Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
yogig
Community Newcomer

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution
Here are some ideas;
1. The profile view should not be limited to US residents only. I had a problem last year while I was in India and I tried to click the thumtack icon on my website and I ended up getting an error that "Thumbtack is only available in US". The visitors to my website, regardless of their country if origin, should be able to view my profile even though they cannot avail my services
2. I have been receiving follow up questions from customers who are interested in my profile asking me " the profile looks interesting, what's next?" We should make thumbtack smart enough to guide the customer with the next steps such as scheduling a time and location for the service, scheduling a phone call etc.. this will improve customer experience, minimize back and forth communication between service provider and consumer, improve chances of getting hired and reduce costs for service providers. I currently end up paying around ~$20 Everytime a customer reaches out to me for Health and Nutrition consultation with a question "Sounds good, what's next!?" And when I respond back to them I never hear back.
Cheers,
Gaurav (Yogi g)
Baryan
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
A nice feature in adding how pros accept payment.

In a separate note: Not referring to profile: Can your IT department tweak the review area. When we submit reviews online to customers, the system should not automatically check “hired.”
FinishCarpenter
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

It would be nice to have a Buddy Button.  How it works,  I do mostly Crown Moldings and Base boards but do to health and aging reason I dont like to paint any more.  The buddy button could hook the home owner up with a painter in the area to bid with me to get the job done on time with little hassle.  another example I do a lot of Base and shoe molding. I would love to buddy with someone that does flooring but maybe doesnt have the time to do the base and shoe.  We bid as seperate companies but trying to complete the job together.  I stop shopping with the intent to making it easy to find the specialty trades that will do the best job.

Instead of loosing Base boards bids to a painter.  Who may be good at painting but is not a Finish Carpenter.

JasonB
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

This is a really great idea, @FinishCarpenter! Thank you for sharing it!

In the interim, I hope you'll use this Community to find pros in other industries whom you can maybe refer and who can maybe refer you.  Making these sorts of connections and relationships is defintiely something we want to encourage and support!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Graceee
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
That is a bright idea
Sashareneephoto
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I would love to see information regarding responses to my quotes. I would love to see something interactive with them my profile aside from attaching videos or images. I would love to be linked to social media. I think it would be really cool if thumbtack providers could group together In order to network and help each other out with clients. Finally as a visual person it will be Cool if there was some type of background
nmmorales88226
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I think we should be able to show off our work from other website reviews like Facebook, Amazon seller services, ect.
2020HomeStaging
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I wish we had the ability to add an out of area surcharge, if we could do that then we would go ahead to turn on instant match.

Moderator Jordan

Solved! Jump to solution

@2020HomeStaging ooh that's great feedback! A work around I'm seeing for this (even if you're not on Instant Match) is adding this pricing info to your profile.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beepropetservic
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack has been my main spot to get jobs although it's kind of annoying when I pay for potential clients who respond with "oh that's nice" and then never respond back, so I'm basically paying for someone who can't respond back.

I also wish that they would be able to highlight that we are CPR Certified and Insured. A lot of people with in my industry are hobbyist and it would be great if Thumbtack would be able able to differentiate between a profesional and a hobbyist, most people who are hobbyist are not CPR certified and Insured.