results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Lar
Level 9

Re: Misleading '3 Month stats'

@Meckell, I checked my 3 Month stats this morning, still showing 139 jobs and 51 Active Pros.

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for the update @Lar. I'm looking into this and will get you answers as soon as I have more info. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Still on 139 jobs and 51 Active Pros.

How very strange indeed that I hardly ever see any Jobs on the Jobs tab but the 3 month stats never seem to change.

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

3 Month stats are still stuck on 139 jobs and 51 Active Pros. No jobs over last two days.

Looks like the old 'give the system time to replicate' angle isn't working @Meckell. Looks like your product team don't know what's going on with this do they? Or are you still waiting to hear back from them. 

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hey @Lar you mentioned that promote was off and on and you were going to leave it off for a few days and get back to me. Thanks for letting me know that your stats are still the same. I sent this in to be looked into and will get back to you once I have some answers. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Right, I just received a PM from @Meckell on this issue.

Apparently the product team made an undocumented change to the '3 Months Insight' stats. Now it only shows stats based on a 50 mile radius regardless of whether you are using Promote or not.

Previously the stats were for a 50 mile radius if your weren't using Promote or if you were using Promote the stats were for whatever your travel radius was set to.

No idea why they made this change or why they didn't bother to document it.

BTW: My 3 Month insights are still showing 140 Jobs and 52 Active Pros yet I never see any jobs in my jobs tab.

Regards,
Laurence.

Highlighted
Lar
Level 9

An INCREDIBLE event happened today May 16th!!!

I got another Job in my JOBS tab...

Image2.jpg

The previous job I saw in my Jobs tab was back on May 6th, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. The one before that was on April 21 when I started tracking this.

My '3 Months Insights' is still showing 140 Jobs and 52 Active Pros. It has been pretty much the same since April 21 yet all I've seen are 3 jobs total on my Jobs tab since April 21.Image3.jpg

I am still awaiting a proper explanation as to why '3 Month Insights' shows far more jobs than I'm actually seeing in my jobs tab.

Oh yeah, and a Search of my 'area' only shows 18 Pros, not 52.

Regards,
Laurence.

JSGDS
Level 7

@Lar  What is your point here?  Are you honestly upset that the insight stats aren't being updated as fast as you want?  I just did a search for magicians in your area and your at the top of the search page, that's great!  Stop worrying about the insight reports and start working on updating your profile, playing with templates, trying different entertainment fields, and figuring out how to get jobs booked Smiley Happy  now that your at the top, keep your focus on staying there!

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

@JSGDS, no I'm not upset that my 3 Month Insight stats aren't being updated fast enough.

I've been trying to figure out why 3 Month stats show 139 jobs in the last 90 days and I've seen maybe 5-6 of those jobs in my Jobs tab.

In the last 90 days there have been only 4 hires in my area (I was one of them) and in that time I've only had 3 proper leads reach out to me. There have apparently according to Thumbtack been 139 jobs in my area in the last 90 days? I don't think so. No way.

...start working on updating your profile, playing with templates, trying different entertainment fields, and figuring out how to get jobs booked Smiley Happy  now that your at the top, keep your focus on staying there!

I'm very happy with my Profile, thank you. Playing with templates - happy with those too, not that I use them anymore because there are no jobs. Different entertainment fields -  like what, Singing, Dancing, Balloon Twisting - I'm a Magician mate.

Figuring out how to get jobs booked? I know how to do that. I'm successful at it on other platforms and with my other marketing activities. I was previously successful on Thumbtack too. Not anymore though purely and simply because Thumbtack generates so few leads. I know it's not just me. I know some of the Magicians in my area, we talk. They hardly get hired anymore on Thumbtack either.

Regards,
Laurence.

JSGDS
Level 7

@Lar  Sounds like you got it figured out and your booking most of the jobs that come in your area.  Have you tried exploring other marketing techniques to get more work?

0 Kudos