Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Lar
Level 9

Misleading '3 Month stats'

My 3 month Insights chart looks like this...

Image2.jpg

Thumbtack tells me that there are 111 Active Magicians in my area.

When I do a Search in my area (Orlando) for a Magician the Search results only show 19 Magicians. Remember, search results should show up to 30 Pros.

If there are 111 Active Magicians in Orlando but a Search for Magicians in Orlando shows 19 Magicians then where are the other 92 Pros hiding? I know they are Magicians, did they just 'disappear'?

Regards,
Laurence.

24 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Misleading '3 Month stats'

@Lar the number of active pros we're showing is a general sense of active pros in your market over the last three months. Although there are many active pros, they won't all appear on a customers search as there are many different factors that determine which pros show up on the list. If a pro has hit their budget, has set preferences that are different from the filters the customer selects, or are in a different zip code than what the customer is looking for, they won't show up. You'll see it vary. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

I've been informed by Thumbtack that the 3 month chart shows the number of Jobs and Active Pros in a 150 mile radius of my location.

If I switch on Pro my 3 month chart shows 497 Jobs and 111 Active Pros.

Image2.jpg

If I switch off Promote my 3 month chart shows 139 Jobs and 51 Active Pros.

Image5.jpg

The radius is the same (150 miles), the number of Jobs posted by customers should be the same, and the number of Pros should be the same - but they're not.

Why does the 3 month chart show different stats depending on whether Promote is on or off?

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Meckell

@Lar I just got some further clarification from our Product Team. When you aren't promoting, we show stats from a 50-mile radius of where you're located. When you are promoting, we show jobs and pros that are within the geo that you have set. Thanks for the patience while I got you some answers! 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

It looks like your product team have changed the '3 Month' stats @Meckell 

Two weeks ago I posted my 3 months stats, with Promote ON and Promote OFF (see first my post in this thread). This stats show Jobs and Active Pros in 'my area'. 

Two weeks ago, with Promote ON and a 150 mile travel radius, my 3 month stats were showing 497 Jobs and 111 Pros. You told me that

Two weeks ago, with Promote OFF, my 3 month stats were showing 139 Jobs and 51 Pros. The 'travel radius' if you're not using Promote you told me was 50 miles.

Seeing different '3 month stats' for when Promote was ON or Promote as OFF were expected.

I hadn't checked the stats since April 26 at which time they were unchanged.

Today though, May 4th, with Promote ON and still with a 150 mile Search radius, my 3 month stats are now showing 139 Jobs and 51 Pros. With Promote OFF, my 3 month stats are now showing 139 Jobs and 51 Pros. The exact same stats as when Promote is ON. This is wrong, something has changed with the way the system is collating these '3 Month stats'; the question is why?

Because of this and other things I've noticed with the '3 Month stats' I have reason to doubt and question their validity.

In the last two weeks since I've been monitoring this I have only seen TWO jobs in my Jobs tab. TWO jobs in 14 days and yet the 3 month 'Jobs' stat of 139 is unchanged from two weeks ago. I'm guessing that if I keep monitoring this then I'll get very occasional jobs in my jobs tab but I'll see the 3 month stats remain unchanged at 139 which wouldn't make any sense. At a rate of 1 job every two weeks the jobs in a 3 month period should only be 12, not 139. I'll monitor this and wait and see.

Also, and I've raised this before, there are supposedly 51 Active Pros in my area but a Search of my area only shows 17. Something isn't right here and I've hit a brick wall trying to get to the bottom of it to find out what's going on. I think these 3 Month stats are at best being miscalculated or at worst being exagerrated. They simply don't match my own observations of jobs being posted in the Jobs tab and the number of Pros apprearing in Searches for my area.

Regards,
Laurence

Moderator Meckell

Thanks for reaching out about this @Lar. I see that you are promoting right now so I'm seeing your insights showing what you stated above. The next time you turn promote off and you notice that your insights haven't changed, will you let me know? That way I can see first hand what you're seeing and can investigate further.

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

I just switched Promote OFF. 3 Month stats still showing 139 jobs and 51 Pros.

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Meckell

@Lar when switching promote on and off often, it can take some time for things such as insights to replicate. Let's give it until the end of the day and if it's still showing the same insights as when promote is on, we'll look into it. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

When I originally reported this issue switching between Promote ON and Promote OFF would immediately change the '3 Month Stats'.

I'll check my stats at the end of the day as you suggest @Meckell.

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Something INCREDIBLE happened today. 

A job appeared in my Jobs tab!!! I almost feinted in shock.

This is first job in my Jobs tab in two weeks. I had an amazing total of three jobs in my Jobs tab for April and I'm off to a fantastic start with one in May.

Granted the job is a 350 mile round trip and has a budget of less than $200 so I won't quote on it. But it does show that in my category although we have plenty of 'Views' (i.e. people doing Searches, 400-500 a month) very very few people are actually posting jobs, maybe 1-3 a month.

Image2.jpg

If I get another job this month I'll post it here. Let's see if the 139 jobs in my area being reported by Thumbtack is accurate.

Regards,

Laurence.