Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
karenmooney
Level 4

More filter options

Solved! Jump to solution

It would be quite helpful to my business is there were more specific options to choose from. I am a real estate photographer and I also do commercial and events, but I DO NOT do weddings. 90% of the requests I get are for weddings. If events and wedding could be separated, that would be helpful.

Also, how do I get technical help from Thumbtack? There used to be a chat option now I can't find anything. It would be nice to have back or, at least, an easier way to find help when it's not in the general help documents.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: More filter options

Solved! Jump to solution

@karenmooney I took a look into your account and there is a way to stop receiving leads for weddings. Just visit this preferences page HERE, and at the bottom under event type you can choose to turn off weddings and any others you see.

As for getting assistance, you can always reach out here and we'll help when we can. We also have multiple channels of support that you can access via this help page HERE.

0 Kudos
KSV4U
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Part of talking about it is that the moderator listens to what is being said, and not just giving pros the feeling that they are being heard. I am reading page after page of replies that are virtually sending the same message. It’s not working Thumbtack. Getting wealthy from Pros who are starving for customers and dealing with heavy competition is reminiscent of The Banks getting rich from Mortgages.

If you want resolutions here they are.

1. Stop inserting preset generic messages for customers to click that will immediately generate profit for Thumbtack
  2. Allow Pros to choose what customers they want to communicate with.
  3. Understand the needs of pros who offer totally different services. A house Painter offers different services than a Videographer. Each needs different information to offer a quote.Thumbtack thus far has been unable to empathize with either.
  4. Set up a model that is simple and clear cut and not one where the pricing is hidden and determined by Thumbtack with criteria that TT cannot clearly explain or makes up along the way.
  5. Pros cannot afford to pay large fees for no return and only because they received a one sentence message in their box.
  6. Realize that customers most often do not look at profiles and stars and badges. They look at quote amounts and affordable services that coincide with their budgets.
  7. Realize that we are not competing with only 4 other pros but we are competing with pros from possibly 4 other services, Gigmasters, GigSalad, Freelance.com, Bark, Craig’s List and others all simultaneously.
  8. If TT statements are honest and you are in business to make it easier for Pros to compete for jobs then find a way to capture customer who will commit to hiring Thumbtack pros and set clear commissions and finders fees. Borrow features from your other competing services that will fit with your TT model
  9. If your intentions are to promote pros and have a great working model with an effective team then enlist and include a committee of pros from the various and most sought after occupations that can have imput offer valuable opinions and advise.
  10. Build a Team that reflects Thumbtack and pros who will together work towards the same goals for customers to receive the highest quality and most affordable services.

If our customers are satisfied with how we delivered our services to them, In the same way your pros should be satisfied with your model and your empathy for us and by the look of this community I would say that Thumbtack is not providing satisfactory services at this time, although they are getting very wealthy and notable…….

Shuddrbug1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
@DJStevie,
I'm a photographer and have only used TT for weddings. I booked 130+ weddings with TT's old platform. I'm very saddened by all of the changes TT has gone through, and continue to go through. My frustration comes from receiving emails asking for input from all of us, and yet they don't take any of those suggestions to task. My position at this point is why should I spend money on a company that doesn't care about the long term pros that have made them successful over the years.
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Shuddrbug1

I've been here for almost a year now. I was having success here up til a couple weeks ago. Then just a few customers sending generic replies, and TT charging me for those stupid replies. These customers aren't interested, or they would have sent at least a short, written, message.

Trying to get customers to check me as "hired", and leave a review is very challenging. I've had 30+ bookings this year, and just a handful have hired and/or left a review. That's frustrating. but not as frustrating as being charged for generic replies. Now, my leads have dwindled alot.

I tried giving feedback thru email and over 2 weeks ago via phone, and the rep I spoke with avoided many of my questions. I told her that my prices vary, and I need to personable when sending out an initial quote. That was my success on TT. Rep told me I can still be personable but "put it in the profile or wait for a customer to reach out to me." Then she sends me a link on how to be a success, something that I got upset with, as I felt TT was belittling my 29 years of success. Each customer has different needs and each event that I DJ for is different too, so how do they expect me to put everything in a short profile bio, when I have more success being personable.

But you're right, they don't listen to us, nor care. They just want to make the almighty dollar. After all, we as pros, pay their paychecks, something they forget about.

Solved! Jump to solution

I love that you're working on promoting the Pro's better. However, it's not very ethical to charge for a client even though being hired is not guaranteed. It costs me so much money to pay for clients that never end up hiring me. As a Professional Organizer, my clients aren't exactly the most responsible or reliable. How is it fair for me to pay for a job I never got?

Solved! Jump to solution

so I just tried a little experiment.   A friend posted a job, looking for a Pro, which a speciality I am signed up for and within my designated geographical area.  The app notified me ASAP, however, when I saw the screenshots of the 'Pros' whom were selected by TT, it was only two. Both of whom I assume had the Promote feature on, however one was located over 100mi away and the second had no experience under the speciality that was chosen.

So, without the 'Promote' feature, I'm not going to get refered to potential customers..  Is that it??

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@AutumnElectric

I was going to try that test as well. Your test answers my question. I shut off promote because I was being more surprised at being charged than Thumbtack promoting my business. I did send a couple quotes/messages out but never heard from customers. That confirms what your test showed. Thanks for the post. Maybe Thumbtack will change back to their previous way of doing things? Or will they just avoid listening to pros?

Marioninyc
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm updating this, as I've figured more stuff out.

First, thanks to this forum I realized that I was paying for "matches" before I even saw them because of I was "promoted." I'm usually careful before I sign up for stuff. I seriously don't remember signing up to be promoted OR getting an explanation of what it meant. I couldn't figure out how to "unpromote" myself, but I finally got support to help me.  That said, the leads I was getting were awful.

I was charged for "matches" that weren't matches, and that I would have known not to respond to if I'd been able to see them. For example, I responded to someone who it turned out was looking for a teacher for a friend, only he hadn't really even talked to his friend about the plan. I could tell enough once I saw the profileIto know this probably wouldn't work out, and I probably wouldn't have wasted my money. 

Meanwhile in the regular jobs section, I'm seeing almost no jobs for ESL. Are they all going to other "promoted" people who aren't right for them? Are they going to local people even if they are remote jobs? Where did he leads go?

0 Kudos
DougLaRue
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I dont want to be chargeed when some random person contacts me.  I will accept being charged when I am hired for the project in this situation but unless the client is accountable for the way the do business. I have already voiced my opinion on paying you because someone simply contacts me and says we will talk about it later then never hear from them again. I believe we should be able to include comments about clients and ratings.  I do not like bidding on projects with little or NO info about the project included.