Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
JSGDS
Level 7

Re: New Platform

@Dessi

I couldn't agree more, well said!

I see so many pros complaining "TT needs to do this" "TT dont work for me" "TT is unfair to me" and I just shake my head.   If want to build a successful business  YOU need to figure out how to benefit with the resources you have.  

Dessi
Level 6

@JSGDS, exactly!
We can direct the same precious energy and time to commenting constructively and finding solutions for our individual biz models and for a tool that has tremendous potential. We always have a choice...
0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

This site can be so confusing. Did they do away with the budget thing? Where you set a weekly budget for quotes??? 

If Not, can someone explain to me hpw to increase my weekly budget? I have looked everywhere and cannot find this.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@missannienow

Budget is still there as what I was told. If Promote is on, they send out so many quotes until your budget is met. But we don't get charged until customer reaches out to us, even with their generic reply. I've voiced my opinion along with many other pros, and gave my suggestions on how to improve it, but as always nobody listens, if they did, it would be taken care of already. My Promote is off and will continue to stay off until they improve it. I can't be charged for numerous generic quotes and not see customer profile until that generic quote is sent.

But yes, budget is still there. Check under Services.

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

I never even got any notice about Promote, so I have to assume I dont have it turned on. 

I honestly do not know why I have such trouble with TT! I have a high IQ. I may not be techie at all, but I sure am smart and this site always, always, confuses me and confounds me. Nothing on MY screen seems to match what you guys talk about. This budget thing is a perfect example.

But - thank you so much for trying to help me, Stevie. You must be a good guy. 

By the way, I plan on working on that [project we discussed this weekend. Wish me luck!

DJStevie
Level 12

@Dessi@JSGDS

I've voiced my opinions as to why Promote isn't working for me, and majority of the Pros gave their opinions as well. I also gave many reps suggestions to improve it, others have as well. We are all entitled to our opinions, as both of you are. Believe me, I'm trying to make a go of this, but being a DJ and if I receive 20 generic replies for let's say $20 each, how does that work for me? I need to see how much a lead costs, check customer profile to see if customer is a good fit for me. I just can't do business with someone I feel isn't a good fit, as a customer would do the same to pros.  I currently have Promote off, as I've had more success booking the old way, and will contine to keep Promote off until Thumbtack improves it. They may or may not, and that's fine by me. But hoping they do improve it.

Dessi
Level 6

@DJStevie, exactly! Use to the best of our business abilities the tools that are available, make constructive suggestions, and encourage positive change by giving credit where credit is due. Evolving and adapting to a new environment is a part of business just as much as it is a part of biology. Being backed into negativity and spending precious energy into bringing down someone else's efforts is never a productive investment of time.
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Dessi

The new system may be working for you, and that's great. But a new system was put in place without asking all pros what their thoughts were. The Promote isn't working for me, as I said , I gave my insights and suggestions to many reps on the forum, private message and via phone. I know that majority of the Pros have voiced their own issues and suggestions, but personally, I don't see anything happening to improve it. It's been a month now that I've voiced my concerns, and to be honest, don't feel anything will ever happen.

Will I continue to use a new format after I've had success the old way? No. The old format is still there, and I was told to be put high on a list, I need to turn Promote on. But I won't as I know what will happen, I will be charged for many generic replies, and I can't do business that way. In the long run, I'll lose money and will have to charge a higher fee after having a reputation in being a very honest DJ with affordable fees.

Dessi
Level 6

I hear you, @DJStevie. AutumnElectric also voiced similar concerns two weeks ago. Take a look at my two posts to him. One of my services has Promote and the other doesn't because that's what makes most sense... at the moment. It has been a bit shaky in the past month, but I am making decisions daily as to what works with my business model and am really learning a ton from the "View Competition" and Sent Quotes tabs about the behavior of the customer base. I also lowered my price ever so slightly a few days back, and reached out to past customers and quotes sent (didn't choose me) to let them know. That exposure on leads is mine to keep Smiley Happy
0 Kudos