results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
E-Rock
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

And I agree we should bring back the question of what's the person's budget!

MHevents
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

In the past, the client was able to list what their budget was in their profile. I would look at that to see if I should even respond. I have 2 businesses on here, event/wedding planning along with wardrobe styling. They were able to list their budget when it came to events, but not wardrobe styling. It would be nice to have that both offered to both clients.

One helpful thing would be is letting the client know what the price range is based on what they're looking for BEFORE they submit their inquiry. This would be able to filter out those people that are wanting a full wedding planner for $500 or a wardrobe stylist for $30. I think this would go for any business. 

Another thing would have it be required for clients to fill out what exactly what they're looking for including what they need help with. Sometimes I cant even tell what package they are looking for and then all of a sudden I'm getting charged $50 for a quote.  

0 Kudos

Why is thumbtack so regressive with its policies and attempts to improve its platform?

Solved! Jump to solution

I can't wrap my head around things like:

Potential customers don't have to post any type of budget so there's no way to know who the pretenders are and who real customers who can afford your services yet we still get charged when they message you and you have to fight to get a refund from tire kickers

Why aren't cinematographers like myself with 8K reds and high end glass lighting etc.. put in a different category than these college kids with best buy cameras to differentiate us so we're not bidding on low end jobs with no budget?

Why is thumbtack moving to a no bid model where people look through profiles to find someone?  With the bid model those who get there first have a better chance of getting hired and closing the deal.  

Highlighted
Serendipity
Level 5

Re: No Client Budget...How Will Fees Be Determined?

Solved! Jump to solution

I have asked 3 times what I am  charged per bid.  I did not receive a response.  I watched the video that was supposed to explain my charges, there was nothing that told how TT decides what they are charging. So bidding on a job with no idea what I amount of money I am paying to bid is ridiculous.  Every once in awhile, I check to see if anything has changed. I see a customer has questions, click over and get a message asking what my monthly budget is.  I decide not to bid (nothing has changed), and I exit the app.  The next thing i know, I receive a message that the customer is reviewing my bid.  I DON'T WANT TO BE CHARGED WHEN I HAD NO INTENTION OF BIDDING.

My only option is to mark TT as spam and then I will no longer have to deall with them

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Serendipity I checked into your account for you to see if I could help clear things up. Since you're currently not using Instant Match you'll be able to see what the cost of a contact will be before you send out your quote. When sending out a quote below the customer's name there will be a description and a "Learn More" link. Click on that link to see what the cost of the connection will be. What you're charged will always be changing and depend on the service you offer, details of the job, and demand in your area. If there was a time that you send out a quote and didn't mean to please send me a direct message with some additional information and I can look into it with you. 

0 Kudos
mbidstudio
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Wow! All this complaining about not knowing in advance the cost of a quote  and it took this long to expalin where the cost was hiding? Has this been there all along or did you just start this? I am shocked! 

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@mbidstudio this was an update we made a little bit ago. We also made an announcement about it on the Community, which you can see here. Thanks for reaching out! 

0 Kudos
Serendipity
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Thank you for your response, and Thumbtack has simply become too much of a headache.Please do not send me any more leads
If you should at some point go back to the way you used to run your business, feel to contact me