Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
TTP
Level 1

No budget info on requests, latest fail

Solved! Jump to solution

Just got notified that requests will no longer come with budget info.  FAIL. 

Even though customers may not know exactly what they want to spend, they at least give an initial range with the request, and that allows us to decide if we want to engage.  Now, all requests will look the same when they're really not.

This may be the last straw for me.  The changes to fees made me feel like I was shooting in the dark about what it might cost me to pursue (not win) a job.  Now I'll be completely in the dark, about how much the project might be worth AND how much I'm spending to chase it.

Boo.  No Bueno.

Re: No budget info on requests, latest fail

Solved! Jump to solution
I just got that email and wondered how fast someone would post about it ! Another horrible change pretty everyone here will not like this. My guess is the real reason its being done is they are not getting many bids on lower budget jobs because of the higher fees. As a photographer I am no longer bidding at all on anything that wont net me at least $225 after the fee and I see a lot of portrait requests in the 150-200 zone. Budget is often the main factor in my decision to bid as I do not like Instant match.
There is another post asking how they are determining our fee without knowing the value of the job and that is a good question ! Every week I hope for an email with positive news from Thumbtack and instead they found a way to make it even worse . Im redoing and adding significantly to my Adwords campaign because sadly im getting a lot less work from Thumbtack when before 1/3 of my clients came from here! At the very least it needs to go back to no more than 5 bids. Extremely depressed about whats happened !
JENNIFER2018
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I can't help but wonder...I bid the catering for a job with no budget only to get a message from the potential client telling me I'm way out of their budget range and BAM! I'm charged because of a connection from the potential client.  Sooooooo not only did I not get the job, I just got charged (a fee determined by who knows what formula) for a job I would never have gotten.  

Solved! Jump to solution

Very interesting.

With the latest diabolical being the removal of "INSIGHTS" data from the ONLINE Pro dashboard, I've started perusing around the forums to see if there was anyone else having a problem with the haphazard changes that are continually being made on this platform without the slightest inkling that TT has ever bothered to ask the people that these changes would impact the most... the ONLINE Pros themselves?

I'm also surprised to see the recent dissatisfaction from ONLINE Pros concerning the removal of job requests no longer being required to submit a budget. My business focus is Strategic Planning, Branding (Logo Design), Marketing and Web development. The requirement for job requesters to submit a project budget for these categories was eliminated almost a year ago!! (Much to the dismay of yours truly as well as the numerous comments submitted stating that this was required content that was necessary to adequately respond to said requests.)

As all of us should be quite aware of by now, it appears that any comments submitted by ONLINE Pros questioning changes in policy/process are simply ignored. I am sure that all of us have numerous occasions regarding changes in policy and procedure that directly affect the ROI for ONLINE Pros who actively participate on this platform - and actually pay for it. This lack of response to the needs of ONLINE PRos as well as transparency into how job requests are actually processed on this platform has been steadily been eroding the credibility of this enterprise, and is the reason why more and more experienced and credible professionals have found it not worth it to participate any further. 

Feedback and comments are appreciated (all those except for the corporate trolls who repeatedly try to misdirect credible conversations on this forum - yes, it's pretty easy to figure out who you are).

0 Kudos
Candi
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree there should be a budget for the clients to choose to give us an idea of what to spend. 

leogoz
Level 5

" Starting Monday, customers will no longer be asked for their budgets." This has to be a joke. Over the lsst few days I have made calls to Thumbtack about the new pricing. I have no idea what the cost would be to send a quote. I have been cahrge 30+  and 40+ because a prespective clients asked a question. And looking back I have received the same response from a client " sounds grea what do we do next". only to respond mulitiple times and they have dissapeared.

The only thing I see as that this service is no longer honest and viable as a source to reach perspective clients.

How do they expect me to quote a photogtaphy assignment with no idea as to the customers budget. I constantly recieve requests ( which I would never respoind to) for wedding photography that the couple wants 8 or more hours coverage all of the images and a set of prints for under $500 or less.

The only reason I see is so Thumbtack can charge all of us way to much money.

jdpage
Level 6

I couldn't have said it better myself!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This does NOOOOOOOOOT work!!!!!!!!!!! I always skip jobs that don't provide budgets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means that I can't create custom packages to fit their budget!!!!!! If I bid it at my full price they'll never hire me if they have a low budget! if I bid it at a discounted rate, I'll never get paid my full normal rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've taken a NINE THOUSAND DOLLAR hit this year because I've had to cut my price in half to bid on most of the jobs because I'm bidding against 14 people instead of only 2-4 because of the stupid new system! THIS MEANS THAT I'LL HAVE TO CUT MY PRICES IN HALF ON ALL THE REST OF THE JOBS BECAUSE I WON'T KNOW IF THEY HAVE A LOW BUDGET OR A NORMAL BUDGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!!!!!!! without a budget I NEVER bid!!!!! And I bypass 75% of the requests that come in because the price of the jos are 2-3 times the budget for portrait photography and FIVE TO FIFTEEN TIMES THE BUDGET FOR EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TT is doing this to force us to bid on WORTHLESS jobs so we have to pay when people with inane budgets contact us!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?????? Since I pass on 75% of the requests, I'm now going to be paying for all the worthless jobs that I can't do!!!! That's going to QUADROUPLE my TT bidding fees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is OUTRAGEOUS OUTRAGEOUS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now the choice is to bid low and get contacted by everyone and have to pay for them all and TT makes more money on a job than we do, OR bid where the actual prices are supposed to be in the real world, and only get hired for 10% of the jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year I paid $4,000 in bids. If it quadrouples in this system, I'd be paying $16,000 in bidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY????????

WHOEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING? This new system just gets worse and worse and worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS CAN ONLY WORK IF WE PAY ONLY IF WE'RE HIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And even at that, we're still only going to be hired a fraction of the time because we've no clue what their budget is!!!!!!

revbrian
Level 8

@DefiningImagery said: "THIS CAN ONLY WORK IF WE PAY ONLY IF WE'RE HIRED!!!!!!!"

Exactly.

I had a few other points lined up, but immediately I can see that as it is, this just reinforces the existing "race to be cheapest", as that is what potential clinets will be looking at first... Now it's a blind bidding thing too. Who knows the budget?

Is it even worth quoting anymore?

Exactly! How do we quote and offer anything near what they need! Is it a backyard event on a budget, or over the top at at fancy ballroom? Or are they asking for the ballroom for the price of the yard? THE FIRST QUALIFYING QUESTION YOU ASK A POTENTIAL CLIENT IS, "WHAT KIND OF BUDGET RANGE DID YOU HAVE IN MIND?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS ESSENTIAL INFO!!!!!!!!!!

HOW CAN WE BID WITHOUT THE MOST ESSENTIAL PART OF THE REQUEST?????????????????