Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Not getting any leads anymore

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been getting a regular stream of automated leads (around 10-15) for my nutritionist service, my budget set to $70-80 over the past few months and suddenly (for 2 weeks) almost no more (1-3) automated leads. I have not changed anything on my profile or settings/budget. I contacted TT several times and they tell me to change my profile but it just does not make sense if it worked previously perfectly and suddenly it does not work anymore. Is there an algorythm change in TT, a technical change, do they advertise less? What could it be and what can I do? I spent so much time and money to tweak my profile and was all happy but now I have to look for another channel to get leads. I am only working remotely, so I am wondering if I should set up another profile in another place? Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome. TIA.

Moderator Meckell

Re: Not getting any leads anymore

Solved! Jump to solution

@andrea_caprio since you offer your services remotely, you're competing against other nutritionists from all across the US, not just in your area. Have you done a search for yourself to see where you're ranking when a customer searches for a nutritionist? If not, I would recommend starting there! You can do this by going to your services and then selecting Look yourself up. 

Your profile looks great, but one thing that I think will really help you is getting some more reviews. The most popular Nutritionist pros have as many as 65 reviews so getting a few more on your profile would be helpful! Reach out to your past customers and see if any of them would be willing to leave you a review. 

I'm seeing that there are some jobs in your Jobs tab. Have you been quoting on those jobs or are you seeing a decrease in the amount that's coming in there as well? 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I GOT GOOD LEADS FOR A FEW MONTHS AND I HAVE CHANGED NOTHING AND SUDDENLY THERE ARE LESS LEADS - And I see this with others, so why is TT not admitting there is something wrong on their side and address this ??????

DrRevJenine
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@andrea_caprio  I get direct leads that never reply after I respond after just a few seconds. I usually have my app open or I have the site open on my computer while I am working on it. Do you see this happening too? I also get duplicate clients who contact me and then I see their request again after they connected with me directly. What is happening in those cases?

0 Kudos
Moderator taylor

Solved! Jump to solution

@DrRevJenine Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us here! We're glad to have you as a part of the community. We know it can be frustrating when you don't hear back from a lead after they reach out to you. But just like you said, they may end up coming back to you when they're ready or in need of another project. To answer your question, if you get a duplicate lead you can actually dispute the charge by going to your payments and selecting "help with a charge" above your payment history. If you have any other questions about how or when you should dispute a charge, you can find out more here

DrRevJenine
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@andrea_caprio  I try to set up profiles everywhere I can. I create a blog and make sure I am all over google. I am restarting after moving to another state with a new TT account so its been hard for me to generate leads let alone reviews! My clients always tell me how great I did but getting them to review me has been hard. I try to reply to requests asap and my first month back with TT I actually did quite well. There has been a slow decline on how many people have actually hired me compared to a few months ago. 

duquette54
Level 5

I have the same problem exactly. Relatively sucessful until late April, then to total views fell off a cliff. And no support, except one "advisor" reccomending a backround check which is irrelavant to a remote resume writer.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DCFGCatering
Level 8
For the last 5 years I’ve used thumbtack to help me get business when it’s slows down in the summer.

This year looks to be empty. The site doesn’t work for me any longer
0 Kudos
Agreed on all of this. I've noticed the last 3 weeks barely any leads coming in at all. I've also been on Thumbtack for 6 years and have lots of reviews. At first, I thought I was being punished because I wasn't using promote, but now I can see that this is happening to many pros, some using promote, so there's something else going on here. Is TT just throttling leads to veterans because they want a newer, less experienced batch of professionals to move in who offer services at much lower prices? Or is it truly a software issue on their end? I'd recommend that each of you submit a trouble ticket to thumbtack and see if the engineers can come up with anything.
Moderator Kameron

Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us here. Our system is not set up to throttle leads to veterans on Thumbtack. Occasionally, we'll boost a new pro's account in search results to help them get off to a good start but the amount of leads you get is mostly reliant on how well you fit a customer's job. You can help boost your own rank in search results by focusing on these five factors. First, work to get your past customers to leave you reviews. This will help customers know you're the right choice.  Second, ensure your pricing is completely filled out so customers can know what to expect when hiring you. Third, be sure your profile is completely filled out and up to date. Fourth, be responsive. Whether you're letting them know you're unavailable or sending a response to a customer, timing is key. Lastly, make sure you've set all of your preferences with promote so that we can be sure to send you the right customers. Focusing on these five aspects will help you find more success on Thumbtack. Our team is always happy to take a look at your account and see how we can help you to see the success you'd like to see. 

0 Kudos