results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee CarsonP
Thumbtack Employee

Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey! I’m Carson, and I’m the Product Manager responsible for profiles.

At Thumbtack, we’re always working to help you get hired more. Using your Thumbtack profile to showcase your business and the quality service you provide is one of the best tools you have in your toolbelt.

You told us it’s important to highlight what sets your business apart, and we heard you! Here’s a glimpse at some of the upcoming features you can expect to see on your profile:

• Soon, you’ll be able to highlight past projects, link to social media, and display your past and current Top Pro status. You’ll also be able to tell customers the payment methods you accept so they know what to expect at the end of the project. These changes help customers get an even better sense of your style and what it’s like to work with you.
  • We’ll be improving the way images and reviews appear so you can be confident in what customers see when they visit your profile. Our goal is to give you the chance to put your best foot forward.
  • As we go, we’ll make improvements to how you visually display your work and tell your story on your profile. You’ll have the opportunity to customize what’s included in your service and show off your credentials and awards. Ultimately, we want your Thumbtack profile to be your go-to online identity for your business.

We’re working hard to get there. But we want to hear from you.  

What features would you like to see in your profile? And what questions do you have about the features above?

Share your thoughts and ideas below. I’m excited to hear them!

7 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks, @MikaTanaka! Using drag and drop to organize your media is a great idea. Your time is valuable, and I understand why you’d want to spend more of it impressing customers with your profile than arranging photos on it. Be on the lookout for updates here and keep sharing your ideas!

cc: @KennyGoldberg@BrianCImage@cheshiredave@jbillups@LexiAssist@IkeaPut2Gether@moonlitmedia

Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for this, @Richardson!

We understand that showing customers your availability by day is very important. It is something we are working on and plan to launch in the next six months. Keep your eyes peeled for that.

Additionally, there’s a lot of work to be done around integrating your calendar with other platforms and enabling appointment bookings through Thumbtack.  All of this is on our radar, and we’ll continue to share updates here in the Community as they become available.

Thanks so much for your feedback! Please keep it coming!

Other pros who talked about availability and calendar: @JimInDallas@Mjr@TSMB@jdrista@LEP@jonturino@aaphotopgh@tomdans@Mast234@Return2lifeMMT@clutterqueen@BisousBooth@eshtak12@GrayHouseDogs@BarryKerr@djNyceMan@BodyworkerMel@JLDesigns@The-Write-Mann@monkifoto@shaorn@MichelleK@LexiAssist@Lgidopefilms@pebowman@patty5357

Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you, @Brittany! Your Thumbtack profile is the online storefront for your business and it should display it in the best way possible. We’re always looking for ways to accomplish that. We understand that sometimes, adding examples of your work means something different than sharing photos — whether it’s sharing PDFs, brochures, documents, menus, audio files, or playlists. Keep your eyes peeled for future updates as we roll this out for different categories, and keep sharing your ideas. We’re always listening, and this Community is the best place to keep the conversation going.

@asweetlifetx@LesliePalme@PatWard@clamon1@HansenJC@maryleeanddean@The-Write-Mann@JeannineV2P@dcrooner@Annmarkk@asilva1964@sofibela@Jolli@tvk5195 - adding you all here since you all had similar suggestions!

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for your post, @LisaWatsonVoice!

We’re always working to find the best ways for your profile to support videos of your work. We want to make sure we get it right — so look out for changes to improve video support on Thumbtack soon.

Additionally, we’re exploring ways to use video introductions in a number of categories on Thumbtack. We want to make sure we provide the tools for pros to build high quality videos that help them get hired, so we’re testing in pilots before we launch anything. Stay tuned; we'll have more updates on this soon!

Other pros who asked about video: @Godwin@djNyceMan@shemesh511@JennDemby@DavideSpeaks@endentured@Wah-Heed@Allpurpose@SelbyFilms@cheshiredave@CAID@Carpet18@DOC@vaughn@Drewdus42

Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for this idea, @Realtor_Ed!

