Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution
I use[d] Thumbtack primarily as a pro in photography and music instruction for a couple of years. I appreciate that it connects me to potential clients who are already actively looking for the focused services I provide.

With regard to profiles, I find the present form of content upload (photos in my case) exasperating to use on mobile devices. Mind you, it is much better than it has previously been, and, yes, I have tried it on both the Android application and in mobile browsers. Neither option was as easy as doing it from a computer. Since we live in the age of social media and many of the businesses which are likely to be featured on Thumbtack are also likely to have social media listings either in lieu of or more up to date than website listings, this should have been an integration option long ago. More incentive for satisfied customers to leave reviews for pros would also be nice. If pros have not set up personalized messages to send to clients for which either party has marked the pro as hired, Thumbtack should have a feature to automatically remind the customer at periodic intervals to leave a review for that professional similar to Amazon or eBay when they request feedback or reviews for recent purchases. Indeed, if pros are the paying market for Thumbtack as a business, it should be doing all it can to make customer relations a breeze for pros so that they can focus most on delivering the best product or service to their customers.

Though this is somewhat outside the purview of this topic, I also must express my disdain for Thumbtack's change to its business model. Over the course of at least two years with Thumbtack, I received quite a few customers. I spent well over $100 on credits to use to bid on jobs for clients. The credit system was excellent and very fair. Refunds on credits were issued if a potential client did not respond to a bid within 48 hours, and there were even free quotes allowed in markets where few pros existed offering a given service. I made decent returns on these investments, but then Thumbtack discontinued this model in favor of paying for mere contact with a customer while discontinuing any truly free quotes for limited competition. While this was not overly difficult as an adjustment, my rate of being hired plummeted. Customers were not even reported as hiring other pros for their jobs. Then came the 'weekly budget' allowances for Thumbtack in the application. Where I had once flourished, customers were ghosting left and right, and I was paying for every single contact they initiated in response to my quotes, and at that point I became much less interested in Thumbtack because other avenues are competitive with advertising budgets at that point, and I can target audiences. At this point without even 6 months' use of other platforms, I have made about 50% of what I have made with Thumbtack. Of course, no business is guaranteed with returns, but I assure you that other avenues seem more viable and valuable than Thumbtack now. Thumbtack needs to do a considerable bit to reclaim my business for its service now if it wants it.
DannyPhung
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi CarsonP, thank you for the opportunity to share our thought regarding to our profile. I would like to see our profile photo a little bit bigger, so the customers can easily noticed us. Specially when we have more than one owner. On the images /photos section. I would like to have options of create my own photo category. For instantly, my service is providing wedding floral, event decorations, and candy buffet. It would be easy for the customer to view the specific photos of a service that they're looking for without going through all the mixed photos. If I didn't explained clear please contact me with 408.499.5272. Greatly appreciate it.

DannyPhung
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
On the photo. Can we have the option of select 5 or more photo to attached/upload instead of upload one by one.
Stagedc
Level 5

SUGGESTED UPDATES!!

Solved! Jump to solution
First of, thank you for opening this for discussion!! I absolutely love Thumbtack and the service you guys provide us!!!!

* The goal of making our Thumbtack page a more online presence for our business is a great and exciting goal! I would love to see an easier way for me to attract outside customers to my Thumbtack page. Google optimization and a better way to feature our Thumbtack page on our website without having to contact our web manager

* Video upload capability would be great. I would love to post videos to my page and I do see that there is an option but it does not let me for some reason. A designated spot for videos would be great!

* Certificate displays or labels. Most of us don’t need licenses to provide our services but we work hard to be certified and it validates our craft. If we could display that somehow that would be very helpful.

* Auto responses when using instant quotes. I would love to be able to attach a message (and photos) to my pricing that would be sent with instant quotes. This will help customers get a better more personal experience than just getting a quote. They will have more info before reaching out to ask questions (which we are charged for) and then never hiring us.

Many thanks!!
Lusitho93
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
my name is Luis I do the roofing work well done and 100% guaranteed and the reasonable price
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I really wish there was a method to highlight different pricing structures for the various services you offer. I feel I lose a lot of potential customers because the price they see is really expensive, but may not realize that I offer more inexpensive options!

SRL
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

One of the things I do is I am a Notary. I can only be a notary in MA. I get requests from all over. I get very little money for doing this and can't therefore travel. I can't change where I would do this without changing the area I will do my other Wedding Officiant business. Also under quotes or requests when something is expired, I can't delete it and I don't want it sitting there forever. When something is put as a request for me as partial I would like to send a separate template response from my automatic one sent as I would charge more. I don't understand why I am getting ones for a 4 hour drive away when I won't go further than 1 1/2 hrs. I can understand as "partial" a 2hour drive but 4? REALLY? Also maybe the option of putting in a short video to promote oneself.

Highlighted
Moderator Jenn

Solved! Jump to solution

@SRL In your account, under travel preferences you can edit your settings so you won't continue to get those requests that are further than you would like to go. If you need help changing those, let me know. Also, you have the option to add video to your profile right now. Here is a link that will show you how. 

0 Kudos
DOC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like for thumbtack to setup where we can upload a video from our home computer or laptop and not use youtube or vimeo.
Patrice
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

We'd like the ability for the client to post a photo of our crew or the bar in their review; and the same for us.

And why is there no way for us to cut-and-paste info from our past responses to clients so that we can re-use for similiar events etc.?