results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

Re: Dwindling Lead Theory

Solved! Jump to solution
I was a top pro for years since last oct. Nothing. Few and far between. Have moved on from tt.
0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @JSGDS, thanks for the advice and congratulations on your success.

You suggested, When a customer submits a request we generally get them on the phone or a msg back...

Well yeah. I used to be able to respond super quickly WHEN a customer submitted a request. I can't do that now because there is no WHEN anymore. I'm a TopPro and #1 for my category Orlando/Tampa which are my busiest areas.In the last 4 weeks I've received, 389 Listing Views, 72 Profile Views, 0 Leads. 

For Thumbtack, as "Tom Jones" would say, ... "It's not unusual".

We are often told the new system was put in place because only 20% of customers ever saw a Pro. In the last 4 weeks with 389 customers visiting Thumbtack that would have translated into about 77 leads in my Inbox with the old system who I could have reached out to. The new system generated 0 leads in 4 weeks = 0 hires. Brilliant!

I'm open to suggestions for how I (as a soon to be ex TopPro) should be using Thumbtack to get hired when I'm not receiving any leads.

Regards,
Laurence.

MR
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution
How does he get back to them on the phone unless customer provides phone in their request ? We don't get the phone numbers for leads
JSGDS
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

@Lar I don't understand how you have zero leads? Are you saying you see the request and pay for the request but don't get any response back?

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

@JSGDS, to clarify, I'm receiving ANY requests/leads, period. None. There is no-one for me to reply to.

Regards,
Laurence.

Not getting any leads anymore

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been getting a regular stream of automated leads (around 10-15) for my nutritionist service, my budget set to $70-80 over the past few months and suddenly (for 2 weeks) almost no more (1-3) automated leads. I have not changed anything on my profile or settings/budget. I contacted TT several times and they tell me to change my profile but it just does not make sense if it worked previously perfectly and suddenly it does not work anymore. Is there an algorythm change in TT, a technical change, do they advertise less? What could it be and what can I do? I spent so much time and money to tweak my profile and was all happy but now I have to look for another channel to get leads. I am only working remotely, so I am wondering if I should set up another profile in another place? Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome. TIA.

Moderator Meckell

Re: Not getting any leads anymore

Solved! Jump to solution

@andrea_caprio since you offer your services remotely, you're competing against other nutritionists from all across the US, not just in your area. Have you done a search for yourself to see where you're ranking when a customer searches for a nutritionist? If not, I would recommend starting there! You can do this by going to your services and then selecting Look yourself up. 

Your profile looks great, but one thing that I think will really help you is getting some more reviews. The most popular Nutritionist pros have as many as 65 reviews so getting a few more on your profile would be helpful! Reach out to your past customers and see if any of them would be willing to leave you a review. 

I'm seeing that there are some jobs in your Jobs tab. Have you been quoting on those jobs or are you seeing a decrease in the amount that's coming in there as well? 

0 Kudos

Re: Not getting any leads anymore

Solved! Jump to solution

I GOT GOOD LEADS FOR A FEW MONTHS AND I HAVE CHANGED NOTHING AND SUDDENLY THERE ARE LESS LEADS - And I see this with others, so why is TT not admitting there is something wrong on their side and address this ??????

duquette54
Level 5

I have the same problem exactly. Relatively sucessful until late April, then to total views fell off a cliff. And no support, except one "advisor" reccomending a backround check which is irrelavant to a remote resume writer.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DCFGCatering
Level 8
For the last 5 years I’ve used thumbtack to help me get business when it’s slows down in the summer.

This year looks to be empty. The site doesn’t work for me any longer
0 Kudos