Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
Highlighted
StoriesUpSTL
Level 7

Music Videos

Can you please start to REQUIRE musicians to post a streaming link to their song? (Soundcloud, Spotify, etc).  I'm sick of spending $42 to get in contact with someone who is "about to go into the studio".  

I believe this will eliminate 3 common problems that I've seen:

1)  Customer's who aren't really serious musicians.  Pros can hear the song and know that the artist is being honest.  They have a recorded song.  This is not someone who is dillusional.  No "I'm about to get in the studio real soon..." messages.

2)  Songs that are offensive to the pros.  Pros can decide if they want to work with the artist based on the song.  I'm also sick of paying $42 to find out that it's a rap song about killing cops.  Call me narrow minded, but I would pass if I knew this up front.

3)  It would crack down on the jobs posted by minors.  I've responded to a number of customers that turned out to be 14-16 years old.  

1 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Music Videos

@StoriesUpSTL you bring up some valid concerns and I think that this is a great suggestion. I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to our Product Team to look into.

As far as jobs being posted by minors, that is against our Terms of Use. If you find that a job is posted by a minor, please let us know and we'll get it taken care of. Thanks for reaching out, I hope you have a great week! 

0 Kudos