Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

New Look in Jobs Tab

I've heard of a few Pro peers mention this today. Just showed up now in my Jobs tab.

Is this part of the April changes? If so, it's not a major change. We know what the Jobs tab is about, and we know how to show up high in searches. Do we need another "click here(look yourself up)" to learn? I was expecting a different type of change. I don't mean to be sarcastic in any shape or form, but can anyone want to please explain this update?

20190422_141637.jpg

0 Kudos
7 responses
MR
Level 10

Re: New Look in Jobs Tab

@DJStevie I am seeing this now - seems to be a lure to turn on promote. It is not an enhancement to the system by any means. 

MR
Level 10

@DJStevie But the tease line is sort of interesting - Look Yourself Up seems kind of an odd way of trying to get me to hit a button. Soimething like "See how you rank vs your peers" seems to be more appropriate of a tease button.

Exactly! All the changes point towards that

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie while you may be fully aware of when a job will show up in the Jobs tab, please keep in mind that we're trying to make sure this is clear to ALL pros that may not yet have that understanding. Along with letting pros know that showing up high in the ranking is important, we're working to also make it easier for them to check on and see where they rank by clicking on "Look yourself up".

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

Where I can understand trying to have the newbies see it, it's yet another change that we just saw without warning. Though it's a minor change, it's yet another change that we are surprised at seeing.

As for the "look yourself up", that rank isn't what customers see when they set their preferences, true? As each filter ranks Pros  differently. I could be number 1 in one search, then with different filter, I can be number 4..

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie the view you see when you click on "Look yourself up" will be as the customer sees it along with any filters they may apply. For example, I just clicked on yours to see you listed as #1, but then if I click on the 1-hour option you are no longer shown since it doesn't match with your preferences.

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

It looks awesome.