Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
LWJ
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m concerned because if I’m going to be paying for something, I like to have more control. I don’t have much faith in the new system, since there were still kinks in the old that needed to be worked out. For instance, Thumbtack still sends me requests that are outside of the parameters I’ve set in my account. I only have test prep, math, & reading/writing marked in my preferences, yet I receive requests for science, computer, Spanish, etc. The 1st request I received when I was automatically listed (which was done automatically without my permission) was from someone over twice as far as she said in her request that she was willing to travel, & she wasn’t open to the tutor traveling to her or online tutoring. I wouldn’t have & didn’t bid on it, & I don’t want to pay for mismatched requests like that. If it is clearly stated in the request that the client will only drive up to 25 miles, & the professional is clearly farther away than that, no request should be sent, & no money spent. Only professionals who accurately match the clients’ requests entirely should show up, especially if professionals will be charged when I potential client contacts the professional.

Solved! Jump to solution

Hmm, interesting idea.

Only downside I see right away is that the jobs will go to the person who is not currently occupied.

I work at remote jobsites where I may not have access to thumbtack for several hours, so whoever is NOT working will get first crack.

Looking forward to seeing how this works.

Dave

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Same here. I agree.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Getting charged when customers contact me is not a model that works for my business.  I think it's more fair when I'm charged when I contact them back.  Why?  Because most of the people who contact me for recording have glossed over or missed a detail in my profile  ( e.g., I don't travel to record you, you have to come to me; I don't produce hip-hop; I'm not available that one date in the next week that you've specified; I cant tell from your profile that you're a 12 year old that thinks it'd be fun to record a song and that it should only take an hour of work;  etc.).   I have fewer and fewer matches than I did when I started with Thumbtack a few years back, so I'm paying money for worthless connections.   Will probably need to terminate if they keep up this model. 

Spweld
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Ever since Thumbtack started with this new system I have not had one job I do not like this new system I like to choose my jobs and the types of jobs that are coming in the majority of the jobs have very little information for us to be able to quote we need to actually speak to the customer and get full detail of what exactly they are looking for or require or else were wasting our time and money.
Richard Echevarria

Solved! Jump to solution
So you just found another way to charge us before we get any work. I think I will be leaving thumbtack
WGACSC
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

ZZZZzzzzzzzzz........  Same old, same old.  We are not going to pay for a contact.  Period.  If you want paid Thumbtack, then get us hired.  Simple as that.  Easy to do.  We want a complete name and verified phone number or email address.  Otherwise how do I know the "contact" is real?  You are wasting development time on search results instead of verifying potential customers that we would gladly pay for.

Plumboligy
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I like the new approach because it lets the customer decide on pro’s based on profile not on price. It’s definitely more customer oriented which If a pro has been doing his job well he will stand out. I like it! I would like to know how it’s priced ?
Spweld
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I am a highly skilled welder all of my reviews are five star so I don't know what you're saying about the customer choosing a company simply by his ratings
Richard Echevarria
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Plumboligy helping customers find and choose pros based on more than just pricing was certainly something we had in mind for this.

If Promote is on you won't see how much the contact was when it happens. The contact will be immediate at a 20% discount for being more available to the customer. The weekly budget for each service will be even more important to control your weekly spending. Also, you can always check your 
Payments page for any pending or past contacts.

If Promote is off or the customer chooses tries to reach out when your preferences don't quite match, you'll see the cost to accept the contact up front.

0 Kudos