We know that reviews go a long way in showing customers what it’s like to work with you.

We're excited to announce that all pros can now import up to 10 reviews from Facebook to your Thumbtack profile! To learn more about importing Facebook reviews, read our article Get reviews in the Help Center.

Soon, you’ll be able to import Google reviews to your Thumbtack profile as well. This will help you get a good start on Thumbtack and build a strong profile that stands on its own. We’ll let you know when this is available, too.

More work is being done on this front, so please stay tuned.  We’ll share updates here in the Community.

Other pros who posted about importing reviews: @spanish55, @KennyGoldberg@WacoUAS@maryleeanddean@nmmorales88226, @DaveAllen@Kriscynthia@edwoodac - thank you all!

Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for your post, @AndyN!

We’re currently working on better ways to sort reviews so when customers read your reviews, they see the ones that relate to their project first. This will help them get a sense of the experience you provide both in general and as it relates to the project they’re looking to hire for.

Stay tuned for more on this soon.  And thanks again!

Thanks to the other pros who posted about sorting reviews, too! @Coachruch@TylerVarnell@JLDesigns@sr-ca-ttmember

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@cpr4everybody43, thanks for this post! 

Your credentials say a lot about your business and help customers decide who to hire. Soon, you’ll be able to display the degrees, certifications, and other awards you’ve worked hard to earn, in addition to your license and background check information.  Maybe one day we’ll add insurance here, too. Overall, we want customers to get a full sense of your background and what you can do.

We’re also testing new ways to verify businesses on Thumbtack. Our goal is to increase customers’ confidence in the pros they meet while also giving you more ways to stand out. So please stay tuned!  We'll keep sharing updates here in the Community.

Adding other pros who also posted about credentials: @eerlikh@JohnBurbridge@ringo6355@Kixnbux@TSMB@asweetlifetx@twintroubleinc@anniepink1@thedcsystem@stephanie@Colemanmindy@Nwskyview@JeannineV2P@Heatheranne@paklucas@Donna2445@Beepropetservic@Suomalainen@LexiAssist@Stagedc@heartsinbalance@patty5357@JoshEnden@Drone_On_Demand@rgaerosolutions - thank you all!!

491 responses
CDunbar
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Id like there to be an option to select ALL photos to delete. There was some sort of glitch and it uploaded the same photo 1000 times!!!
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey @CDunbar that was an intense glitch. Did it happen again? If so, send me a Private Message with your account email address and I can get those deleted for you. Great suggestion by the way! 

bobd2359
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

1)  So if Thumbtack can take photos off for one person...why not let the rest of us know how to do it? Post the solution in  "FAQs for Professionals"

2) Why does TT allow potential clients so much time to choose someone?  There are times when I've bid on more than one project, then ...waited....and waited...only to have  more than one contact me. Why not create a "YES, NO, I'm consdering XXXXXXX Doe" as part of their due diligence so we will know more quickly and not over bid on the projects available?

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi there @bobd2359. As of right now, there isn't an option for pros to remove all photos at once. If you're experiencing the same glitch where 1000 photos were uploaded, we'll get them removed for you. Just send me a PM with your email address. 

BarryKerr
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

HELP! How do I stop receiving notifications from this thread?

Graceee
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
HELP , I want to stop receiving notifications from this community/ thread
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@Graceee@BarryKerr and others:

It's easy to unsubscribe from the emails.  Just click the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the thread, and click "Unsubscribe"

In the future, when you post to the Community, you can uncheck the box that says "Email me when someone replies," and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps!

Solved! Jump to solution
Jason, There is no unsubscribe option when you click on the three dots this is crazy my inbox is overflowing as there is no unsubscribe option when you click on the three dots this is crazy my inbox is overflowing please help!
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@yourethebride, there are two sets of dots.  The one closer to the top of the page is where you want to look.  But don't worry, I've gone ahead and unsubscribed you regardless!

And remember, next time, all you have to do is uncheck the box that says "Email me when someone replies," and you'll be all set!