Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
bhaughery
Level 4

New Top Pro Limitations

Solved! Jump to solution

I wonder why we are being removed from Top Pro status when most of us have worked hard to earn the position. It doesn't seem to make sense that past 4.8-5.0 reviews should be eliminated from counting toward Top Pro status. I operate a small second business on Thumbtack and it took me over a year to earn my reviews. Now it seems I will lose my status if I don't keep up a higher volume. Why penalize those of us who can't meet your volume standards for reviews. 

Occupations (1)
States
2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Re: New Top Pro Limitations

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey @bhaughery,

Top Pro status has always been based on your reviews in the previous 12 months.  That hasn't changed.  We do this to make sure that our Top Pros are individuals who are currently delivering exceptional customer experiences. 

Of course, we know that the Top Pro criteria are challenging -- they're meant to be! Only 4% of all Thumbtack pros currently qualify for Top Pro status.  But while it's hard, we know you can do it.  And we're rooting for you.

For more on the Top Pro program, see here: https://www.thumbtack.com/pro-center/top-pro/

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question @bposton.There are three situations in which we count your responsiveness: replying to a customer’s message, responding to a booking request, and declining a job. Your responsiveness score shows how quickly you respond to your new customers. Specifically, it counts the percentage of new customers you respond to within 24 hours of getting the lead. You can check your responsiveness score in your Insights. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
7 responses

Solved! Jump to solution

Where is this new qualification listed, please?

0 Kudos
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey @bhaughery,

Top Pro status has always been based on your reviews in the previous 12 months.  That hasn't changed.  We do this to make sure that our Top Pros are individuals who are currently delivering exceptional customer experiences. 

Of course, we know that the Top Pro criteria are challenging -- they're meant to be! Only 4% of all Thumbtack pros currently qualify for Top Pro status.  But while it's hard, we know you can do it.  And we're rooting for you.

For more on the Top Pro program, see here: https://www.thumbtack.com/pro-center/top-pro/

0 Kudos
bhaughery
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

My opinion, for what it is worth is there shouldn't be a 12-month quota added to the criteria. Once you've earned you should keep it unless your accumulated reviews bring you down. Seems to penalize smaller companies that may not do volume. I've put my subscription on hold for now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mnjn
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I received a warning from Thumbtack ,

Basically saying I'm not responding within a "new response limitation" imposed by the some TT ceo. 

Like many here, it took me awhile to earn the Top Pro badge and I was proud to receive and I believe it helped win some "Your Hired's". 

My issue is that some criteria is harder to track from TT automation than other.  My issue for example is the newly added response time. This one caused me to loose my badge.  There are many issues with this: Here a few:  1.  The customer when they do a review, there is a scale for response time already.  So the TT computer isn't necessary even for trying to calculate a complicated response time eval.   If the customer didn't like our response time , we would not have received a 5 on that scale.  If TT wants to put the customer's  repsonsive rating into the overall Top Badge mix that would be fine.  TT doesn't even report on what customer nailed response time nailed you.. but that is another story..

2. Having the TT computers determine this scale is problematic,  For example, they don't report to you which customers they're dinging you on.  Some customers might be late nite person's  so they leave a message after business hours,  or they leave a message that doesn't really require a response.  "Ok see you at 3pm"   messages like that I feel being a business person I know what to respond to and we always respond in a timely manner.. or like I said the customer will ding you in the review.

In conclusion, I would eliminate criteria  that is problematic to track via the TT programs.  Trust the customers reviews, that is what we have to go by.  Now even after we have a customer give a high rating, we have a TT computer that says "NO" we know better and we're going to ding your response time, even though the customer isn't right about their review they posted.. we at TT know better.

Their "new" and self promoted "improved" quoting system isn't working for either, so I've started  weaning off TT.

As one of their older business client  and top pro "at least according to the reviews the TT customers posted for me to my profile.. my review for your new system and new pro rating change would be as follows:

My previous review rating for TT  "5"  Plus, I even got some pros to sign up.

Your recent  Review rating  " for you recent system changes" "0" ...  but hey I know you can can do it..  keep trying harder ..  "you can do it!"

But, I can see how it might generate more money for TT.  But the old model seemed clever too..  bring people together.. get pros to help promote TT, TT makes money by high volume of traffic,   TT even kicked back some  credits...  

I tried to kudo some of the posts.. but that did seem to be working. fyi..   

0 Kudos
bposton
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have the same issue/question: What is the data behind the response time calculation? I keep being told that I don't quality for top pro even though I have 5.0 reviews (every single one so far is 5.0) but yet for some reason my response time is 68% instead of 75%. But yet they don't give me the data!! I would love to know when I did not respond within the time allowed because to my recollection I have always responded within that time. How is this calculated? Is it calculated only on the first response from a prospect, or all communication? Do they account for the fact that I might be sleeping at 3am when a prospect responses to a quote?

I really would like to speak with someone about this - for my specific data case. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question @bposton.There are three situations in which we count your responsiveness: replying to a customer’s message, responding to a booking request, and declining a job. Your responsiveness score shows how quickly you respond to your new customers. Specifically, it counts the percentage of new customers you respond to within 24 hours of getting the lead. You can check your responsiveness score in your Insights. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
JoeB131
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

And this is kind of my complaint with how this is rated.  

If I get 5 five star reviews, I can make Top Pro.   But if I got 22 Five Star reviews, 2 Four star reviews and 1 one star review, I would top out at 4.76.  Clearly, I made a lot more people happy than Mr. Five Reviews, but under those circumstances, an arbitrary mathematical formula would cut me off, even if I blew the other two metrics out of the water. 

This isn't as problematic as the pricing issues,mind you, but it's a concern.  

I'm also not entirely sure how I got a 93% response rate, as I respond to every request I get. (the problem is with the automated choices,most of those inquiries aren't serious at $16.09 a pop!) 

I'll probably make Top Pro for this period, but next year, probably not.  

0 Kudos