Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Av8tress
Level 6

Posting Videos

Solved! Jump to solution

I've posted videos inside my templates because it was easier to let the client see what I could do for them at different levels.

However, I discovered recently that Thumbtack does not let you post videos with the MP4 extension. WHY NOT? I had to go to YouTube and copy my videos from there and paste them inside my introductory letter. By now, Thumbtack should be able to take almost any type of video extension, besides YouTube.

AVI, MOV, WMV, MPEG4, FLV, F4V:  just to name a few. It takes time to hunt down my videos on YouTube when I should be able to upload them quickly to send to the clients.

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution
I think it would be helpful to habe a tool for calculating the price of a project with an excel like program where customer would pick options and see the result or sum instantly
ethanwwm
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
  1. Allow us to send more than just 20mb worth of images at once to our clients. At the moment, Thumbtack restricts the total size of the images when first sending the images. However, I am able to send more images once the conversation has been initiated. Why not just let us send as many images the first round to make life simpler?
  2. Allow us to select multiple images at once to upload. At the moment, I have to keep clicking on the "upload" button for each picture I want to add into my message. Instead, allow us to select maybe 10 photos at once to be uploaded when sending our first message to clients.
  3. Under requests, allow us to view clients requests based on proximity! It would be nice to arrange requests based on distance. 
  4. In our inbox, it would be nice to see all our messages regardless of what category it is in. At the moment, we are only able to select from certain filters which restricts other messages from being viewed.
  5. How about a phone calling or video calling feature? It would be nice to do it in app! Or even a screen sharing capability, this will make editing for both clients and photographers easier, as clients can give live feedback on edits and how they would like the images to be edited.

Many thanks to the team for the great work! Thumbtack is really awesome Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks so much for these suggestions, @ethanwwm! These are awesome!

0 Kudos
TLC
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution
Thank you for asking! The desperation of different categories and removal of multi subject tutoring in the budget was not ideal,
the price structuring was adjusted slightly after communicating with your customer service via phone, so I believe that was not alone in my concerns regarding a quote thatleft a negligible return on the first visit with a client( the quote structure has to consider the type of industry). For example, a painting job may pay a minimum of 500 dollars for a job, my field may involve just one session at anywhere from 35-50 dollars an hour(as seen as average in the insights portion on the website). So please look for congruence o feed charged to quote with type of job and the average payment collected by a pro.

It is frustrating to have a client blatantly lie and be an outlier on your reviews, it can be disconcerting... I have realized that I may have to accept the fact that it is possible that a teenager may lie to their parent(GASP*), but when someone has stellar comments, and then a review comes up that is such a disparity, it begs for a rationale. In my case, I simply issued an unsolicited full refund to the client, yet I have a beautiful service record marred by manipulative teenager. I do understand that it s important to the integrity of the reviews to accept them as they stand, so I really do not know what could be done to appropriately address this problem.

The staff is lovely and well trained( a positive note)

Glitches occur frequently( daily).

I honestly hope the “competition” quoting such low amounts get booked quickly.. I have seen a serious uptick in these quotes since the new pay structure came about; this makes no fiscal sense to me?? How can someone afford to quote 25 dollars an hour, pay more than half a of that to get the lead to contact them, then pay gas, tolls, and use supplies for sessions? I have been an entrepreneur for over 20 years... how do these “professionals” make a profit margin.. and how much quality can they possibly be offering to the client?

I am not a techie, bit more interactivity with social media.. ease of that process is essential for the continued exponential growth of this website. The next generation is used to immediate gratification., and clicking thier way through the web.

Please make it easier to delete or move old emails, and overall, make it easier to comprehend how to navigate in the pros own quote templates(ie deleting them).. I Finally figured out how to delete old templates...and the “update” button in templates has consIntently resulted in an “OOPS” message from Thumbtack.

Thank you for offering such a forum.

I also have hired pros from Thumbtack, and have turned others on to the website for hiring, not one person I have recommended the website to has had a negative experience with their pro.

HaroldC
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to have a more detailed narrative about what types of students I thrive with.
HaroldC
Level 5
It would be helpful to know if they view my Facebook webpage.
Daytona31
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
If I could represent myself in a manner that would represent myself to attract exactly the clientele I would love to have, instead of just putting myself out there to just survive on my skills.
I would love to use Thumbtack like this!
I survive almost solely from Thumbtack, but only possibly 1/4 to 1/3 of my jobs are what I thrive on, especially emotionally.
I love the artistic work, much more than the craftsmanship with just my skills.

I don't know how to use Thumbtack to do this, although I survive independently doing what I do best.
crystali
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Carson

I've been a believer in Thumbtack for many years.     I use it with several other tools and we stay booked year long.     On the negative side, we get thumbtack  leads for hip hop, latin  or mariachi music, and DJ entertainment which I've specified in our profile we don't provide.   We're a variety band that plays specifically live hit danceable classic rock, classic country, blues and oldies and our demographic is the 55+ adult active communities, retirement resorts, and other venues that cater to ages 50-90.    We're unusual in that we're celbrating 50 years of Crystal Image.     29 albums released, many original songs of which have been featured worldwide on ABC, TNN, VH1, MTV, A&E network TV shows and movies.   Grand prize winner Nashville music city song festival and multi finalist American song festival.  Opened shows for War, Tower of power, Simon and Garfunkel and many others.

John

crystal image variety band

Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Wow! That's some list of accomplishments, @crystali! We're lucky to have you on Thumbtack!

0 Kudos