results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
DareToTaste
Level 4

Price Per Person (chefs/catering)

Solved! Jump to solution

What happened to customers including their PRICE PER PERSON for us chefs/caterers? It is literally impossible to give somebody a food quote when we have no idea what their budget is. This option HAS TO BE PUT BACK IN for people planning weddings, cocktail parties, etc.

Thumbtack, please fix this. We have to know their budget. 

Rjc
Level 6

Re: Price Per Person (chefs/catering)

Solved! Jump to solution
Any answers to the budget question?
0 Kudos
jdpage
Level 6

Noticing More Jobs Going Unbid - how is this working for you TT?

Solved! Jump to solution

Going through all of the requests that are sent in every day and noticing that probably 80% of them are remaining unbid even after a full day or two. How is this new system working out? It seems to me like pros are speaking out with their lack of bidding. We in the photography industry want budgets provided and we want to go back to the old system of paying a much smaller flat fee just to send our bid rather than a much higher magical fee only if someone contacts.

Moderator Meckell

Re: Noticing More Jobs Going Unbid - how is this working for you TT?

Solved! Jump to solution

@jdpage if you're noticing "0 pros contacted" on a request, that doesn't mean that the customer hasn't received any quotes, that means that they haven't yet responded to any quotes. Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks for reaching out!

0 Kudos
jdpage
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

While I know that - jobs are sitting for days and the clients aren't contacting anyone. You think when pros see 15 or 20 jobs stacked up that are days old without any contact they would begin to doubt these requests are authentic, valid requests?

HansenJC
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

@jdpage  I think that Photographers have unique challenges with customers who look for pricing by using Thumbtack. But your description of the number of requests is a puzzle to me. What I see in the Home Inspection category is so few requests in my inbox that it makes me want to stand on a a street corner with a sandwich board that reads: "WILL INSPECT HOMES FOR FOOD AND A THUMBTACK REQUEST - (REVIEWS WILL BE NICE TOO)".

Right now I am tracking the Requests and puzzling over issues like: "Why does Thumbtack tell me there are 294 requests for Home Inspection over the past 90 days (as seen in my Insight Report), and I see no more than a handful in my in-box. Some weeks I see zero. When I was using Instant Match I only got three quotes sent total. 3of 294 is about 1%.

I'd like to see "15 to 20 stacked up that are days old" as you describe in your post above.

How does Thumbtack portray the cost of photography to customers?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
jdpage
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I haven't looked at the consumer facing side to see what customers are asked. Recently they took away the ability for customers to put their budget into the request, so the number of jobs I'm bidding has crawled to a halt (unless I feel like they have provided enough info that shows the request is serious)

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
I see lots of requests that sit in my “request” folders that sit there for days. I follow up on the rare ones I quote to see if they hired anyone at all - - nope. What TT is saying and what I see don’t mesh.
jcp
Level 9

No client budget

Solved! Jump to solution
What the community is saying about triple prices, now competing against 14 others, not asking for budget - are exact reasons why I stopped quoting headshots - pretty much stopped quoting any jobs. TT can not “value” a job without a budget. TT can not asses what they think the job should pay when an overwhelming amount of customers are low end spenders and TT advertise as “affordable” . Then tell the public what the true cost range should be before they put out a request. Educate your customers first then. Over the years I have suggested many times that TT bases it’s cost on quotes on everything except the budget.. which is backwards. It should be the main factor in determining cost to quote. It’s also one of the main determining components when determining if the request is within our own capabilities or cost range. Like I’ve suggested before, person A and person B want the same exact photographer service, same amount of time, same style , etc. but A has a budget of $300 and B has a budget of $800. We have the luxury of being flexible and can do both jobs if we want. But the VALUE of each is different. Therefore, the cost to quote must be as well. And TT has never taken that into consideration. I’ve done jobs below my true value and above. That’s the beauty of being self employed.

Continuing, I can not waste time quoting jobs against 14 others without knowing budget. Let alone the mere fact I now have 14 others to compete with. I do not use instant match. I would find myself having to quote everything all the time because my odds have decreased now. It’s a waste of time for all of us. Oh - and instant match can not work for my business. I’m sure customer service is staying very busy as pros are calling in asking for refunds on quotes.

Can not believe that TT - Marco - can not see this is so far off base. But is was approved and is in place. Really hard to comprehend the business sense of that choice.

Yesterday I went to Home Depot because I am remodeling my kitchen and the first thing I look at in molding department is the cost of the molding and what my budget is. I cant afford the style I want. If there was no price on that molding and I have to walk it all the way up to the register and pay not knowing. Or walk all the way to the register for them to say “it’s $3.50 a foot”. Waste of time to walk to the register to find that out. It just made me think of what TT has chosed to do i I imagine if that was true in other aspects of business transactions. Not knowing cost. Ha. Try it for a day. Beyond comprehension that Marco would not let us know budget range in a budget based profession such as videography and photography.

Re: No Client Budget...How Will Fees Be Determined?

Solved! Jump to solution

This is a way for Thumbtack to push everyone to start using Instant Match instead of manually quoting. Because with Instant Match Thumbtack's profits are skyrocketing vs. the old way of pros sending quotes themselves. In the Instant Match environment, potential clients reach out to multiple pros all with the click of some auto-generated response such as: "Sounds good! What next?" and if you take a look at your insights you'll see most potential clients will have sent that same auto response to multiple other pros and that is money in the bank for Thumbtack. 90% of the clients that reach out with those auto response questions never follow up.