Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
RevSydney
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

However, ACR, there are some of us vendors/Pros who thrive on last-minute requests. So this is not applicable across-the-board. 

I DO agree that customers should be more educated to understand that Pros/veendors must PAY (royally!) for each Quote theyw ish to make. A number of my booked clients are shocked to learn this. I think that making the customers aware of this would cut down on many of the capricious "fishing expeditions" without serious intent of hiring that some prospective customers indulge in.

SECO
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Say that again!
nyureyez
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

Well said, our business also echoes your concerns. Thanks for posting. 

0 Kudos
nyureyez
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

Well said, our business also echoes your concerns. Thanks for posting. 

Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

That's a great question, thanks @Dragwyr! Knowing how you appear in search results is critical to ensuring your business makes the right impression. Pros who don’t include price estimates appear the same as pros who do, they just won’t have a price estimate included with their info. Here’s an example of how it looks to customers:

Search results no price shown.png

I recommend adding price estimates, even if they’re your minimum rate or starting prices. This gives customers who might be shopping for prices the information they need before they reach out to you. By adding prices, you can stand out from other businesses appearing in search results and boost your rank.

Many other pros asked similar questions about how they are appearing in search results without a price listed. Thank you!!

@Dragwyr @RCPS @Alasha @AutumnElectric @Bryant @mina @StrangeEvents @nolaelopements @Henry @KSV4U @PhxPianoTeacher @Cpfahler @lsepeds @khmom222 @parijatajain @QueenC @SKI

View solution in original post

pfnydesigns
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree
Last night a job came in, I would not have quoted! But it tells me “ You have already paid for this “ you matched!! Reply to Joseph! Then about two hours later .., Pamela , Accept or decline .. you paid for this !! I want some kind of control over these Matches!! I want to view the job before I am matched .
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @pfnydesigns I'm happy to clarify. If you're promoting your services, we'll connect you with jobs that match your preferences and that's when you'll see that you've been matched with the customer and paid for the lead. If you want to look over the job before you're matched and charged, you'll need to turn promote off. Let me know if you have any questions, I want to make sure this works for you! 

pfnydesigns
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Then how does that work for me, say I do turn it off, Would I still get to see the job and decide if it is a good fit and Quote the job?  Or if IT IS a MATCH, would that not show up in my " jobs" list? 

Thank you

Pamela

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@pfnydesigns If promote is off and a job comes in that matches your preferences, you can look it over and decide if it's a good fit or not. You still only pay when the customer responds. We have an article that is dedicated to promoted services and will answer a lot of questions, go here to check it out. 

BKopitzke
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

So Promote is basically the old Instant Match, yes?