Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
hoosierok
Level 4

Re: No Client Budget...How Will Fees Be Determined?

Solved! Jump to solution

I was on the fence as to weather I was going to drop TT and go exclusively in another direction.  I really don't want to, but there is NO WAY I am going to blindly bid on a job that has no budget.  I am just not that much of a risk taker!  I just cannot see this being a good decision by TT.  Yes, I read the "reason" posted by TT and I have to be honest, I chuckled.  We have relied heavily on TT in the past, but we just can't anymore.  We don't have the "extra cash flow" to blindly bid on quotes with no budget.  Curious to see how this goes......

Vensent
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Your rationale makes no sense what so ever.  Change it back.  I raised the same complaint when you took it away from DJ's  and now you have expanded it.  It has been a disaster for DJ services and now it will be for the rest of the new list.     No it will not and has not and cannot make more money for the pro.  "He who mentions money first looses"  If I bid higher than expected = ignored  If I bid lower than expected = ignored or loose potential money.    It is a loose loose proposition.  The first question about money at a face to face is "What is your budget?"

cklowry
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

BS. Customers know what they won't pay so they DO have budgets in mind.  Removing the budget has made your service completely useless. 

Solved! Jump to solution

-"We want you to set the job price not the customer" Well this is going to kill my business and if you haven't noticed from this community, is going to kill a lot of other businesses as well. Since thumbtack started introducing the budget question, business has been great. Some jobs I bid on, some I don't. It even gives pros just starting out a better chance to bid on the smaller jobs.  Customers can easily get an idea of cost by simply typing in google "average cost of videography or photograher." 

-"You could earn more" The chance that a customer is willing to spend more than the actual job costs is significantly rare. Most customers start low. The beauty of setting a budget is if they set it too low, then they may only get a few bids, if they set it higher, they get a few more, but atleasts the pros get to choose which jobs they want to bid on.  

-"You'll evaluate more accurately" Wrong. Just because I know how many people will be at a video production shoot or how long the shoot is for isn't going to help in quoting more accurately.  What did help, was knowing how much they were willing to spend and therefore, I was able to give potential customers options with that particular budget. 

Listen to your pros! We are the ones paying for this service, we are thumbtacks source of revenue. If you truly value your pros, then all you have to do is read the many posts regarding this issue.

Solved! Jump to solution

Please show me an example of a pro complaining that he or she doesn't want to see the customers budget. I refuse to bid on jobs without it, this was a terrible decision that was made without the pros in mind.  When the budget was in place, all bidders knew where the customer stood and it was more about the quality and experience of the professional instead of "who's the cheapest." I've worked in the video production field for 20 years and knowing a persons budget is key. When you had that prompt in place, it worked great, I felt I had more control over which leads I chose to bid on. This change was strictly made with the customer in mind, not the pro. I've also asked for years if Thumbtack could add a "willingness to hire" prompt because 90% of leads go unanswered. People are just window shopping. You all claim to listen but honestly, I haven't seen one change that had the pros best interest in mind. Except for adding the budget question...but then you took that away and you can give me hundreds of reasons why but we all know it was because real professionals weren't bidding on the lesser jobs which hurt your pockets. So you got rid of the budget prompt and now we are back to pros bidding blindly and now there's more of a chance for pros to be charged for simple reply's like "sorry, this is out of my price range." or "sorry, i didn't realize how much this cost."

Listen to the pros, there are hundreds on this community board that are outraged over this. Do the right thing here.

No budget range ... no phone... NO BID!!!!!!

Solved! Jump to solution

I can't bid on Jennifer C's wedding because there is no budget indicated and I'm not about to be charged $54 if she responds!!! No phone number... no budget range... NO BID!!!

DCFGCatering
Level 8

Re: No budget range ... no phone... NO BID!!!!!!

Solved! Jump to solution
As a caterer I cannot send anyone a message until I know their budget.

Sorry.

How did you think this was a good idea.
ChefZacki
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

durham magazine picture.jpgCooking w/the kidsHow, What, When, Where, Budget? are 5 of the most important questions for us pros "TO KNOW" before taking a chance on a bid, now with 14 other pros. No one wins, if this is the case, except one pro and thumbtack...For the first time I saw a TT commercial last night and having been in the business (100 commercials as a Ford model) I know how much they cost. Huge! This would be one of the places that our money goes...There was a time that I felt in a unique club and valued for my experience and that I brought something of worth. And, once upon a time, for my international L'Oreal commercials," the last words were: "Because I am worth it."...We all are "worth it" and should be placed in consideration as opposed to a possible client just fishing and has NO IDEA that we pay for the cast into the pond. Once, when I told a prospective hire that we had to pay for her contact, she said that she would not be using me because we started off on the wrong foot. 

"We LOVE to hear your feedback, "I was told by a polite young lady on the other end of the line today when I called the Utah TT office to ask about 3 contact replies that to me were not valid. She refunded, as a "courtesy" one of them, and suggested that I add more information to my profile...So, here is my question: 

What are the true intentions of Thumback to make this association BETTER for their loyal pros? This is not to make more money for themselves, treat the customer as if they are the priority, but to make the pros, the backbone of success for TT, a priority. SOMETHING needs to change...not "we are working on it," but NOW.

Chef Zacki Murphy                                                                                                                                            Zacki's Culinary Creations, Durham , NC

Kimv2003
Level 6

Budget per person

Solved! Jump to solution
Seriously thumbtack now you guys have removed the budget per person cost that these people are willing to pay??? Wow are you trying to set us up for failure ??? SMH!!!
lark
Level 6

Re: Budget per person

Solved! Jump to solution

Absolutely ridiculous, especially in catering!! I have already scaled back on quoting due to the new pricing structure. I have been with TT for some time and most of my business has come through the site. I guess it's time to look into other, more affordable options. So disappointing!!