Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

when you leave a message here - uncheck the box 'email me when someone replies' if you don't want a ton of emails in your inbox.

I would like to be able to drag and drop photos to where i want, not just 'move up' and 'move down'

A time limit for the customer to respond or not would be considerate.  Also, letting a customer select 'not interested' in your quote with a notification to you so you know they looked at it and are not going to go with you instead of just leaving you hanging wondering - because it's totally not cool for thumb to charge the service provider because the customer decided to go out of their way to msg you back saying 'no thanks'

Solved! Jump to solution

It would be fantastic if at least once a year if a "Profile Manager or Profile Editor" from Thumbtack would schedule an annual schedule to improve and make suggested improvements as it is not possible to take on my profile during the landscaping season and the work flow is full force. A January meeting for outside contractors in the off-season would be a huge step. Thumbtack is a highly valuable Customer Contact service because it is a Presentation Work Service an valuable because it is so much better than "Pirhana Work Services" like Mowz, Lawnstarter and Lawn Guru and much more relational and "evaluational" than Greenpal. This allows a much more rational process in getting details on contractor and customer familiarity. A Profile Session is a more productive investment in that unique value.

Also, it is extremely frustrating seeing O contactors bid on the project profile but after bidding and going to Insights and seeing 5 contractors had already bid. Please get the Contractors on Job Profile accurate or just delete it. I keep concluding this is manipulating and deceptive in getting to bid on a job because you think your the first or only one bidding.

I would also like to have Customer Profile information on how serious and what kind of Customer Project posting they are. I would like to see a record of Thumbtack Hires per Thumbtack Postings they have done. I am finding Thumbtack Jobs are also showing up after or at the same time as Thumbtack project on Lawnstarter and Greenpal. I think a Customer profile will cut out the abuser and misusers from wasting contractors and Thumbtack attention and effort.  

2Masters
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to see my profile list backsplash tiling and fireplace tiling and mantle installation
moonlitmedia
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I would love a way to easily drag and drop portfolio images. Sometimes we need to showcase a project or want to show newest first. I'd also love a way for clients to reach out directly from our profile. 

Greycliffe
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I think customers love transparency - I'd love to see all client/contractor communications open for all to see until a contract is accepted by both parties. Then they obviously need to exchange more private information like addresses and contact info.

Highlighted
Tfdesign
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I'd like a way to say hi to potential clients and let them know I'm not presently available to help because of previous commitments. I feel it's not good for Thumbtack or for my business to not hear from anyone, when they are seeking our help. I don't want to pay to let them know I'm sorry I'm busy but if they are flexible I may be available shortly. As a designer I never know if any other designers have  responded. I'd be happy if they found someone..but to have no one respond is not good for any of us.

westhoml
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Can we get rid of the anonymous option for clients when they leave reviews? It looks so shady, even if it's a positive review. 

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@westhoml I just wanted to let you know that is currently the way Thumbtack reviews work. The change was made a little bit ago and any new customer reviews will include their name.

westhoml
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for the response!

Arianakiva
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The best thing that my profile could do is encourage people to give me their phone number as there are only five people contacted to respond to the request. In my line of business, having a Voice contact with the person is worth more than 1000 pictures.