results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, @CMTO! Thanks for posting!

Did you see this thread in the Community on this topic?

Do the recent changes address your concerns?

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Forum/Attention-Book-Editors/m-p/2289/highlight/true#M465

0 Kudos
CMTO
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, Jason,

No, I hadn't seen the thread. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Shortly after I posted my suggestion, I logged onto my account and felt heartened when I saw that the word "Editing" had been added again. Thanks for listening to the Community on this!

0 Kudos
Drewdus42
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I'd love to be able to upload a video to the profile as a main video, separate from the uploads section, near the top, like a commercial for my business. I can imagine it would be quite helpful for every other business as well.
Chef_Aneva
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

@Carson

Here are some great ways to help improve the Thumbtack Profile Experience for both the Pro and Potential Client.

1. Providing Interactive Profiles that can be personalized to an extent by the professional would be great. Profile updates would include adding background page color, changing fonts, pictures display, etc. Having a handful of these types of capabilities will make it more engaging for the potential client.
  2. Making Thumbtack Profile more discoverable on Major Search Engines. Thumbtack/Pro’s Name/Expertise
  3. Share this Pro! Social Media Buttons. 

Solved! Jump to solution

First of all, I like Thumbtack's business model. I used it to hire a couple of professionals in the past (Garage Door Repairman and Pool Maintenance guy), and now I'm using it for some small businesses I'm starting.  As you expand into new areas, I can see the significant challenges you face. I like most of what I see, but I have a few feedback items with suggestions.

- I have a few businesses with profiles set up to handle different types of requests, but there is a bit of overlap between a couple of them. I have a Life/Work Coach profile and a Therapy/Spiritual Counselling profile. I would like to have a little more control about which goes to which. For example, if someone requests a Life Coach for Relationship issues or lack of motivation, I would rather those went to my Spiritual counselling profile. This would require some more settings about how to handle areas outside of my specific preferences, and perhaps being able to select specific types of requests I don't want. 

- I also sometimes get requests regarding documentation or writing, but I would like to be able to filter out certain types of requests entirely. For example, I do not want to do "grant writing", and I don't have it selected as a preference. I should be able to say which things I definitely do not want. Same with people who prefer a female practitioner. I do not want those requests, since I am male.

- I have automatch turned on, but I don't seem to be able to get any information about when/if automatches has gone out. One tech support person suggested that I could tell by looking at sent requests, and we seem to have found one, but they are not clearly marked, and I can't necessarily remember everyone who I sent a quote to. It should be shown on ther services page, and there should be a separate menu item under the inbox (or somewhere) for automatched items.

- In some cases, when I give a fixed bid for something, I am being billed more than my bid for the contact. I gave someone a life coaching fixed bid for $35, I think it was (it was a short job), but I was billed $38. 

Rick.

Highlighted
Moderator Jenn

Solved! Jump to solution

RickAtKnowWare  We took a look in your settings and you could potentially make some adjustments to help you filter those type of requests. If you login, go to settings, and then job preferences you can manage your jobs a bit more specifically. Let us know if you need more help!

0 Kudos
CindyRyan
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to see all of my reviews reflected in my two accounts. Since i have 2 profiles it looks like i have less reviews because they are only reflected in each area, which i do not like. i think a review is a review, does not matter where. Or help me to combine my profiles into 1 for 2 areas? Is it possible to switch back and forth between 2 different areas? that would be great!

I would like to see a background image on my profile like other sites have. I would like to see a little shorter profile. So many sites ask people in my profession to fill these out, gets to be too time consuming generating so many profiles! Give them a link to our website, and maybe that is where there is a fee, when they check out the website and not just the profile??

I agree with others about quoting, i am not sure i like this new system,  and have not wanted to use it, i think it is too blind,  too confusing, and too general. 

I also feel that in my business the description on the job should be required from the person looking for a professional. There are too many moving parts in my sort of business.In other words the request MUST have a 'required' descriptive portion for the requestor to fill out exactly what it is that they are looking for, or the request cannot be submitted or considered. This saves everyone, time, money, and useless running around.

Not sure about the 'contact' portion. Many people 'contact' everyone that is listed, so now everyone gets charged? Maybe small fee if contacted, larger fee for whom is hired for the request? Or maybe like i suggested above, if they go from profile to website, then we get charged?

Should be an area for awards.

I do not want my reviews aligned with photos, i do not always take photos especially if the homeowner changes, or does some weird things on their own to their project. 1they can still write me a review, but it does not need to be associated with a photo.

Thank you so much for asking out opinions, I appreciate that Thumbtack!

LanceCayko
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
End all anonymous reviews so that we can be sure that we are replying to the correct person with the review. In the spirit of the free market and transparency against malicious attacks please make all former and upcoming reviews not anonymous.

Thank you
giovanniello
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

My personal trianing sessions are 45-minute in durration, but I am only able to say that I offer 60-minute classes. I'd like it if that could be adjusted. I would also very much like to win that 250 dollars Smiley Wink

CarolF
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to enter the type of entities that I work with which are "flow throughs" or Sole Proprietor, LLC, LLP, or S-Corporation which is my niche. This would work for Bookkeeping, Accounting, Tax Accounting and Consult

I would like to pick a niche as I am focusing on Owner/Operator transporation,  or a specific client I am looking for, not just anyone because it costs me money.

I would like to pick "Remote" because that how I work, remotely no in-person meetings: The client should be able to see that fact.

I don't like the fact that Thumbtack has on the client side set pricing for my professional services. The client should read the bio and decide if that professsional sounds like someone they would want to contact not Thumbtack informing the client what they should pay. Counter productive for Thumbtack.

0 Kudos