results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

Im tired of getting requests outside of my area!  And I reall hate the new pricing system.  It really varies, and it is way too much per quote considering that I have only had 3 new client this whole year.  Please fix this.  Thx.

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey there @CritterSitter have you looked over your advanced settings? Those are located at the bottom of the services section of your profile. There's an option to "request jobs near my travel area" and if that's turned on, you'll be getting requests out of your area. If you're still getting requests out of your area after that, please send me a PM with your email address and I can dig into things and see what's going on. 

brooksnotary
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hmmmm...perhaps refine the job categories a bit? I am a paralegal, but, legal services are directed at attorneys only. I offer document prep services, but have a hard time finding jobs to bid on. Sometimes I find jobs in Administrative, but, they are mostly looking for personal assistants and office assistants. Perhaps break the category down a bit more, i.e. 1) Personal Assistant 2) Virtual Assistant 3)Document Prep Assistance (subcategories, unlawful detainer, divorce, small claims, etc) ... Also thinking about business plans and business entity formation as subcategories under business consulting? This is what comes to mind so far, but I will contribute more ideas as they come to me.
jgarm07
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

One thing that would be very helpful for record keeping:

Under the Payments tab, there is a link to download a CSV file. The file only has date, type, and amount. Adding a field with the customer name would make it easier to match charges with estimates. Otherwise we have to open each individual Thumbtack invoice in our payment history to match the charges with our quotes.

Messiah
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
A good idea would be to also include the distance of the job from your current location. Sometimes they provide the address and sometimes just the town. I always have to open up maps to gauge that. So I think that would be useful. Thanks!
Eventsat5280
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

My concerns are not so much with the profile, but with the requests we get.  There are some things that would make huge improvements.

1.  I cannot bid on a job without knowing the date...that should be required. OR, if the client doesn't know the date, if I bid on it and then they tell me the date and I'm booked, I should get a refund. Otherwise I just don't bid on events without a date, which is a disservice to the clients.  Also on dates, I don't know what the client sees on their end but it must not be a clear question because OFTEN I get requests that show "date the work must be done" and the date is today.  Clients tell me they don't know what to put in that category on their end.  The questions may read funny.   For event planners...it should read, "What is the date of your event?"

2.  Budget doesn't come across clear.  When I look at budgets, I don't know if they are telling me an overall budget, or a budget for a product like linens, or a budget for my  time to handle the project.  I need to know two things...overall event budget (or a range), and budget for the planner.  Overall event budget is super important, please add that.

3. If the venue is chosen, I would love to know what it is, not just that it is chosen.  That would help a lot in my bids.

4.  I wish there was a way to communicate when a client is WAY off, rather than ignoring the bid.  For example, sometimes I see a client wants a full wedding planner and their budget is $200...average price is actually $1800 for wedding planners across the state. So this client is so far off she'll never get attention.  Maybe a checkbox to send back that informs them they are way off base.

Thanks!

Amanda

Principal, Events@5280

garymp62
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I dislike the small, round profile pic. A large, landscape photo would look more impressive to potential clients.
TrapperRick
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I know that in todays society the internet is often the first place potential customers turn. For example, in my field someone would google "squirrel removal" to find a pro to assisst them. Thumbtack odesn't appear in the top 5, thus realistically they have little chance of being the customers first choice. Maybe if they worked on getting to the top of search engine lists it would greatly assist us all?

Solved! Jump to solution

Could it be mandatory for clients to describe their projects! This would be specifically helpful for any art, design, web, or related industry project (those are the sector I am in). When a project comes in with no description professionals are applying but may not be qualified because the needs can vary so much.

People looking for TT pros rarely fill in this part of the project and this causes two major problems.

A) The Customer isn’t getting the right professionals bidding for the job which means they aren’t getting the best experience that TT and its pros can offer

B) the pros are wasting time by applying for jobs they are not fit for, and when they do bid on a project they are right for they dont have the appropriet information to help the client from the get go. It’s baaaaaaaad! 

DanielaB
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello Carson!
It’d be great if the pro’s profile included his/her years of experience on the job. I am new to Thumbtack but have thirteen years of experience in my career as a tutor. I’d like to showcase these numbers right next to the stars (reviews) under my name.