Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I also agree with that
0 Kudos
Rickbeau
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I'd like to see each job listed for what it really is, i.e breakfast, brunch, lunch, apps only, dinner, buffet ect ect. Instead of the generic your using wedding event.
Thank you
Rick Beaucage
0 Kudos
Rezns
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I've enjoyed working with TT for almist 5 years and some of my best clients have been through you, however lately I am getting partial matches which does not have anything to do with the services I offer! I need to know the client's exact needs in order to be able to quote them right! Also what is up with paying for clients that are interested, you contact and do not ever hear anything from them? I 've paid for interested customers that I contacted and they never responded back, or called numbers that were impossible to contact! It would be nice to have verified phone numbers and Emails!

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Rezns in regards to seeing jobs that aren't things you offer, on your Services page under Advanced Settings the "Match me with jobs outside my preferences" option was on. This is now off for you and jobs should now begin to more accurately reflect your preferences.

Rezns
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks very much for your prompt response!

JazzyJuice
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Thanks for your post Rezns. I share the same concerns. Especially being charged for ghost clients.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

So if someone contacts me about something I have no interest in (and maybe no expertise, either) I will be charged? That doesn't seem right. The current system also isn't right, because I have to pay to bid, whether the customers are really serious. Too many choke at the idea of paying someone to edit and write for them.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@writingcoachron customers will be able to find you based on what you have listed in your preferences and settings. Currently, your account isn't using Promote so if a customer were to reach out to you, you can choose to accept or decline the contact, and the cost to accept will be listed. 

If you had Promote on and a customer liked you so much to reach out even though your availability or preferences didn't quite match, then you'll still be shown the details and cost up front to accept. If the job did match your preferences with Promote on, the contact will be immediate. If a job that matched your preferences and you were charged for still wasn't a good fit for you, you may be asked for feedback as to why it wasn't the best fit and directed toward adjusting your preferences.

0 Kudos
Tony1981
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Is it fair to your pros that you charge them when the customer cancels?  Although you said they have your information and can call if they want, they never do and in the meantime we have paid for a lead that was not a lead.  Also before Thumbtack started instant quotes, you only let 5 pros contact the customers.  Now that you have instant match, you have send the information to as many as 11 pros (at least you did with me) and within the hour that customer had already chosen someone.  Why so you send so many pros the customer's information when you used only do 5?  Before it was a 1 of of 5 chance now it's a one of 11?  And you are still making bank.  Doesn't seem fair to me.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Tony1981 I can certainly understand how it can be tough when a customer cancels on you. However, Thumbtack is here to help customers and pros make that first connection. What pros pay for is the first time the customer responds, giving the pro the opportunity to showcase themselves and their work. That is a lead, and that’s what we’re here for. Hires are never guaranteed, but we hope that pros do well enough with the connections we provide to see a return on the investment.

As far as customers seeing additional pros, this new Search Results experience will give customers even more access to even more pros than before. All pros being shown will be shown for free and only charged when contacted. I’ll add that when customers are seeing a long list of pros and they reach out to you, then that really says something about your profile and the work you’ve put in to be recognized by the customer. Your Insights page is already showing some great promise in regards to the amount of views that are leading to contact.

0 Kudos