Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution
I will like to post some tutoring techniques and stategies.
More reviews too.
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for your post, @maryleeanddean!

You have a few options when asking customers for reviews. You can schedule a review request to be sent on a certain date, ask for reviews by email, and share your review link. Feel free to get creative when sharing your review link. We’ve seen pros print it on the back of business cards, share it in text messages, and post it on their social media accounts. To read more about how to Get reviews, check out our article in the Help Center. And be sure to let us know what’s working and what isn’t. Your feedback helps us make Thumbtack an even better place to find customers and grow your business.

0 Kudos
Soflowindows
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to know how much im paying before bidding. No boddy buys groceries without knowing the price!
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm more than a little baffled that Thumbtack is looking at changing something else when the last update made the system utterly uselesss.  Changing my profile isn't going to fix what's broken.  It's not going to land me more clients.  While a few of my clients have looked at my profile, the majority have not, so I'm not sure it's worth putting in a lot of effort to beef this up.

Changes that would be nice to see, if Thumbtack ever becomes a useful tool for me again:

• Work hour variation from one day to another (I work on the weekend, but not the same hours)
  • An option for flexible work hours (I can work evenings sometimes if that works best, or mornings depending on my schedule and client needs)
  • Tie in with a calendar so clients and potential clients know when we're busy/off/unavailable/booked
  • Ability for text-based pros (writers and editors) to post PDFs instead of jpgs.  Screen caps don't always capture the piece.
  • More customizable sections and some formatting ability within those - I suspect some folks don't read profiles is because they are a gigantic wall of text (very intimidating to the online reader), with little white space and formatting ability.  And what is relevant to me and my clients may not be relevant to a dog sitter, a caterer, or a construction pro.
  • Years of experience in addition to years with Thumbtack.
Shareen Mann
Freelance writer and editor with The Write Mann, LLC
DavideSpeaks
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'd love to see a dynamic profile where perhaps the first thing they see is a quick video we can upload about who we are, instead of having to only read about us.

endentured
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Instead of a photo I would prefer to post a video introduction. Ideally this would be located in the same spot as my profile photo. Just a thought.
monkifoto
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Allow different hours of operation for different days. 
ex my hours on weekend are different from weekday. 

RickB
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to have a place to bullet list the main services we offer. It would be great to have a Services Offered, or Top Services Offered.
Nwskyview
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to see "commerical drone pilot" under the section "Professsional Licenses". All commerical drone pilots are required to be licensed through the FAA.  This would allow customers to see you a legit commerical operatior and not just a hobbiest trying to make an extra dime.

You currently have a "remote pilot" selection that does not work correctly.  FAA licenses are nation wide, not by state. 

Joeybuttons
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to see the ability to chat with customers in real time as their viewing my profile.