Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Jordan

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey there @barbsfitforlife, there are two options for this situation. First, there's a travel preference option for "by phone or internet." When this option is selected, you'll receive requests from all over the U.S.. This is only available in certain categoies that are able to be done over the phone or by internet, so depending on what your category is, it may not be available. The other option (which I've seen a lot of pros do) is create separate profiles in major cities which you can learn more about doing here.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Jordan.. I’m a health coach, and I also work as a personal trainer and nutritionist. I haven’t seen that option to get US leads for those professions. Do you know if they are included? If not, is there a way to include them so I can start getting national leads? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Moderator Jordan

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey there @barbsfitforlife, there are two options for this situation. First, there's a travel preference option for "by phone or internet." When this option is selected, you'll receive requests from all over the U.S.. This is only available in certain categoies that are able to be done over the phone or by internet, so depending on what your category is, it may not be available. The other option (which I've seen a lot of pros do) is create separate profiles in major cities which you can learn more about doing here.

0 Kudos
TrapperRick
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Is there any that there can be a direct link letting customers call us? I do include my number in the quote, but we all know not many people read the quotes thoroughly where as if there was a direct link it may prompt more immediate responses.

CAID
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Possibly allowing pros to upload videos as introductory or even at work may be a good idea. I havent looked into it yet but connecting a company Facebook page to the profile would be nice also.

Not regarding our profiles but it would be nice to know how much to expect to be charged before bidding on jobs as well. Thank you for asking our input!
lsepeds
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

A list of sub-areas within a specialty might be good.  For example, I receive many requests for "embroidery" or "quilting" within the sewing category.  I don't do either of those.

Moderator Jordan

Solved! Jump to solution

@lsepeds part of this might've had something to do with you Advanced Settings. It's located at the bottom of your services page and has options to received related job types. I got this turned off for you now. However, I'd recommend still going into your Job Preferences to make sure everything is to your liking. Just follow these steps on a desktop or mobile web browser:

1. Start at your Services Page.

2. Click on the service you'd like to make edits to.

3. Click "edit" next to Job Preferences.

4. Here you'll see a bunch of additional questions regarding what you do. I'd suggest going through each to make sure you're receiving the best jobs for you.

Let me know if you have any questions. You can also go to our Help Center for more info.

0 Kudos
Carpet18
Level 1

Carpets and Tile

Solved! Jump to solution
It would be nice to have a 30sec or 1 Min Video for the Customer to look at On Our Profile???
Highlighted
Av8tress
Level 6

Re: Carpets and Tile

Solved! Jump to solution

I felt the same way because I realized, clients were not going to go to my Profile where I do have videos I've uploaded. So I put them in the introductory letter I send out.

In the beginning, I sent them inside a Word attachment but I had to upload them in YouTube first. Copy the YouTube format, then paste it in a Word document and send it as an attachment. That way, they would see my videos immediately instead of hunting for them. I had to remember, some of my clients are beginners on the computer and I had to leave big bread crumbs for them to follow.

Then I realized I could copy & paste the YouTube format directly into the intro letter. That was even easier but still a pain because I'd have to go back to YouTube to find them, copy & paste them. So I singled them out & even made new videos and put them someplace where I could just copy & paste them in the Intro Letter.

That's the only way at this point, you'll get to your clients to watch your work until they overhaul Thumbtack again.

0 Kudos
visualarts10
Level 2

Re:two separate businesses

Solved! Jump to solution

I have an art school (Visual Arts Studio & Art School) and my hypnotherapy practice (Visual Arts Hypnotherapy), each wih a different phone number but with the same address.  Also my mailing address is the only one I want to supply.  The businesses are in my home and I will only give the address to interested callers.  My biggest problem is trying to get all of my net listings to show no physical address, only the correct phone number, and to promote the correct business. When I spend the time trying to correct listings, the programs mostly will not allow me to make the changes I require.

Any suggestions?