results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Wah-Heed
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

I also would like the option for the system to automatically delete a service request should a client hire someone. I don't mind doing the follow ups but sometimes it would save time to know if potential client already hired someone else.

steveduch
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Carson

Wel let me first start off by introducing myself. I am Steve from SD Contractors. To be honest it doesn't really matter how tech saavy thumbtack can be. if a customer wants to see my past work I can show them my portfolio of work I have done over the years of being a contractor and I would rather show them in person. Also there has been discussions of quoting blind. It is too hard to give a customer an honest quote when the customer can only see so much. A customer can only explain what they see not the entire picture. For instance if the customer wants a deck built: whats the ground made of ( clay, stone, wet, very dry) this we need to know for digging the footings for the framing. Or do they live in a housing association and do we need to pull 2 permits ( 1 for the housing association 1 for the township), it also depends on if their house is a bi-level or ranch home as to where I can put the ledger board and how its going to be anchored into the building. All these are legitimate questions that we have to look at before we can give a price, and more often than not you get ignored when you dont give the customer a quote right away and you ask them for more details that they really can't answer. Or if the customer wants a wall mount with hidden cables, this is not straight forward and most of the time the customer has no idea what kind of walls they have. Not to mention that they could have drywall walls but whats the depth behind the drywall ( is it 1 inch, 2 inch 4 inch etc...) Also as far as the electrical especially above a fireplace, they get asked is there an outlet near where the TV is going to get mounted? Most say yes because they see an outlet 16 inches up from the floor but its not up at where the new TV is going to go. You cant by law put an electrical cord in the wall and plug it straight in ( the power cord is no insulated) you have to run an outlet or power bridge ( if you run an outlet its not always possible to tap into an existing outlet and run off that one for a new outlet, you have to look at the load capacity on that string of outlets to make sure your not exceeding 85% of the breaker) so you may need to run a new outlet so thats more cost. Ive seen bids on here for wall mouted TV with hidden cables for $99. No way can you do it for that price if you have to run a new outlet or a power bridge ( what I have to pay for a power bridge $39.99) and thats not installing it. The only way you can wall mount a TV with hidden cables for $99 is if its done illegally and incorrectly.

I also would like to mention that trying to compete with joe schmoe looking for beer money and the ridiculous quotes they give is hurting the real contractors out there looking to make a living and not just using thumbtack for supplemental income. There should be a screening process on here that require commercial auto, and general liability to perform work. No contractor that has expenses before they start their day can compete with alot of the unrealistic quotes given on this site. No way can I compete with $100 wall mounts and $85 new outlet installs. Anyone that signs up on here should have to list and get their insurance verified and if they don't have any insurance then it should be visible with their name so when they bid on a job the customer knows that they have no insurance and its the risk of the customers to deal with the uninsured person. You could attract more A+ contractors if it was a fair game across the board not designed for the person just lookin for beer money

Solved! Jump to solution

I think the way you do profiles is fine, I just wish the clients were asked to share a picture of the job they want done.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  Or, I wish I could ask for them to upload pictures or send me one without being charged by thumbtack.

AMStudio
Level 4

Not all services are reasonable for the 25 mile radius. 

Having people find me with the "I'm willing to travel 25 miles" option is ridiculous. I get responses from people who don't realize I'm an hour away from them. Thumbtack can't reasonably think that there's a decent amount of people who would drive 60 minutes, take a 30 minute lesson, and then drive 60 minutes home. This is so simple to fix by just changing 25 miles to something more reasonable (like 10 miles) that the fact that this hasn't been done feels almost intentional and predatory.

0 Kudos
redcreative
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to add mp3s or audio files to my profile since I am in the audio and music business. In the beginning I could, but there has been a glitch in the system for several years where one cannot add audio examples to a profile. The way it is set up now is that you have to use a youtube link. Thumbtack says it accepts Soundcloud links but it does not. I am unable to post audio samples of my work. Therefore, my profile is weak and incomplete. I have called many times to report and correct this issue and to seek guidance, but the customer service reps/programmers have never offered a solution. I gave up almost a year ago or more and have not updated my profile as a result. It seems to me to be a very simple fix.

Douglas Stevens, Creative Audio & Music

Adelunde123
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello Carson,

I would appreciate your help.  I am very new to Thumbtack and your Employer resists to making changes.

