Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Re: Budget per person

Solved! Jump to solution
As a caterer myself I cannot even fathom why anyone would suggest this removal of budget .

Thumbtack has completely pulled the rug out from underneath my business.

How can I possibly send quotes without knowing the clients budget?

You think I really want to have a conversation or have time to have a conversation with everyone with a $200 budget for a $2000 event?

This could never help me, this does not help me, no one in my profession would even suggest it, and wouldn’t be floated in a meeting between Thumbtack executives and pros in my field about what “would be better”.

You’ve taken away the most important data point I could possibly get from the customer aside from the date of their event.

I am beyond disappointed at what you’ve done to this simple and easy and successful platform.

I was the top pro in my area for four years running and now you have me On the phone with the profile coach trying to tell me that my introductory paragraph needs work? I have 100’s of 5 star reviews and have been and absolute rock star on this platform with that exact intro for the last 4 years. This is not yelp! It’s THUMBTACK!!!!!!!!

Every single one of these new changes have hurt my business.

I sent a customized quote yesterday 2 1/2 minutes after the client posted what they were looking for. Insta match sent 10 quotes and the client never even looked at mine which came in only 2 1/2 minutes after.

I used to be rewarded for my interest in what a customer needed. I used to be rewarded for my customized quotes and letting the customer know that I wasn’t a robot. I used to be rewarded by being the first one to reply and showing my interest in the clients project. I used to be rewarded for easing the clients mind and letting them know that we do events like this all the time. I used to be rewarded for following up with and coddling clients so that they both know and feel that they’re being taken care of. You’ve stolen from every single pro who went out of their way on this platform to give your clients a non-robotic experience. And honest to God human on the other end who is looking to collaborate with you.

If I didn’t like the new prices before, how do you think I will like them now as I have to now pay Thumbtack to find out what the clients budget is now? Now I get to pay for the privilege of finding out that the clients budget is much smaller than required.

In my industry like many others we don’t charge by the hour and I can’t rattle off some arbitrary number without knowing numerous details. Instamatch flies in the face of common sense in my industry , in my field, in my area. Why would I want to bid on every single catering request in a 50 mile radius. Do you think I want in on every high school drama club dinner for 15 kids? Do you think I want in (45 dollars to quote) on every wedding taking place two years from now with a microscopic budget? Do you think I want to quote every person in the Tri-County area hosting a fundraiser looking for us to donate our services? Do you think that I want you to send quotes for me to every single secretary looking to host a 20 person office party (on the 41st floor of a building 50 miles away) for a 100$ profit.

Everything I loved about thumbtack is gone.

I was raised with common sense. Since May with these new changes you have been insulting my intelligence.

Stop.
Chefnikki
Level 5

Re: Budget per person

Solved! Jump to solution

I make money here but I have also spent thousands with no response..instead of them changing things that really matter they change this..its ridiculous because when we quote people and they respond with the price is too high, thumbtack still charges us for what we quote them for and the customer only wants to spend waaay less than what we quote.

Vensent
Level 6

Re: No Client Budget...How Will Fees Be Determined?

Solved! Jump to solution

They did the same with DJ services a while back.  I have repeately told Thumbtack customer budget info is critical for Pros.  It tells us if they are realistic, a vaid customer.  Looking for a low ball bid etc.   It is one the first money questions asked when consulting with a customer in person.  I will not bid a job if I can't get a feel for what the customer has in mind begining with price.    Just another way to get Pros to blindly bid on jobs generating more $ for Thumbtack and costing Pros more money.       I really don't think they read any of the reviews that Pros are saying about their fees and how Pros do not feel valued by them for anything other than their pocketbooks and how they can get more $ from them. 

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

For those of you who are just joining the conversation, I just want to make sure you all saw Jason's post on this thread. Whenever we make an update, it's important for us to tell you the why  behind the change. Thanks for all of your feedback and contribution to this conversation. 

Solved! Jump to solution
If you truly value your pros then all you have to do is see that no one is happy with the decision to loose the customers budget prompt. But something tells me that thumbtack will not change this back, there’s too much money in it for them.

Listen to the pros, knowing a persons budget is the most effective way to bid.
cklowry
Level 5

The new changes that leave off the customer's budget is a terrible idea. I have no idea if I am over quoting. It's best to know what price level the customer is expecting. Please go back to the old way!

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@JENNIFER2018 I just wanted to give some clarification. The customers budget never went into how much pros will pay if the customer responds. What determines the cost is the value of the job, the demand in the area, and how many pros offer that service in your area. I hope this clears a few things up, let me know if you have any questions. 

0 Kudos
sourire1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have a problem most of the time the client axing for availability when you said ok to them you never hear about them again and you still have to paid thumbtack
TackMaster ChefPaulStaley
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution

@MeckellHow is the fee for bidding determined for the job if there is no budget given? If the fee is determined by the overall price of the job, how do you know how much the job is worth if the potential client hasn't given any monetary info? Or do they give you a budget and you just don't give it to us? None of this makes any sense at all and the reasoning given hasn't been satisfactory at all.

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefPaulStaley No they don't give us the budget, all of the info they give in the request form is sent to you. We get the value of the job by the details that are given in the request such as the size of the job. Upon that, we take into consideration the demand in the area and how many pros offer that service. This video does a great job at explaining, check it out. 

0 Kudos