Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
TimWilliams
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I’m looking forward to seeing the impact this will have for all of us. My only suggestions going forward would be to  make it easier for contractors to know the cost of any particular lead. And on a personal note I wish that you would do whatever it is necessary to finally take the “pending “ from our license number on our profile. It doesn’t do me any good to have a pending license number. I’ve made several requests to resolve this but nothing happens. Going forward I think it’s better to have no license number than one that is perpetually pending.

scottds
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

yes, we should be able to know how much it is, and be able to see it as we previous had.

scottds
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I had a client reach out to me in this new way, but I didn't see how much the project was when the client reached out to me?

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@scottds I see that one of your three services is using Promote. If Promote is on you currently won't see how much the contact was when it happens. However, you can always check your Payments page for any pending or past contacts.

0 Kudos
Boomarang811
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
How do you turn promote off
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Boomarang811 Promote is something you have to set up and turn on. I looked into your account and it's not turned on for any of your services. If at any time you do turn it on and decide you want it turned off, you just need to go to your services and pause promote.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

TRUTH!!

0 Kudos
scottds
Level 5

Re: using promote

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, I know I have only one of my promotes, it's because as a freelancer I feel out budgets are tight, tighter then the client and I don't want to go into debt to pay for clients who reach out to me. 

I liked seeing how much a project is going to cost before sending off a quote. This worked a lot better for me and I had better control of what I was spending. I am sure other freelancers feel the same way

Bring back the old way

And yes I just saw by checking the payment page, but that is after the fact. I would rather know before

rdansmit
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

This new system is way to expensive. Thumbtack needs to go back to the original way or i am out.

javinha
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
The new format has already led to me all but abandoning TT. They are now in the business of quantity over quality.

I don’t know why we would ever do away with the customer submission form. Without information from the client it is impossible for me to provide a quote... And answering their initial message with clarifying questions will cost me money, often only to find out they are unqualified leads.

I think we all know that often clients come to Thumbtack to compare prices. We, as Pros, do our best to stay competitive and fair, but we are also trying to make a living. This new system will allow clients who are not serious, and often don’t have the details of the job worked out, to reach out and bait us with potential income.

As a business owner I can’t justify a budget to throw money at someone for sending me an automatic generic request for an estimate with no additional information about the clients needs.

I understand TT is also a business trying to make money, but this new system is trash. Please find a different compromise.