Without this changes, you will have many problems and you already now the company is not functioning very well.

I have sent message after message that I cannot change or remove the title of my company and the edit button does not correct or does not work.  Whoever is your tech support still don't "understand" your business and

set it up like it is a tech support.  There are many nuances which no one is getting.  Why can't I change the name  of my business?  I would like to change it to "Anne's Therapeutic Massage, Skin Care, and Health and Wellness Coach"

I have no idea where the location is to type in my profile for Therapeutic Massage and House/Pet Sitting Services.  I am new and your Business is too automated and the people who are setting up this System do not understand the difference between different jobs.

It's rediculous for Pros to accept your setup.  I have spent a whole day figuring out what to do to set up my profile.

You also do not make any corrections because it's too automated and you do not seem to check your Tech Master's work set up.

Respectfully,

Annerose Kmoch

Adelunde123@gmail.com

619 874-8523

0 Kudos
Adelunde123
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

OK, I am glad you ask.  For example you have a limited section under Massage, there is for example "Watsu" which is an important treatment for many people, and the treatment is in warm water with a bathing suite on.  Check it out on the WEB.

You do not correct errors or sentence structure for bilingual people.  I am a German national, but still lack to be perfect in writing Summaries or essays.  Your company makes enough money providing this service for the money you are receiving.

You sent prewritten/preprinted letters instead of responding to what the Pro really needs to know.

You are sending me a whole page and then tell me to customer support.  I was there with no help from you!

Tell me where and how to delete Derma Care and put in the name of my new company name, and also remove Annerose Kmoch because it also needs to be deleted but the delete button ignores my request.

At least you have figured out how to send you a message.

Respectfully,

Annerose Kmoch

0 Kudos
Moderator Jordan

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Adelunde123, I recently responded to your post here. However, there are a couple additional points you bring up here that I want to address.

If you want to change your business name, just follow these steps:

1. On a desktop or mobile web browser, go to your Profile page: https://www.thumbtack.com/profile/dashboard.

2. Looks like you have two profiles, so you'll want to select the one you wish to edit.

3. Once you've selected a profile, next to the business name you'll see an option to "Edit," click there.

4. From there, you'll have the ability to edit your business name. Make sure to hit Save after any changes.

You mentioned having difficulty with this. Are these the steps you've taken? If so, was there some sort of error message about not being able to save the business name?

I understand there's a lot to take on as a new professional and using Thumbtack can be confusing. This is why our Help Center was create. This article on editing your profile can be of great help: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/editing-my-profile

0 Kudos
Adelunde123
Level 5

Profile Location

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello,

I am still waiting for a response from you how to correct a heading for a profile because the Edit Button does not seem to work, and I have sent you several messages because I would like to receive some messages for quotes from you to customers.  

You have my Credit Card number and I only will accept messages on my computer not on my telephone. Please DO NOT provide my telephone number or use it for messages.  Because my telephone even though it is a Samsung, and service with T-mobile, the sound is very poor.

I will only communicate with Clients per e-mail.

The question is, how will you charge me if I don't respond to Clients by telephone?  What system is in place you do not use or abuse my credit card, like one Pro wrote you deducted $30.00 and he never got any jobs.

Please explained as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Annerose Kmoch

Adelinde123@gmail.com

I  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: Profile Location

Solved! Jump to solution

I shared steps for editing the business name in my post above. If you're still having issues, I'd suggest checking out these trouble shooting steps (they may seem simple but can make a big difference): https://help.thumbtack.com/article/basic-mobile-web-troubleshooting.

You're in control of how you get notified. On your notification page there's the option for by phone, email, or if both are turned off you'll just log into your account and view requests there: https://www.thumbtack.com/profile/notifications.

We charge for the connection. This means you will be charged the first time a customer reaches out to you by sending you a message on Thumbtack, scheduling an appointment with you through Thumbtack, or if they mark you as hired on Thumbtack. Once we make the connection, getting the hire is up to you. I'd recommend double checking your weekly budget and making sure it's set how you like. Once the budget is hit, we will stop connecting you with customers for that week: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/set-my-budget

You have a lot of valid questions and concerns about getting started. Sometimes it's easiest to speak versus message. Feel free to give us a call at 800-948-2034. Phone support is available Monday - Friday 7am to 8pm Mountain Standard Time.

0 Kudos