Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
DariusFre
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

You're the lucky one out of us.

Solved! Jump to solution

@Crystal2468 I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting as much business as you were before. I want to help and see what we can do for you to see a good return on your investment. I'm more than happy to look into your profile and give you some tips. Go here to send me a private message if this is something you'd be interested in. Thanks for posting! 

0 Kudos
Crystal2468
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I can’t seem to find out how to message you
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Just go to my profile here. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to scroll all the way down to the bottom and you'll see direct message. If you're on a desktop, you'll see direct message on the right hand side of the page. 

0 Kudos
NathanB87
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
@Meckell We can build better profiles, but that does not automatically mean we get hired. Yes it helps, but Cost is still an issue, Thumbtack cannot be blaming the Pros for this... Don’t be greedy, Thumbtack, we’re down here living in the real world. Too high COA costs put us out of business. This is an issue everywhere, that’s why people initially came to Thumbtack. We’re staying because we want it to work.
Maury
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
well said
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with you! I've had success prior to the new format. Now I have to sit back and wait for a substantial reply. Very angry that I get charged for a generic reply. I'm not made of money, as TT may think we all are.  If system wasn't broke for pros, why change it? Too many pros on this thread and other threads are very upset and angry. And my contacts are down from a month ago. TT may feel they know what customers would be a match for, but they don't.

CSUSA
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Amen!

0 Kudos
Aeroduct
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Is this going to look like home advisor or any of the others tgat I don't use because you get charged for leads you don't want...please don't change!!

Solved! Jump to solution

My clients want personal and in person service within or close to their zip code area. They are not looking to sift through a list of resume writers who offer remote services across the country.  With the old system, I could respond directly to their needs and requests.  Now the burden is on them to find ME!  I have lost all control of the quote process and the ability to determine which resume job is a good fit for me.  Clients cannot see the pros location on their profile unless they scroll all the way through the material to the end. Instead of competing with "like" pros in my area, I am now competing with people who offer distinctly different services all over the country. In the last couple of months, with all these new processes, my business has declined significantly. Being able to answer specific requests with a personal response was the backbone of my business and the reason TT was such a productive and innovative tool for my clients.  All that has changed. Neither my business nor my customers are being served well here. Furthermore, I cannot access any information about what decisions the customer actually made, so my ability to tailor my services to market pricing and demand are non existent. Being able to retain the ability to respond to customer requests is the key to effective marketing and customer service.  You are not looking at this process in the right way - from ease of use by customer AND benefit of individualized response by the pro.  I feel that all of the changes have been made to benefit the corporate bottom line and have thus removed the ability of the pro to control his/her business from the equation. In addiont, I have submitted numerous written questions and requests for explanation on TT arbitray and expensive pricing as well as its forays into subjective analysis of what the value of a job is.  Never receive a response and never see any meaningful change in the process. I wish someone would listen to us, the small business pros, who were the foundation of the original TT structure.