Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
jesuseldyablo85
Community Regular

No Leads

Hi there I have not gotten almost any leads in 8 week regardless if I use Promote or note.  My profile is extra strong, I am a Top Pro and have 80 5 star reviews.  I receive request for people who would like to spend less than $100 for an 8 hour shoot or leads in PA, MA, NJ which has nothing to do with my location or travel preferences which I have ensured to be correct.   Could you please let me know why I am not successful on Thumbtack anymore after being a Top Pro for 2.5 years?

Occupations (2)
41 responses
ReeseTee
Active Community Member

Re: Unintentional Review

Welcome to the club:

Many Pro's have been in this situation. I myself have a few 5-star reviews, where work was never done, but the job-poster got all hyper and excited because they liked my bid, but then cancelled the appointment for whatever reasons.

I have a number of 4 star reviews, but the text reads like a 5-star review. The job-poster was fumble fingered with their smartphone.

AND, I just got a 2-star review with no text, I typed my rebuttal, and the job-poster changed it to 5-star, with good text, so I had to type an apology because Thumbtack will not pull the first incorrect review.

I feel; as do many Pro's: That making the job-poster enter the star count twice; In a fashion similar to when you sign up for a new website, and you have to type your email twice, or your created password twice, would go a long way in reducing this source of grief and stress.

Many Pro's have reported receiving bad reviews, because the job-poster did not like the quoted price. So; they pay to bid, or pay for a contact, earn no money, and are left with a bad review. I should mention; a TT Pro is allowed a one time rebuttal. So, write your draft someplace else, do a grammar and spell check, and take some time before you post the rebuttal to the bad review.

Reese T.  May 07, 2019

cranichik
Active Community Member

I can't believe thumbtack won't delete the unintential review! They can get into our account to look up anything they want, they can delete our posts here, so there is no way thay can't delete a wrong review. They apparently just WON'T.

jesuseldyablo85
Community Regular

There's no doubt in my mind that Thumbtack has the ability to remove this review. I think whoever the customer service rep the customer contacted was just following the book instead of using common sense either that or Thumbtack has lost its way. We know they aren't listening to the PROs and it appears that they aren't listening to the job posters either.
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

@ReeseTee I wanted to touch on what you've said here: "AND, I just got a 2-star review with no text, I typed my rebuttal, and the job-poster changed it to 5-star, with good text, so I had to type an apology because Thumbtack will not pull the first incorrect review."

In the instance where a customer has left you a review and then updated it, the updated ranking and text will be what is officially counted towards your review score and shown to customers and not the original.

needsmorecoffee
Active Community Member

This is so unfair, and illustrates the point I have made multiple times to thumbtack as to why they should not allow non customers to leave reviews. Only people who have hired pros and can evaluate their skill set and their ability to complete a job should be writing reviews ever. There is simply no good reason to allow a non-customer who has not hired you and cannot attest to your ability to complete a job the option to write a review of your services. Amazon doesn't allow it for products, and they are the self-proclaimed most customer-centric company on the planet.
Performance22
Community Regular

I completely agree! For some reason Thumbtack allows potential customers WHO HAVE NOT HIRED YOU to mark you as "Hired" just to leave you a bad review! That is a major flaw! With this type of system any person, any competition, scorned lover, worst enemy etc. Could potentially make a numerous new profiles, select you as a contractor, then instantly mark you as hired once you respond then leave you a bad review! Nonstop! They could literally ruin your whole career! The same exact situation happened to me today and Thumbtack says they are working on it. Please fix this loophole in the system Thumbtack!
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@jesuseldyablo85 Our review policy is that we rarely ever remove reviews or update reviews unless they violate our Content and Review Policy. In this case, it looks like after review that our teams determined the review was not in violation and will stay. I know that it can be hard to have a negative review on your profile but remember that if the customer decides to that they can update the review one time based on their interactions with you and not just work that was completed. 

0 Kudos
jesuseldyablo85
Community Regular

Hi Kameron,

Did you read the part where I said that the customer stated that they had no knowledge they were posting a review?

They want the review to be taken down rather than update it to a 5 star review because I have not done any work for them yet. If they decide to hire me later on, they were told by the customer service rep that they would not be able to update their review or make any additional comments so that's why they are hesitant to update the review now which I totally understand and agree with.

I can totally understand not removing the review if I was the only one asking for it because I felt it was unfair or I did a bad job and didn't want anybody else to know but it is the actual job poster who is requesting this and Thumbtack is ignoring the request.

Thank you for providing a link to your review policy but is just that a policy, and it doesn't take into account every single scenario, where is the common sense as a business?

cranichik
Active Community Member

@Kameron  Did you not read the part where @jesuseldyablo85 stated he got a review BUT NEVER DID THE WORK! It was a mistake on the client's part and the client stated that fact, also. How can that NOT be in violation??? Why ruin the Pro's reputation like this?? 

cranichik 5-8-2019