Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
ChefGason23
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution
Please stop sending me all these emails as a result of my one time post.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I want my profile to show more of who I am. Maybe a separate area to show more about me as the individual to sell myself better to clients.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cheshiredave
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

It will be great to have the opportunity to link more than one website or particular social media profile. For example, I'm a photographer but I have two different sites, one for boudoir, one for everything else. I'd like to be able to highlight both. I also have two separate Instagram accounts -- same reason. Also multiple addresses -- for example, my home address is listed on my profile, but my studio is somewhere else. It has confused customers in the past.

An option to upload a video introduction would also be cool. I know you can upload videos as work samples, but this is different.

With images, dragging and dropping to rearrange photos is an absolute must -- clicking a button to move an image up or down is maddening. A really nice feature would be the ability to group images into categories -- for those of us with a lot of images to show, it can help save customers time and see only what they want to see.

Hope this is helpful!

SantaPapa
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Have a highlighted section where each Thumbtack professional could tell potential clients what sets them apart or special features they offer.

Solved! Jump to solution
How about the option to write a weekly post with picture option to our profile page? The post (like a micro blog) would have a time limit (say 2 weeks) before expiring. Provide us push notification that the post will expire and to provide another post. Each post would be limited to word count—keeping the post short sweet and relevant.
Thanks,
John
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

This is a really cool idea! Thanks for sharing, @JohnnyComfort!

0 Kudos
jbillups
Level 2

Robust Gallery

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to see a much more robust organized gallery that is easy to manage/reorder/change ... etc.

I'd like to be able to send potential clients to specific album in a gallery.

Cheers
Jay

Solved! Jump to solution
Post videos!
Moderator Jordan

Solved! Jump to solution

@Towerscarpetaz good news: you can Smiley Happy How to Upload Videos

0 Kudos
tcbischof
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
  • I think the section that should be at the top of my profile is the Questions and Answers section. I notice most clients are impressed when I have done my homework and ask them what frustrates you from learning. They don't expect me to care about them. I notice when I talk to my client they are very interested that I listen to them. My customers like it when I repeat there answers back and then tell them how I can accomodate their need or want.  (I like to think like the customer,  "Why should I hire you when there's all these other companies that might be lower priced." I find clients like to see my personality this is the only way we are different than most competitors. A lot of businesses are starting to price match & do other things to be competitive.  
  • I find there are so many different kinds of business industries and multiply that by the different licensing and credentials, and I think everyone is going to want to have the ability to custom each profile differently for each customer. I know people are thinking this is what quoting is for. However I know when you do instant match it doesn't allow more than 1 bid tempolate. Also I notice it charges us if a customer responds and we get a hold of them & they never get back to us. Also I get a lot of window shoppers that charge me a lot of money that aren't interested in lessons & don't make the final decisions. They don't even have an instrument but yet say they are ready for a lesson now, or they want to learn Bass & I only teach guitar. 
  • I like my profile to be different for each potential client bidding for a job.
  • I like the idea to highlight past projects
  • I like the fact to link to social media and display my past Top Pro status.
  • I like that we will be able to tell customers the payment methods I accept so they know what to expect at the end of the project. 
  • I think more videos need to be allowed since my business is guitar lessons, which image and sound quality are of the utmost importance. I think how reviews appear isn't that big of deal.
  • I like that you will feature our credentials and awards.
  • I think we should be able to show them our CDs that are out or other media or merchandise we have so they can see what it looks like and see our creativity.