Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Jbromberek
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

I have a 30 second commercial I would like to post for prospects to view.  Can we do this?

Indablue
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
You can put the prices on there, but if it takes me 2 hours to clean a bathroom or kitchen, the price doubles. The price goes up for overly dirty areas.
0 Kudos
Highwire
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

It would be great to be able to have some ability to group services I provide by type somewhere within the profile beyond the basic info - without building a whole new profile. So prospects could pick the group/type of service and then see samples etc.

Solved! Jump to solution

We need an option under Professional Licenses to be able to upload a photo if applicable.

For example, I am a Reiki Master Teacher.

There  is no option to prove certification in this area as the dropdown menu is too limited. 

Perhaps a Energy or Holistic Services category and option to upload.

Also the COST needs to be reflective of the industry.  A Reiki Practitioner does not make as much per customer as a car dealer.

If you truly wnat to help small business you need to take this into account in order to help us grow, as opposed to putting us out of business.

It is notmal to spend 2-5% on Advertising (this is ALL your advertising, not just one format) and since the new changes have been put in place,  your cost structure it is now more than 30%.  

The original system was much more personal, also.  I do not like the new impersonal format.

patty5357
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have varying hours for my business on different days and would like to be able to highlight those for each day. That option would be very helpful! Also there is a cash option for payments and I'd like to include one for "check" as well even if it's "cash/check". 

I have several credentials which I'm not able to adequately list in my profile - only the one for the state I'mcertified in but not my national certification (which is the more imprtant of the two). I do have these listed under the  education/training section but since there is a section for licenses it would be most beneficial to show it there. Healthcare professionals ofetn carry multiple licenses and certifications - which can be verified - that are very important for potential clients to see in that section. Many of these set us apart from other competitors.

It would also be great to be able to narrow down more specifically what areas of expertise the clients are looking for. Currently it's rather over generalized and I see requests for some areas that are not relevant but if I exclude that category then that eliminates potential request that are relevant. Also it would be helpful to be able to have more flexibilty for the geographic areas we will entertain client from. My local area could be broader than I'm able to show and also if i could check specific states of the country that would allow me to broaden my reach.

Thanks

tvk5195
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

One of the issues of my Thumbtack profile is the file size limits of videos I want to show potential clients. I'm a wedding videographer and have full weddings I would love to host on my profile but can't. As a result, I usually have to ask for the client's e-mail, which many don't like to give out, in order to show them my videos that are hosted on Google Drive. 

chefsavur
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Social Media is a must!  I would like my prospective and old guests have the option to check out my Instagram or Facebook when they want to research a bit more about me.  This kind of advertising is vital to a caterer like me.  In addition, I would like to know when a guest is accessing my Instagram, Facebook, or social media thru ThumbTack..It will give me some more insight as to the efficacy of Thumbtack...kinda like a ROI.

mwacht
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'd like to be able to categorize my photos. There's one big scroll, but when I go after work, it would be nice to be able to share just my headshots, or just my product shots.

Highlighted
TackMaster vaughn
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution
Having a profile intro video or video being played in the background as a cover would look more attractive. It’s essentially taking facebook’s profile cover video multiple steps further to make profiles a little bit more unique. I also think the videos should also be native to the site rather than outsourcing Vimeo or YouTube to make the experience more seamless.
fredascott
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

These improvements would definitely help prospective clients have a better idea of what is out in the world & they can narrow who & what they need. The problem has been that clients are too vague about what they need & don't know or have a space to say what their project is. My illustrators are pros who work on all kinds of projects from Intel to Doritos to trade show graphics. It would be great to put a few of our samples on the profile but I've done that also when responding to people. The weak spot of Thumbtack is that most people have lower level illustrations & don't realize the differences in illustration styles. They are pretty uneducated, not CD's or designers mostly. I would love to collaborate with you on how to upgrade their experience as well as ours so both don't spend as much time figuring out whether a client is qualified or whether our styles apply to their projects. I'm very local (on the Peninsula).

Freda Scott--fredascottcreative.com--415-939-9121