Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Freshly
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

Marco, Jason & all at TT.  I don't see anywhere how you are addressing your customers request - Keep in mind that we are your customers not the people who are requesting quotes.  They are not paying you anything. I used to get people responding to my quotes, now it is just a black hole.  This should be an easy fix. WHy are your customers requests and emails not being answered? 

Once more - I have been asking for a vegan/vegetarian category. Yet to see a direct response to my question on your timeline. This is very disappointing customer service. 

You are making changes and tweakings to things that we are not asking for and don't really care about the issues we are raising. Either fix it or you will lose pretty much all your customers.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Freshly Marco, Jason, and all of us at Thumbtack wholeheartedly understand that Pros are in actuality our customers along with the customers that come to you. We’re focusing on getting customers to fully use our site and return for multiple projects. This is good for both customers and pros. We’ve also seen that if a customer has to wait for a response they leave, which makes for unresponsive customers and no hires for the pro. With Instant Match we’re hoping to change this experience for the better. We have seen customer responses double which also coincides with better hire rates for pros.

I’m sorry to hear that this hasn’t been the case for you recently. What I recommend is working to make your profile as competitive as possible to earn more hires and make the money you’ve spent worth it in the long run. You’re off to an awesome start with such great pictures in your media. One thing I noticed is the number of reviews you have. This is the biggest determining factor when customers are choosing who to hire. The good news is that reviews are easy to get from past customers that are happy with your work. Take a look at this page with steps to do this:  https://help.thumbtack.com/article/get-reviews.

As for your request and feedback for a more specific category, I’m glad you shared that with us. Since Carson is looking for ideas specifically related to the profile I’d also make sure to share your suggestion directly with our product team here if you haven’t already:  https://help.thumbtack.com/suggestions 

HazelOliver
Level 4

Thumbtack Updates

Solved! Jump to solution

Who else would like Thumbtack to seperate examples of work into sections or at least photo and video?As a production company with multiple different clients it's hard to show different work by the way it is organized now.

Also wouldn't it be great to intergrate google reviews or social into thumbtack? It's next to imposibble to get clients to review on every platform we use even with systems in place to help.

0 Kudos
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: Thumbtack Updates

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @HazelOliver Thank you for this post. 

Check out this video that shows where Thumbtack is headed. I think you'll be happy to see that what you want from Thumbtack, is on it's way!

Being a long time Thumbtack pro myself, I appreciate this so much, I am with you! So excited for what the future holds.

Best of luck!

Dusti

Deborah306
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Please stop making it so much more complicated. I am a top pro editor and haven't been able to land a job since you changed the system. Why is that?  No one is responding!  I've put suggestions to many of you, have called repeatedly to demand I not pay for a customer who isn't really engaged. I am unable to continue to send Thumbtack $30 for nothing. If you see my profile, I have followed all your suggestions. But the real evidence is things have changed for the worse!!!  I never had this much trouble getting a job editing before. I've been with Thumbtack since 2011 and it has worked well for me. Now, for a month NOTHING. Are the clients overwhelmed with too many quotes?  What's going on? 

brandenb27
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Yep/nope. I'm goooood Whoot Whoot🎅👍
RENTA SANTA BRANDEN
0 Kudos
givenback123
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

A link to our previous customers reviews

A link to our profile prior to any contact.  

Ability to see our evaluation scores

A drop down menu for frquently asked questions (such as servicing areas, additional fees if any, etc.)

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you all for participating, there are a lot of great ideas here! We will be closing this thread, so please refer to Cordelia's post where we will be synthesizing some new ideas. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TLC
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Thank you for asking! The desperation of different categories and removal of multi subject tutoring in the budget was not ideal,
the price structuring was adjusted slightly after communicating with your customer service via phone, so I believe that was not alone in my concerns regarding a quote thatleft a negligible return on the first visit with a client( the quote structure has to consider the type of industry). For example, a painting job may pay a minimum of 500 dollars for a job, my field may involve just one session at anywhere from 35-50 dollars an hour(as seen as average in the insights portion on the website). So please look for congruence o feed charged to quote with type of job and the average payment collected by a pro.

It is frustrating to have a client blatantly lie and be an outlier on your reviews, it can be disconcerting... I have realized that I may have to accept the fact that it is possible that a teenager may lie to their parent(GASP*), but when someone has stellar comments, and then a review comes up that is such a disparity, it begs for a rationale. In my case, I simply issued an unsolicited full refund to the client, yet I have a beautiful service record marred by manipulative teenager. I do understand that it s important to the integrity of the reviews to accept them as they stand, so I really do not know what could be done to appropriately address this problem.

The staff is lovely and well trained( a positive note)

Glitches occur frequently( daily).

I honestly hope the “competition” quoting such low amounts get booked quickly.. I have seen a serious uptick in these quotes since the new pay structure came about; this makes no fiscal sense to me?? How can someone afford to quote 25 dollars an hour, pay more than half a of that to get the lead to contact them, then pay gas, tolls, and use supplies for sessions? I have been an entrepreneur for over 20 years... how do these “professionals” make a profit margin.. and how much quality can they possibly be offering to the client?

I am not a techie, bit more interactivity with social media.. ease of that process is essential for the continued exponential growth of this website. The next generation is used to immediate gratification., and clicking thier way through the web.

Please make it easier to delete or move old emails, and overall, make it easier to comprehend how to navigate in the pros own quote templates(ie deleting them).. I Finally figured out how to delete old templates...and the “update” button in templates has consIntently resulted in an “OOPS” message from Thumbtack.

Thank you for offering such a forum.

I also have hired pros from Thumbtack, and have turned others on to the website for hiring, not one person I have recommended the website to has had a negative experience with their pro.

Solved! Jump to solution

I noticed this as well....I don't understand how some services can charge so little and still pay for the costs of running a small business.  It makes it hard on the rest. And I am willing to bet that these services couldn't possibly be of much quality. I'm afraid this could be harmful over-all. I hear from too many people that I've gone to work for the horror stories about being over charged and then getting lousy service. But undercharging doesn't help anyone either. Even if by chance they happen to get some quality work.