business!

Re: Questions about our Terms of Use Updates

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Lydia,
I thought I was alone in this, but whatever change you guys made seems not to be working for nearly all the pros I have interacted with. Why can’t we go back to the pay per bid, where we used to get leads and get charged for jobs we follow up on. I have got charged for leads that I would never had followed on because they are out of my category of services, when I turned off the promotion feature, I no longer get any leads. If you need to get the phone numbers off then do, but please revert to the old way, let us pick leads we would like, and let us initiate the contact with the customers. If you are worried about tracking, then do what you did before, either hide the phone numbers completely or show them only after we reply to leads, that way you can charge us, but masking numbers, then clients want to follow up later, they might think we are pranks and take their jobs to other platforms like Bark, HomeAdvisor, Wedding wire e.t.c
djblaxx
Level 6

New Promote System

Solved! Jump to solution

I am seeing a huge decline in my business. I've been reading other posts and blogs and seeing other Thumbtack Pros experiencing the same thing. This new "Promote System" is not allowing me to bid on opportunities like days past. For the most part, I along with other Pros have to wait for a customer to contact you. By that time has passed, the customer may have spoken to many Pros, time gets short, and now it is like a rushed sale.

In some cases, I am the last stop because I may have priced higher and/ or another Pros did not respond. Now I have to "save the day" and sometimes drop my prices. Whereas before, I can reach out from the beginning and sell my services and explain my value vs pricing.

The job listing that provides you with opportunities if you are a "Partial or Perfect" match is so so slim now. 

Then to add to the fire, in "Sent Quotes", I cannot respond to customers who or the system states "Customer wants to hear from you."

Overall, I need to work; Not battle with online platforms like Thumbtack. Here is an idea. If Thumbtack simply redeployed a bidding system that possibly allowed for 10 to 15 pros to bid for a job, this may not overwhelm customers who are looking for Pros. Almost like a " You snooze, you lose" type of thing.

I am getting tired of typing. Hopefully, Thumbtack hears my and your cries and makes some adjustments.

FYI. Last night I sent up my Profile on Bark.com and already received 3 gigs. Thus far, the platform has shown results like Thumbtack used to do. I've used Thumbtack primarily 90% of the time, but I have to move on. Bank of America wants their Mortgage payments on time...LOL so now I have no other choice but to find other outlets to get work.

HELP THUMBTACK...WE REALLY LIKE YOU, but you have to ride with us or we have to make choices to stay afloat.