Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
tshon
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

HI Carson... Thanks for the opportunity to post a few ideas. As a 35 + yr Pro Photogrpaher, it would be most helpful to have the option/ability to match images from a shoot, with the review that the client left after a successful project. Perhaps a link to a Gallery or to a Video clip if it was a motion project ( I would prefer a stand alone clip, not just a link to YouTube or Vimeo). My site, www.timothyshonnard.com is a good example.  Also, as you mentioned, increasing the options on how we present our imagery in our Profile would help as well. This could cross over into many categories, depending on how each individual likes to market themselves.

TT is a great platform, and has been a strong success for me over the last 4 years. I look forward to the future.

Cheers!

Timothy

Highlighted
JimInDallas
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Only posting this so I can stop all the email updates.

BillPersons
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@tshon @CarsonP

I'll second what Timothy suggested, and go one step further.  I'd like to *disable* the ability of a customer to leave their own images in the review.   By the time the customer has a) picked the wrong image to showcase, b) transferred it around their devices a bunch of times or screen-grabbed it from their facebook page, c) OMG possibly applied some modifications or filter to it, and d) TT has sized it down, it can look like oatmeal.

I'm a photographer, so images are key to me.   But if i were a contractor, or cleaner, or groomer,  I'd still want to control all the imagery related to my brand.

BTW, I saw the prototype of new profile ideas at SelfMade, and I can say thumbs up to everything that was in there.....

Bill

Thumbtack Employee CarsonP
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks so much for your post, @tshon! And thanks for sharing your website; you do some incredible work!

Customers want to see what you can do, and you want to show them. That’s why we’re working on ways to help you share photos of your work seamlessly, while making sure they look their best on your profile.

Here are some of the ways we are working to improve media on Thumbtack:

• Within the next month your Thumbtack profile will support high-quality images, so that customers can come to your profile and see the images in the original size and quality you intended.
  • Over the next six months, we’ll continue working on ways to surface the right photos for the right customers at the right time. This means a customer will see the photos that align with their project and showcase your skills. And they can always view the other photos you’ve shared if they want to see more. Stay tuned for more info!
  • We’re also currently developing the ability for you to display past projects on your profile to help customers get a full picture of what it’s like working with you. Your past projects will include surfacing the most relevant reviews and images to highlight the experience and quality of work you provide. We’re excited to show you what we have planned on this front, too!

We'll post updates here in the Community as we have them.  And in the meantime, keep the ideas coming! 

Adding other pros who raised similar suggestions and ideas: @BillPersons@JustBobF@VACGroupInc@Laholt3@asweetlifetx@Onthegofitness@Buildbodylab@kitcollins@TylerVarnell@Twelve12@RachelHeimerman@Graceee@dfranklin@ThumbtackCelia@shemesh511@rez90@luxemonroe@Jessi801@Tommy60@tcbischof@Jolli@QZPixels@Lgidopefilms@DannyPhung@mwacht@HKrieger@garymp62

bscott220
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Having 2 separate businesses, I’d love to be able to have separate photos on my profiles.

Currently, if I change the photo on 1 Business, it automatically makes that the photo for the other business.

I had a budget of $500 plus per month towards credits until that happened.
BeckyWright
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree! I offer four services here, wedding offiating, wedding music, piano tuning, and speaking for conferences, etc. Difficult to create one bio for all of those.
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@BeckyWright @bscott220 have you given any thought to creating separate accounts for each service you offer? Take a look here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/creating-separate-accounts-for-my-business and see if this is something that would make sense for you.

BeckyWright
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thought about it, just haven't looked into doing it. Thanks for the reminder.

0 Kudos
jodphoto
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I think that there sould be a separate photo gallery for each different service a business offers. Whether this happens automatically, depending on which service a customer requests...  or a viewer gets a to choose between several galleries for different services. People feel more comfortable when the Pro they are viewing specializes in the skill they are seeking.

Troy
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I sincerely agree JodPhoto.  I have a side business I'm trying to grow that covers several items.  With the previous Templates, I was able to craft an introduction to potential customers for the exact service they were asking for.  Now that we are forced to use our profiles in lieu of our templates, it's not as easy to separate services.  I've dropped off of TT for the past month or so because of the changes.  

0 Kudos