results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Knightmagic
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
That's exactly that! They can match you and the other 10 pros in your area charge them all and then 1 or none get the job and they profit. It's time they make some changes that benefit us and them.
Fastef
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I totally agree
KitKat
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I detest this new program. It’s cost me a ton with no legit leads. I will turn off promote. I used to love TT and got some nice clients this way, but no more.
Autumndean
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
This is a diversion to take our minds of the high prices we pay when a potential client answers. You need to fix whats really broken. Smoke and mirrors doesnt work for me.
Ruby
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I think instant match is when they hook you up and only pay if you reply.  This new one is that they send your profile out to more clients, but you pay for every one, whether you answer them or not.

0 Kudos
Shuddrbug1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
You asked last month for input from your Pros. Hundreds of us voiced our opinions and concerns. Not one of us were listened to.
Sadly enough, my last Thumbtack booking ( wedding photography) is tomorrow. I used TT heavily for the first 4 years, this past year has been lousy. I've stopped sending quotes altogether.
Just for kicks, I have looked at " jobs" this past week. 95% of them are only "partial matches" for my business. Then, when I actually look at a lead the cost if a client replies is often $62+ for a job that is listed at $250 or less. That is completely ludicrous!
Sorry Thumbtack, I'm done.

Solved! Jump to solution
@Meckell
But, admittedly, TT is giving preference to pros who, according to hundreds of posts, are paying TT simply to be "promoted". So the pro gets charged if, the client is only fishing, is out of their geographical area, is in an unsafe area where the pro would never venture, is out of their scope of services....because there's no way TT can specifically target every pro's services. Do everyone a favor, cut the losses, admit this is TT's Edsel and go back to the previous format.
mjacklin
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't find this to be an improvement. In fact, your new pricing structure is worse than before. At least under the old system, I could choose when to reach out to a client. Under the new system, anyone can contact me and I have to pay for the contact even if they have no intention of hiring me. I don't trust Thumbtack. I think Thumbtack sends out automatic responses for which I get charged. If that's the way the system is going to work, I'm going to cease using Thumbtack. I don't think that you heard what your customers were saying the first time that you asked for input and now you're making things worse. The first time that I get charged for a frivolous response, I'm unsubscribing.

ashtree
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

No way - am I going to allow you to pick our jobs.  If a customer doesnt provide a phone number - they get no response from us.  How do I make sure the promote button is OFF!?

Ruby
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Pro Tip

"Pros who promote their services receive an average of four times as many profile views as pros who don’t."

I don't want profile views from those that are just looking for the cheapest deal and don't read the profile.  Yes, I might be willing to do a 1-hour gig if you are within a few miles of my business.  But not if you are 150 miles away.  But I do travel that far, and even farther if they pay my quote.  So, that's just info for related to 1-hour.  The same applies to my minimum of 2 hours.  I'm listed for Middle Eastern Entertainment, because henna can be considered for such.  But unless they specify henna, they may be looking for a belly dancer, and oud player...but none of this is detailed out. 

To be honest, even in the current TT manner, about 85%-90% are leads I have no interest in for one reason or another.  It's written up in my profile, but it's a lot of reading and my edits as to how much, how many hours is pretty much useless. 

So, if the percentage of "proper" requests sent are those that look at my profile and just are shopping around or looky-loos, it would cost me what-at least $80 each week for improper requests. 

All the above is pretty much factual from my many years with TT.  Of course, if a legit henna or face paint gig comes up, I go for it.  But they are in the extreme minority-hour or less, wants 10 hours for $100....seriously!  I'm not a hobbyist or a school kid trying to make some extra cash-I'm a professional with liability insurance and professional materials and regular attendance at conventions to keep up with the new trends. 

This new method is absolutely worthless to me.  But I will keep it open, in case a minimum 2-hour event that will pay my quote for actual henna or facepainting (where it says so, not just "temporary tattoo" which can mean anything) is listed as what the client will want. 

0 Kudos