Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Garret
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello! I'd like to see a section that outlines how the process of hiring works. I get so many people asking me, "What do I do now?" Maybe it could be included on their end as well. A lot of the time they'll ask the question and then hire somebody else. I feel like I'm being used because I'm getting charged for the contact and not a meaningful one. I think the steps the customer needs to take should be spelled out. Maybe they are and I don't see it because I'm on the other side of things. Aside from that, I'm happy with the changes Thumbtack has made over the last year. I know it's mentioned in the email but I'm excited to have a place where we can showcase our recent work. I feel it's buried on the profile page. Thanks Carson for all your hard work in making Thumbtack a better platform!

Suomalainen
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Carson P asked about state licenses.

In my field, my speciality, accounting and tax preparation, has a National Federal License.  It's called Enrolled Agent.  There are state licenses called CPAs, but a CPA does not necesssarily have a tax backgroujnhd and he / she may not prepare taxes.  (The University  curriculum usually has 1 only class in tax prepatration.)

There are (5 I think)  states (including Oregon and California) that have state licenses.

But I could not list my national "Enrolled Agent" license.

Wood007
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to see the people that don’t fall into the general category’s ( like myself) to get looked at for what they REALLY DO. For instance I’m in the fitness industry but I don’t work as a personal trainer or a nutritionist. I’m certified to do both but, what I would like to let the public KNOW about my business is I do Metabolic and Body Composition testing. It falls into the fitness field but it’s a special niche that people have no way of knowing is out there under your current categories. I’m sure there are others who would agree.
LexiAssist
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a Handyman and I find that the profiles are suited to other business types. I would like to see more control and options given to us. It would be nice to have better control on the hours available, to link the calendar feature to our personal calendars like goggle calendar. A better photo system that offers more control to us and our needs. I would also like to be able to download costumer images that they send. Quote templates should be way more useful and prevalent. I use a template for every message almost. Add a way to post a national license like an EPA license; currently we can only add state licenses. I would like to be able to have my company logo and a head shot on my profile. Help us brand our businesses more. Also present the profile in a way that the customer does not have to scroll to find things because they won't.

I have many more ideas on how to improve Thumbtack so that it works better for the contractor and would love to talk with someone about my ideas. Thank you for the opportunity.

dinanewman1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

It would be great if we could add tags that would be helpful to our profession instead of the pre-set tags that are offered.  It would also be great if there could be an organizing category as a stand alone category.

EdPurvis
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like my Top Pro badge front and center on my profile.
LauraC
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I am a pet sitter, and competition can be fierce. Ha ha. It does help to be able to present yourself to potential customers as a person as well as service provider. Hopefully, you will include a place where we can tell why we do what we do. Thanks for letting me comment. Laura C
ClarkParry
Level 4

Starting a Group Class

Solved! Jump to solution

We would like a mechanism to start a group class.  Contact prospective clients to take a group class on Facebook Live, or Skype.   WEbinar style.  How to market that.  A perfect example are the dozens and even hundreds of people who wanted nutrition guidance.  Personal Training for a large group can be done, we just don't know how to manage our Thumbtack to do this,

Jolli
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Our picture should be bigger. We should be able to have a background picture. Think facebook or any other professional social media website.

...Speaking of social media, we should have the ability to have integrated social media (FB, IG, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn) icons/buttons.

The profiles should be a lot more interactive, especially adding chatting capabilities (including video).

Customers should be able to search for us using key words (city, state, job category). They should also be able to have a one-click ability to reach out to us to engage us in their own request process. 

We should be able to have different pages with in our profile, to clearly seperate pictures, videos, word documents, excel files, resumes.

Basically, make it more up to date and less boring. 

coachanne
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I feel like my profile is a lot of text so that I can explain all the different things I do as a personal trainer.  However, I wonder if people actually read everything I write... I wonder if it can be off-putting.  It would be great to have a way to make the profile less text dependent while still being able to convey all the things I do and make it attractive to people